THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers   2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07 2018, 14:16

Battalion, Outrider and Air Wing Detachments (+7 CP) - 1998 points - 102 Power
- Prizes from the Dark City: -1 CP

Battalion - Wych Cult - Red Grief

No Force Org

- Beast Unit - 6 Khymerae - 60pts

HQ
- Succubus with Blood Glaive and Blast Pistol (Warlord: Hyper-Swift Reflexes) - 60pts
   - Combat Drug: Adrenalight (+1 Attack)
- Succubus with Archite Glaive and Parasite's Kiss - 50pts
   - Combat Drug: Grave Lotus (+1 Strength)

Troops
- 10 Wyches (2 Razorflails, 1 Shardnet + Impaler, Hekatrix has Agoniser and Splinter Pistol) - 97pts
- 10 Wyches (2 Hydra Gauntlets, 1 Shardnet + Impaler, Hekatrix has Power Sword and Blast Pistol) - 107pts
- 10 Wyches (2 Hydra Gauntlets, 1 Shardnet + Impaler, Hekatrix has Agoniser and Blast Pistol) - 107pts
   - All 3 Wyches squads have the Painbringer Combat Drug (+1 Toughness)

Elites
- Beastmaster with Agoniser - 40pts
  - Combat Drug: Splintermind (+2 Leadership)

Dedicated Transport
- Raider with Disintegrator Cannon, Splinter Racks and Grisly Trophies - 92pts
- Raider with Dark Lance, Splinter Racks and Grisly Trophies - 97pts
- Raider with Dark Lance, Splinter Racks and Grisly Trophies - 97pts

Outrider - Wych Cult - Red Grief

HQ

- Succubus with Shardnet + Impaler - 55pts

Fast Attack
- 15 Hellions (Helliarch has Stunclaw, Splinter Pistol and Phantasm Grenade Launcher) - 220pts
   - Combat Drug: Serpentin (+1 Weapon Skill)
- 7 Reavers (2 Blasters, 2 Grav-Talons, Arena Champion has Power Sword) - 177pts
   - Combat Drug: Hypex (+2 Move)
- 10 Scourges (4 with Splinter Cannons, Solarite has Venom Blade and Shardcarbine) - 162pts
- 5 Scourges (2 Heat Lances, 2 Haywire Blasters, Solarite has Venom Blade and Blast Pistol) - 112pts

Air Wing - Kabal - ??? (Either Flayed Skull or Black Heart)

Flyer
- Razorwing Jetfighter with Disintegrator Cannons and Splinter Cannon - 145pts
- Razorwing Jetfighter with Dark Lances and Splinter Cannon - 155pts
- Voidraven Bomber with Void Lances and Missiles - 165pts

So, I had this idea for a Wych Cult list recently, and was wondering if I could get some feedback on it, as well as some opinions on some of the choices I mention below. I'm not sure how well - if at all - a predominantly cult list will perform, but I'm hoping it will be fun to find out. I'll have to wait for a while before testing it out though, as I need to get another box of Wyches and kitbash the third Succubus (the one with Shardnet/Impaler).

The three Raiders in the battalion will be used to keep the wyches safe (if only for a moment), but I'm curious to know: is it worth taking splinter racks on them? For kabalites, I can understand their usefulness given the amount of splinter fire they can produce, but I'm not 100% convinced that it will be as effective for the wyches's splinter pistols. And if it's not worth taking them, how would you recommend spending the extra 30 points I'd have left over?

In regards to the Air Wing detachment, which would you guys recommend? Black Heart or Flayed Skull? I'm kind of edging towards the latter, but would like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Any comments, suggestions and tactical tidbits are always welcome.
Back to top Go down
Clothar
Slave
Clothar

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers   2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12 2018, 02:45

I love Cult and play them often, but they are by far the worst of our 3 factions. Hellions are bad, Wyches and Reavers decent and beasts are adequate but horribly implemented and compounded by a near worthless Beastmaster.

So first off, if this is just a for fun list, leave it as is. It's better that you play your lists and then refine as you see fit.

If you're trying to be more competitive, there's a lot of changes that could be made. While trying to keep to the theme of your list, here's a few changes I would consider:

Succubus with Archite Glaive and Parasite's Kiss  
 - Change Combat Drug to Adrenalight or Hypex (see below)

Reavers
 - Change combat drug to Painbringer (if you do this, change above Succ to Hypex)

Wyches
 - Remove Razorflails, replace with Hydra Gauntlets
 - Change combat drug on all 3 squads to Adrenalight (if previous combat drug changes were made)
 - Change Power Sword to Agonizer

Raiders
 - Change Dark Lances to Disintegrators and remove Splinter Racks and Grisly Trophies

Scourges
 - More Shredders (and Haywire), fewer Splinter Cannons. Scourges out of deep strike have -1 to hit with a heavy weapon on that turn. Shredders have lower range but are quite good at removing that pesky infantry unit from the table, say Hellblasters or Long Fangs.

So there's a few things that immediately jump out at me. These are changes that won't compromise the premise of the list but may give you that extra little bit of oomph on the table. Either Black Heart or Flayed Skull are good for your air wing.

Now for the extra points! My first inclination would be for a Venom or two for your Succs. A Blast Pistol for your 3rd squad of Wyches. After that, more Reavers, Clawed Fiends (my personal favorite) or even some Mandrakes.
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers   2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12 2018, 14:47

Clothar wrote:
I love Cult and play them often, but they are by far the worst of our 3 factions. Hellions are bad, Wyches and Reavers decent and beasts are adequate but horribly implemented and compounded by a near worthless Beastmaster.

