THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. II

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. II Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. II   2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. II I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2018, 18:30

So, a while ago, I posted a list that focused primarily around Wych Cult units. While I never got around to testing that list, I've recently had a rethink of how the list could work. The main change from the previous list has been dropping the two units of Scourges in favour of a Reaper and a second squad of Reavers, but in essence, the list remains the same:

Battalion, Outrider and Air Wing Detachments (+7 CP) - 2000pts - 102 Power
- Prizes from the Dark City: -1 CP

Battalion - Wych Cult - Red Grief

HQ[/b]
- Succubus with Blood Glaive and Blast Pistol (Warlord: Hyper-Swift Reflexes) - 60pts
- Combat Drug: Painbringer (+1 Toughness)
- Succubus with Archite Glaive and Parasite's Kiss - 50pts
 - Combat Drug: Painbringer (+1 Toughness)

Troops
- 10 Wyches (2 Razorflails; Shardnet and Impaler; Hekatrix has Agoniser and Splinter Pistol) - 97pts
- 10 Wyches (2 Hydra Gauntlets; Shardnet and Impaler; Hekatrix has Agoniser and Blast Pistol) - 107pts
- 10 Wyches (2 Hydra Gauntlets; Shardnet and Impaler; Hekatrix has Power Sword and Blast Pistol) - 107pts
 - All 3 squads have the Adrenalight Combat Drug (+1 Attack)

Dedicated Transport
- Raider with Disintegrator Cannon - 80pts
- Raider with Dark Lance - 85pts
- Raider with Dark Lance - 85pts

Outrider Detachment - Wych Cult - Red Grief

No Force Org

- Beast Unit - 6 Khymerae - 60pts
- Beast Unit - 3 Razorwing Flocks - 36pts

HQ
- Succubus with Shardnet and Impaler - 55pts
- Combat Drug: Grave Lotus (+1 Strength)

Fast Attack
- 15 Hellions (Helliarch has Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Stunclaw and Splinter Pistol) - 217pts
 - Combat Drug: Serpentin (+1 Weapon Skill)
- 6 Reavers (2 Heat Lances; 2 Grav-Talons; Arena Champion has Agoniser) - 148pts
- 6 Reavers (2 Blasters; 2 Grav-Talons; Arena Champion has Power Sword) - 158pts
 - Both Reaver squads have the Hypex Combat Drug (+2 Move)

Elites
- Beastmaster with Agoniser - 40pts
 - Combat Drug: Splintermind (+2 Leadership)

Heavy Support
- Reaper - 150pts

Air Wing Detachment - Kabal - Flayed Skull

Flyer

- Razorwing Jetfighter with Disintegrator Cannons and Splinter Cannon - 145pts
- Razorwing Jetfighter with Dark Lances and Splinter Cannon - 155pts
- Voidraven Bomber with Void Lances and Missiles - 165pts

I will probably be able to try out this list at some point in January/February, when I get the last bits I need to complete it. Until then, any suggestions, comments or tactical tidbits are always welcome.
Back to top Go down
Icarus425
Slave
Icarus425

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. II   2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. II I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29 2018, 17:26

The list looks decent. I've struggled to make reavers work though. I have had better luck using scourges with haywire blasters to help take out armor. The same cost of both reaver squads would give you the points for 3 scourge squads with haywire blasters.
Another thing is the way combat drugs work. If your straight picking your drugs you have to pick all six before you can pick another one again. So all 3 wych squads cannot have the +1 attack drug. From the way you have the drugs listed out they will need to take +1 weapon skill or +2 leadership. Or if you remove the reavers they can take +2 move. +2 move with leaving a transport gives them a 13 inch move turn one. Add in an advance move because you have them as red grief and you could go up to 19 inches out of the transport setting that squad up for a turn 1 assault. Its pretty sweet.
I hope that gives you some ideas.
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. II   2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. II I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29 2018, 21:50

@Icarus425 thanks for the response.

I know Reavers can be difficult to make work, but I'm trying, where possible, to keep it as a pure Wych-cult list, and keep mercenary units out of it - I tend to use rely on them too much in other lists. I get that, yes, 3 squads of 5 Scourges may be more effective than 2 squads of 6 Reavers, but this is mostly based on what I have built up already - and I'm not the type of person who will buy box after box of Scourges just to get enough Haywire Blasters for 3 units.

In regards to combat drugs... I don't understand what you mean. The way I interpret the wording for Combat Drugs is that, once you've picked each drug at least once (which I have done) you can choose whichever drug you want for the rest of the units - there's nothing saying that 3 or more units can't have the same drug, as long as each drug is picked once. Plus, it's easier for me to remember in battle - knowing that all 3 Wych squads have Adrenalight is easier than trying to remember which squad has which drug.

From what I can guess you're alluding to with the Combat Drug rule, you're thinking it applies per detachment - it doesn't. It applies across the whole army - so as I long as I have 6 units, one with each drug, the rest can be chosen at will: I don't have to go through the whole 'pick all 6 once each' route a second time round. There is a thread where the community has discussed this here: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t17783-combat-drugs
Back to top Go down
Into the darkness
Hellion
Into the darkness

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. II   2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. II I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05 2019, 01:39

I might consider flayed skull if there's a lot of cover for the razorwings, but think about cult of strife if it's an open table. 2nd shooting attack w/a razorwing could be AWESOME! I think thius list makes target priority pretty easy. Concentrate heavy fire on the planes, light fire on the punks, and deal with the rest as it comes. A smart player is already bringing the guns for thos and you lack AT. I love the wyches but personally I like to do 5 man squads w/blasters and special weapons. Goes great with Harlequins. Throw on a coiple caresses, a troupe master and shadowseer, and a couple fusion pistols...and don't forget troupes also bring haywires. That horde problem DE have vanish when you drop 35 D6 St 4 AP -1 on an ork blob...and if that doesn't work....suit of hidden knives (laughing with out clown kin.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. II   2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. II I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt Wych Cult and Fliers - Mk. II
Page 1 of 1