THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1800pt Army List WWP List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

1800pt Army List WWP List Empty
PostSubject: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17 2011, 20:12

While I am working on an updated model for my Archon and his court, I have been playing around with this list led by his most 'trusted' Haemonculus, Tendrilon. Would like to know some thoughts on how you think this list would work.

HQ

Haemon Coven -205
Haemonculus Tendrilon - Venomblade, Liquifier, WWP (joins the Black Guard)
Spider Haemon - 1 Ancient w/ Scissorhands and Liquifier (joining Wych Squad)

Troops
The Black Guard - 9 Wracks, 1 Liquifer, Raider, Sails, FF - 195
10 Wracks, 2 Liquifers, Raider, FF - 190
9 Wyches, Hek, Agon, Haywire (WWP) - 138

Elite
5 Incubi, Klaivex, Demiklaives; Venom w/ Splintercannon and Nightshields

Fast Attack
5 Scourges, 2 Haywireguns - 130
5 Scourges - 110
Beastpack - 2 Masters, 5 Kymera, 2 Flocks - 114

Heavy Support
Ravager w/ FF - 115
Ravager w/ FF - 115
Talos - Chains, xtra CC, Haywire Guns - 130 (WWP)
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 06:30

Just as a general note - though I like armies with fluff - when you're asking for a review of the army list, you may wish to make sure it's easily readable as such. I had to work at this a bit longer than i otherwise might have, because I had to keep verifying what various things were.

Ciirian wrote:
Haemonculus Tendrilon - Venomblade, Liquifier, WWP (joins the Black Guard)
Spider Haemon - 1 Ancient w/ Scissorhands and Liquifier (joining Wych Squad)
I think the Ancient upgrade is pretty lackluster. If you're going to do that upgrade, you should probably have it with the Wracks, as then he makes sense in trying to help them in assault because his slow backside won't hinder them.

As a WWP plan I find this pretty lacking, as I think it's a poor idea to only field one portal. I'd tend to suggest 2 non-Ancients and have them be there to lob out portals, and then have everything else pour out.

Quote :
Troops
The Black Guard - 9 Wracks, 1 Liquifer, Raider, Sails, FF - 195
10 Wracks, 2 Liquifers, Raider, FF - 190
Fine.

Quote :
Fine, though I am wondering why 9 when they're coming out of a portal.

Quote :
Elite
5 Incubi, Klaivex, Demiklaives; Venom w/ Splintercannon and Nightshields
Fine.

Quote :
Fast Attack
5 Scourges, 2 Haywireguns - 130
5 Scourges - 110
What's the point of Scourges if not to get special weapons? Especially considering how much assault you have.

Quote :
Beastpack - 2 Masters, 5 Kymera, 2 Flocks - 114
Speaking of which...

Quote :
Heavy Support
Ravager w/ FF - 115
Ravager w/ FF - 115
Fine.

Quote :
Talos - Chains, xtra CC, Haywire Guns - 130 (WWP)
Fine.

The big issues I see are twofold;

1. Not enough ways to deal with armor. You have a lot of stuff coming out of the portal looking to hurt infantry, and half of your anti-mech guns are Haywire Blasters...which don't tend to assure popping of transports. Also, a lot of your anti-mech, is inside your portals, so it's a bit of a crap-shoot as to which will show up and when.

2. It's a BIG risk to go single portal carrier when so much of your army is coming out of that portal. Especially when you're sitting there with a second transport starting on the board just staring you in the face.

I recommend dumping the ancient and basically getting a 'clone' of Tendril boy and fielding two Black Guard like setups. Another modification I suggest is dropping the anti-infantry Scourges (you don't need them) and use the points to beef up the Wych squads and/or Beasts (I suggest Wyches). Also, heat lances on that other Scourge Squad rather than Haywire - if you're popping out of a portal you might as well make sure you can rip open the vehicle you're shooting at. I also think the Incubi are uneeded and don't gell well with the list. I'd sack them and use the points for Trueblasters, or maybe some other anti-mech skimmer to start on the board. Extra points cna be fed towards Wyches or maybe not dropping the Second Scourges, but still getting them heat lances or something.

Hope that helps,
Thor.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 19:56

Ok. I love themed list (especially Coven Razz ) So Ill keep that in mind while critiquing, but keep in mind Im looking for optimization, while keeping with your Theme.

First off I will point out I dont think hybrids work. Like Thor said if your using portals, two seem best, that being said most hybrids make due with 1... but I just have to state that first.

HQ: Ok... why isnt your main guy the Ancient??? But I digress. I would just use one Haemie, give him the ancient (if you want) and give him all the gear. Let this new Haemie go with the wracks, and it frees up some points for you. The wyches are on foot, and will be slowed down by any attached Haemie, plus it should be easy enough for them to get a pain token quickly (or be hidden in cover) Also add a PW to him, as FC will help him punch through most units.

Elites: Why??? You have enough assault. I would drop them and go with some Blasterborn, itll give you some AT, as well as another dangerous target starting on the board. Also the Incubi are just too much out of place, since you already have enough assault already.

Troops: Drop the AS on the raider, as your most likely be jumping out of the raider T1 to drop the portal anyway, Also I would try and add an Acoythist with a PW, FC Helps alot, so does that ignoring saves.

Also any free points pump up those wyches, 10 is min for coming out of a portal, 15 is even better.

FA: I agree with Thor, your coming out of a portal, Heat Lances are a good choice. That being said, if you want the flexability to walk them up field, the Haywire Blaster is a good choice. Also get that second squad some special weapons for the dark muses sake!!!

The beasts are ok, although I dont know how 1 small squad is going to make much a difference. You might want to look at droping them all together for more points, or getting another squad of scourges.

