THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First ever army list (2k)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WhatAHowl
Slave
WhatAHowl

First ever army list (2k) Empty
PostSubject: First ever army list (2k)   First ever army list (2k) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13 2018, 20:02

Hey everyone. I'm definitely more of a painter than a gamer, but I was tinkering with BattleScribe to make up a list I could paint and play with! Let me know what you think!

BATTALION DETACHMENT (+5CP)
Kabal of the Flayed Skull
Alliance of Agony (-1CP)

HQ:
Archon - Blast pistol, the Djin Blade, Warlord, Hatred Eternal - 86pts
Archon - Blast pistol, agoniser - 84pts

ELITE:
Mandrakes (5) - baleblast, glimmersteel blade - 80pts
Mandrakes (5) - baleblast, glimmersteel blade - 80pts

TROOPS:
Kabalite Warriors (5) - Splinter rifles (4), blaster (1) - 47pts

DEDICATED TRANSPORT:
Raider (3) - disintegrator cannon - 240pts
Venom (4) - splinter cannon (2) - 300pts

BATTALION DETACHMENT (+5CP)
Cult of Strife

HQ:
Lelith Hesperax - penetrating blades (2), Blood Dancer - 80pts
Succubus - blast pistol, Archite glaive - 60pts

TROOPS:
Wyches (10) - agoniser, hekatarii blades, razorflails (1), hydra gauntlets (1), shardnet and impaler (1) - 97pts
Wyches (10) - agoniser, hekatarii blades, razorflails (1), hydra gauntlets (1), shardnet and impaler (1) - 97pts

FAST ATTACK:
Reavers (6) - splinter rifles, bladevanes, blasters (2), grav-talons (2) - 154pts

SPEARHEAD DETACHMENT (+1 CP)
Coven of Twelve

HQ:
Haemonculus - electrocorrosive whip, stinger pistol, Master Nemesine - 81pts

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Talos - macro-scalpels (2), twin haywire blaster - 99pts

TOTAL POINTS: 1974
TOTAL PL: 102
TOTAL CP: 13

Thoughts? My idea was to use the Kabalites in Venoms as fire-support, with one Venom left for the two Archons, Lelith and Succubus to go zooming around and causing trouble (or use Sceaming Jets to drop them somewhere soft?). Wyches go in the Flayed Skull Raiders for extra speed, thought dissies would suit best to soften up the targets they should be attacking. Reavers are for general chaos and zapping heavy stuff. Covenites march up on foot to provide a sink for enemy fire (if they get focussed on) and smashing heavy stuff (if they don't!).

Would really appreciate constructive criticism - I played one game against a friend using Custodes. I had the Index, he had the Codex, and I had a pretty hodge-podge list of what I had painted at the time...I'd quite like a rematch and take some superhuman prisoners Twisted Evil

And when you're dying, I will be still alive.
And when you're dead, I will be still alive.

- Overheard muttering in the regeneration chambers of the Coven of the Gift Revealed
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: First ever army list (2k)   First ever army list (2k) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13 2018, 21:26

It looks pretty good but I think you will suffer a little against vehicle heavy armies, you're hedging your bets on 6 Haywire Blasters and 5 Blasters for your anti-tank, I don't think that's enough.

If nothing else I might suggest changing your Raider Disintegrators to Lances....Disintegrators are all around great, but they're not sufficient by themselves, and in such small numbers, to do the heavy lifting of removing vehicles.

Finding a way to get at least one Dark Lance/dedicated anti-tank unit might help too...whether that's Blaster Scourges or a Lance Ravager, depends on your collection, but overall I just think that taking out vehicles MAY be your Achilles' heel.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: First ever army list (2k)   First ever army list (2k) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2018, 12:35

Firstly, shout out to your awesome footer; never thought a Portal - Coven crossover would be a thing but it meshes nicely.

I'd agree with lcfr's suggestion - you could really, really do with heavier firepower. You could double your Darklance/Blaster count and you still wouldn't be overdoing it, and as suggested Scourges or Ravagers are a great source for these.

One other thing, if you're cramming 4 HQs into a Venom keep that thing hidden!

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: First ever army list (2k)   First ever army list (2k) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2018, 16:49

I was just looking at this again and wondering how much darklight you really do need, or how you would get it...

Because I feel like I'm in the same boat when I'm not playing pure Kabal, I just find it really striking how few Dark Lances I'm running now compared to just a few months ago.

But I think with your Cult Detachment you've got a fix.

Really your big problem is Fly vehicles, though you have so many frontline assault troops that you should be able to tie down grounded vehicles to stop them from shooting, and the Talos are capable of ripping jets out of the air if you can corral an enemy Flyer.

I think you would be able to better shore up your anti-vehicle problems by switching to Cult of the Red Grief, and splitting your Reavers up and maybe even taking more if you have the models (completely naked without any weapon upgrades).

Being able to jet forwards 26" and then still charge means that even as early as Turn 1, even with beta restrictions to deep strike, you can silence a tank by tying it down for a round. You can even Enhanced Aethersails with a WychBoat and smash into heavy weapon infantry or tanks alike as well if you need the reach, and use Agents of Vect to help buy you some critical time in the first two battle rounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First ever army list (2k)   First ever army list (2k) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First ever army list (2k)
Page 1 of 1