THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Crucible of Malediction VS Nids

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
netphenix
Slave

Crucible of Malediction VS Nids Empty
PostSubject: Crucible of Malediction VS Nids   Crucible of Malediction VS Nids I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 16:15

Hey everyone,

Apologies if this got covered already, but I'm both a returning 40K player (haven't played a single 5th ed game, just sayin'...) and a new member of this board, and my search-fu may have failed me. So, just out of curiosity :

How does the CoM fare against those pesky alien bugs?

I'm curious because from my past experience, 'Nids were often the second-heaviest psy users after CWE, and taking out synapse beasties won me many a game. But the new BoP rule got me lost, especially with units that can be "split" at deployment, like our own Haemies or the floating Zoanthropes. Assuming those are all over the board but still in range of the CoM, do they take separate tests or one common one? Does the BoP rule mean only one gets axed if they fail said tests? In fact, do creatures with the Synapse rule count as Psykers for a CoM?

Many thanks for any thoughts you can share on the topic, or any resources you can direct me to.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction VS Nids   Crucible of Malediction VS Nids I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 16:33

Synapse alone is not sufficient to fall under the affects of the CoM. They need to have the Psyker special rule. BoP does not, to the best of my knowledge, apply to any Tyranid units.

netphenix
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction VS Nids   Crucible of Malediction VS Nids I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 16:45

So logically, in the case of Zoans, each of them within range would have to take a separate, individual test against the CoM, right?

That could make that piece of wargear pretty crippling against those bugs.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction VS Nids   Crucible of Malediction VS Nids I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 17:50

Nope, brotheroods just one wound for a failed unit wide LD test

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction VS Nids   Crucible of Malediction VS Nids I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 18:11

but broods of Zoans are not brotherhood of psykers...

The crucible could do a ton of damage to nids if released near say... 2 units of 3x zoans + tervigon (as both are psykers) but its hard to fail LD 10 on 2 dice, and isnt really worth it against anything really, considering we have poison weapons that kill nids oh so much easier.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
netphenix
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction VS Nids   Crucible of Malediction VS Nids I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15 2013, 19:56

Quote :
The crucible could do a ton of damage to nids if released near say... 2 units of 3x zoans + tervigon (as both are psykers) but its hard to fail LD 10 on 2 dice, and isnt really worth it against anything really, considering we have poison weapons that kill nids oh so much easier.

True, but the Crucible is a big circle centered on the Haemie user, and so could target drastically scattered enemies, and even snipe psykers in the midst of a unit. It does have its selling points. I agree that, given psykers' usually high Ld, it would be tough to make its cost back in kills... Assuming one used a semi-suicidal transport to get the Haemie in position, couldn't it justify the use of a TGL on said transport, to help the Ld test fail ?

Yes, I'm one of those nuts who try to actually find uses for screwy gear like that. Razz Plus I have a special loathing of Nids and their Synapse rules, so I really like screwing with them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction VS Nids   Crucible of Malediction VS Nids I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 02:15

I really wish we had more in the codex that lowered the leadership stat.

As it is, you're committing a Haemy, a 20 point piece of wargear, and a transport in order to have something like a 1 in 10 chance to kill a psyker. If you aren't sacrificing the haemy or the transport to pull it off I could see it being worthwhile to pop off that wargear at 200 points worth of psykers.

Eh, good luck.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction VS Nids   Crucible of Malediction VS Nids I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 09:45

Well actually, the Haemi would probably have a primary mission in getting my Wyches a PT from the get-go, and the transport would be theirs. Once I get the scantily-clad butchers in melee range of the 'Nids, the Haemi and his Raider would probably be pretty damn close to where I'd need them for this trick.

So, in all fairness, the added cost would be "only" 25pts for the CoM and the TGL. While I agree that this would probably be the raider's swansong, it's not a crazily expensive one - or at least not crazily moreso than it would be to have said raider close enough to a 'Nids brood to drop the ladies anyway....
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction VS Nids   Crucible of Malediction VS Nids I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 14:38

like I said before, try it and see what you think, but DE in general should not have a hard time against nids... ever... and its just easier to spend those points on poison, which slaughters nids across the board

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction VS Nids   Crucible of Malediction VS Nids I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crucible of Malediction VS Nids
Page 1 of 1