HS: No Complaints

To reiterate Thor, you lack AT. Getting those TB and maybe another squad of scourges will help mitigate that alittle bit. Also 1800 is an odd #, if you bump it up to 2k, remember to add as much AT as you can pack! (and maybe another Troop choice...)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 20:32

Re: Shadows Revenge - if you do want to keep both Haems, and only one portal, at the very least your main guy should be coming out of the portal after allowing a minion to perform all the risk of placing it, yeah?

He had a good point about the Elite slot - I'll second it.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19 2011, 22:21

Thor665 wrote:
Re: Shadows Revenge - if you do want to keep both Haems, and only one portal, at the very least your main guy should be coming out of the portal after allowing a minion to perform all the risk of placing it, yeah?

He had a good point about the Elite slot - I'll second it.

True, but from how I read he had his "title" haemonculus as the portal carrier... plus I would think the main haemie of a coven would also be the oldest and most "ancient"
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 00:59

I agree with that take - I'm advocating regular Haem portal drop and Ancient Haem w. S.Hands popping out of portal with something nasty. Name switch would probably be needed though, unless Spider was the actual brains of the outfit.

Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 04:23

"Spider" wasnt the name, just a stand in, heres a WIP 1800pt Army List WWP List IMG_8481

gave her the "Ancient" upgrade. Shes not really an Ancient, but a creature made by Tendrilon from the Wyche's former Succubus so I wanted to upgrade the stats...but anyway.....Here is "Tendrillon" 's WIP 1800pt Army List WWP List IMG_1971
and yeah, he was the "leader' whiles not around.

They are painted I just don't have an updated picture. My last game my Wyches were the portal carriers w/ Haemons both equipped w/ Venomblade, WWP, Liquifier, Ill prolly just stick to that.

Just because I wanna show it off, heres a WIP of my Archon, 1800pt Army List WWP List Securedownload7 1800pt Army List WWP List Securedownload6

Hmm....maybe a unit of Blasterborn are just what I need for my force instead of the Incubi, just need to come up with a "Warrior" color scheme. The list was going with what I have painted atm. I'll retweek and repost, thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20 2011, 15:09

I like that haemie (your main guy) looks good, as for the Archon, Im kinda 50/50 of using the medusae body... but its definately different and interesting

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21 2011, 02:19

I liked the robe-look. The original version of my Archon was rather static and the robe on the Medusae body had much more of a Dark Eldar 'look' than the one I put together. Heres a view of the first version in case anyones curious.

1800pt Army List WWP List IMG_7616
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21 2011, 18:22

Maybe to make it easier I will just list the models that are currently availble to me.

HQ
2 Haemies w/Liquifier, Venomblade, WWP
Archon (equipment can 'count as' many things, was going to go soultrap/huskblade, thoughts/suggestions?)
Court of Archon - 4 Urghuls, 2 Ssylth, 2 Medusae, 1 Lhamaen

Elites
9 Incubi, 1 Klaivex with 'demiklaives
Trueborn squad? (have 3 warriors assembled atm with Blasters)

Troops
9 Wyches, Hek w/ Agonizer
9 Wyches, Hek w/ Agonizer
10 Wracks, 2 w/ Liquifier
9 Wracks, 1 Liquifer (thats my 'Blackguard' unit, need 1 more head to complete squad)

Transports
3 Raiders, 1 Venom

Fast Attack
Beastpack, 2 Masters, 2 Flocks, 5 Khymera
5 Scourges, 2 w/ Haywire
5 Scourges, (suggestion on weapons, I have 1 more Haywire, 3 of everything else)

HeavySupport
2x Ravagers w/ Daklances
Talos, Chains, CC, Haywire
Chronos full upgrades

In addition to all that I also have a full Battleforce, aprrox 8 male Wyches, 2 Warrior bodies, 2 Warrior boxes of special weapons, 3 Wych boxes of special weapons and 3 Scourge boxes worth of special weapons. So what would you guys suggest would be the best make up based on all that? What type of additions would you reccomend I focus on

Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22 2011, 09:38

Why not have a cronos and talos in a WWP list? It looks more Coven themed.

Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22 2011, 13:32

Would perfer to, but felt that I needed more things to bring down armor. Think the Talos/Chronos would do well together?
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22 2011, 13:37

I've not tried both to be honest, but I dont get to game often at the moment 9just moved house)

a Talos with TL heat lance coming out of a webway portal near enemy lines should pop a few tanks I think. And a Cronos can pop light tanks easy enough in close combat also (S5 + 2D6)

The Cronos can then also hand out paintokens to the Talos/itself/others from any infantry kills.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22 2011, 15:12

I like two Taloi and 1 Chronos in a WWP list. This way that Chronos can pass some tokens around to the other foot units (normally warriors w/blasters or wyches w/ Haywires) and the Taloi, which are going to draw fire.

Also remember the Chronos is no slouch in combat, he is still an MC, and get 2d6 against rear armor of a tank.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2011, 03:12

Would you drop a Ravager in the list for another Talos? I was thinking it would be pretty cool to only use Talos/Chronos but thought that with a list like mine a Ravager was sort of needed (And I *HATE* painting the DE vehicles!!!)

I swapped some parts around with my old warriors and made 4 Blaster carrying Trueborn and out of the my old Archon body made myself a Blastpistol/Venomblade for the Dracon. Figure adding that squad to a Venom could make up for lack of another Ravager.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2011, 16:11

Ravagers arent always needed, the problem being that you need to bring those MCs up close and personal, which is harder than it looks. I would try all MCs, and see if you like it or not, practice makes perfect you know Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23 2011, 16:54

As long as yuo have enough WWP and can get them across the board - all Talos/cronos should work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1800pt Army List WWP List   1800pt Army List WWP List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1800pt Army List WWP List
Page 1 of 1