So first off, if this is just a for fun list, leave it as is. It's better that you play your lists and then refine as you see fit.

If you're trying to be more competitive, there's a lot of changes that could be made. While trying to keep to the theme of your list, here's a few changes I would consider:

Succubus with Archite Glaive and Parasite's Kiss  
 - Change Combat Drug to Adrenalight or Hypex (see below)

Reavers
 - Change combat drug to Painbringer (if you do this, change above Succ to Hypex)

Wyches
 - Remove Razorflails, replace with Hydra Gauntlets
 - Change combat drug on all 3 squads to Adrenalight (if previous combat drug changes were made)
 - Change Power Sword to Agonizer

Raiders
 - Change Dark Lances to Disintegrators and remove Splinter Racks and Grisly Trophies

Scourges
 - More Shredders (and Haywire), fewer Splinter Cannons. Scourges out of deep strike have -1 to hit with a heavy weapon on that turn. Shredders have lower range but are quite good at removing that pesky infantry unit from the table, say Hellblasters or Long Fangs.

So there's a few things that immediately jump out at me. These are changes that won't compromise the premise of the list but may give you that extra little bit of oomph on the table. Either Black Heart or Flayed Skull are good for your air wing.

Now for the extra points! My first inclination would be for a Venom or two for your Succs. A Blast Pistol for your 3rd squad of Wyches. After that, more Reavers, Clawed Fiends (my personal favorite) or even some Mandrakes.

@Clothar thanks for the response and feedback. Wych cults are part of the reason that I got back into 40k, and I've been eager to find any way to make them useful without relying too heavily on kabals or covens. This list was initially designed for fun, but if all goes well, I might tweak it further.

Most of this list was designed based on what I have built already, which somewhat limits my options for switching wargear/weapon options - especially since I don't tend to magnetize any of my weapons. And I'm not normally the type of person who will buy several boxes of a unit just to get enough of a certain weapon.

In regards to your feedback:

- I've changed the Succubi's combat drug to Adrenalight, but left the Reavers and Wyches the same for now - at least until i can properly play test it. Also, I reduced the Reaver squad to 6, which won't affect the number of options it can have while still giving me a few more points to spare.
- I've removed the Splinter Racks and Grisly Trophies from the Raiders, but only have one built with a Disintegrator Cannon, so have left the Dark Lances on the other two.
- I've swapped out the Splinter Cannons for Shredders in the 10-man Scourge squad - this should hopefully make them more effective. Also, Splinter Cannons are Rapid Fire, not Heavy, so I don't understand where you're getting the -1 to hit from.
- All of this has given me enough points to add a Venom to my list, but as all of my Venoms are built with two Splinter Cannons, I've had to sacrifice the Blast Pistol from the Solarite of the 5-man Scourge unit.

So, here's the updated list, based on the changes I've made. I won't get a chance to test it for a week or two, but when I do, I'll share how I got on.

Battalion, Outrider and Air Wing Detachments (+7 CP) - 2000 points - 102 Power
- Prizes from the Dark City: -1 CP

Battalion - Wych Cult - Red Grief

No Force Org

- Beast Unit - 6 Khymerae - 60pts

HQ
- Succubus with Blood Glaive and Blast Pistol (Warlord: Hyper-Swift Reflexes) - 60pts
- Succubus with Archite Glaive and Parasite's Kiss - 50pts

Troops
- 10 Wyches (2 Razorflails, 1 Shardnet + Impaler, Hekatrix has Agoniser and Splinter Pistol) - 97pts
- 10 Wyches (2 Hydra Gauntlets, 1 Shardnet + Impaler, Hekatrix has Power Sword and Blast Pistol) - 107pts
- 10 Wyches (2 Hydra Gauntlets, 1 Shardnet + Impaler, Hekatrix has Agoniser and Blast Pistol) - 107pts
  - All 3 Wyches squads have the Painbringer Combat Drug (+1 Toughness)

Elites
- Beastmaster with Agoniser - 40pts
  - Combat Drug: Splintermind (+2 Leadership)

Dedicated Transport
- Raider with Disintegrator Cannon - 80pts
- Raider with Dark Lance - 85pts
- Raider with Dark Lance - 85pts

Outrider - Wych Cult - Red Grief

HQ

- Succubus with Shardnet + Impaler - 55pts

Fast Attack
- 15 Hellions (Helliarch has Stunclaw, Splinter Pistol and Phantasm Grenade Launcher) - 220pts
  - Combat Drug: Serpentin (+1 Weapon Skill)
- 6 Reavers (2 Blasters, 2 Grav-Talons, Arena Champion has Power Sword) - 158pts
  - Combat Drug: Hypex (+2 Move)
- 10 Scourges (4 with Shredders, Solarite has Venom Blade and Shardcarbine) - 154pts
- 5 Scourges (2 Heat Lances, 2 Haywire Blasters, Solarite has Venom Blade and Splinter Pistol) - 102pts

Dedicated Transport
- Venom with two Splinter Cannons - 75pts

Air Wing - Kabal - Flayed Skull

Flyer
- Razorwing Jetfighter with Disintegrator Cannons and Splinter Cannon - 145pts
- Razorwing Jetfighter with Dark Lances and Splinter Cannon - 155pts
- Voidraven Bomber with Void Lances and Missiles - 165pts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers   2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers
Page 1 of 1