THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cult of the Fallen Ones

Go down 
+10
Squidmaster
red_head
Marrath
Karr4x
Lord Asvaldir
BigFatBlob
Rhivan
mynamelegend
Siticus the Ancient
Silverglade
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steamius
Hellion
steamius

Cult of the Fallen Ones Empty
PostSubject: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21 2018, 15:20

Hello! For a very long time I was playing space marines. Then I reunited with my lost love, chaos! And to this day, I play red Corsairs with a strong passion.
But there is one thing that dwells inside me. It screams and wants to get out when I face Eldar armies. And with the release of Ynnari, whatever was inside me broke out! I immediately rushed to my local store, and got some models, for a conversion that I had in mind. And after two years of thinking about the color scheme, here is the first test model!
P.S. The base will have dark water, and hands with faces sticking out of it. It should symbolize traped souls trying to escape their prison.

Cult of the Fallen Ones NhSKIvY
Cult of the Fallen Ones HvyoPlQ
Cult of the Fallen Ones Ajdl7e1
Cult of the Fallen Ones JuxETke
Cult of the Fallen Ones 152PIEo
Cult of the Fallen Ones BY5DFqV
Cult of the Fallen Ones 9B0335K
Cult of the Fallen Ones 6UbRlYU

If you want to see other conversion that I did for my Ynnari force, let me know, and I will post the pictures here!
Back to top Go down
steamius
Hellion
steamius

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24 2018, 09:24

Okey. So since this topic went so well xD Here are all my conversions for the army!

Harlequins
Cult of the Fallen Ones CuQ1hWg
Cult of the Fallen Ones RjiNB3s
Cult of the Fallen Ones V96r5wN
Cult of the Fallen Ones 4qVhCtY
Cult of the Fallen Ones HW4LOfM
Cult of the Fallen Ones 66VXKok

Archon
Cult of the Fallen Ones UDMu4Ww
Cult of the Fallen Ones TCMmS93

Incubi
Cult of the Fallen Ones BBkacb0
Cult of the Fallen Ones WKgYAtD
Cult of the Fallen Ones Ptsnsxi
Cult of the Fallen Ones VeWOZEw
Cult of the Fallen Ones AB1NgtS
Cult of the Fallen Ones AUBs91U
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24 2018, 14:44

I don't seem to see any pictures?
Back to top Go down
steamius
Hellion
steamius

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24 2018, 17:19

Silverglade wrote:
I don't seem to see any pictures?
I have a problem with this forum, where I dont see any pictures. Unless, I give time for them to load. Maybe its the same for you.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24 2018, 17:51

Your conversions have a really wild and unhinged quality to them. It's like each model desires to explode in the middle of a group of enemies. Truly spectacular modeling, the Mandrakes in particular are expertly done!

steamius
Hellion
steamius

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24 2018, 18:01

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
Your conversions have a really wild and unhinged quality to them. It's like each model desires to explode in the middle of a group of enemies. Truly spectacular modeling, the Mandrakes in particular are expertly done!

Thank you! But those are Incubi, not mandrakes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25 2018, 06:51

Ah, I see - the long hair really did throw me off! It will be much clearer once they're painted Smile

mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26 2018, 20:20

Those look sick!

I don't recognize the extremely long-haired heads, though. Where did you take that from?
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2019, 17:12

I remember seeing images of these while I was hunting for conversions but I never saw more than the group photo. Nice to see em on TDC Very Happy I really love how savage your Ynnari look they really have an identity all their own.

mynamelegend wrote:
Those look sick!

I don't recognize the extremely long-haired heads, though. Where did you take that from?
100% Doomfire Warlocks

steamius
Hellion
steamius

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07 2019, 08:09

mynamelegend wrote:
Those look sick!

Thank you! If you are talking about the bikers, its the Doomfire Warlocks. If you are talking about Incubi, they are wood elves parts.

Rhivan wrote:
I remember seeing images of these while I was hunting for conversions but I never saw more than the group photo. Nice to see em on TDC Very Happy I really love how savage your Ynnari look they really have an identity all their own.
Thanks! Well, I made a several videos about them on my channel Wink
Back to top Go down
steamius
Hellion
steamius

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16 2019, 19:46

Finally started working on my first unit, here is a WIP picture
Cult of the Fallen Ones R12MiuR
Back to top Go down
steamius
Hellion
steamius

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2019, 17:42

Finally! The long awaited Ynnari Skyweaver unit is painted! What a project this was....
When I started painting my first test model, I had a small vision on how I want it to look. Not everything came out as planed, but some on the spot decisions, turned in to a fantastic result. Now, since I had a clear plan in mind, I shouldent have any problems painting my first unit, right?
Well... Lets say I forgot every single paint I used for my test miniature. First of all I highlighted the skin to much. The test miniature had a darker tone to it, and I still am mad I couldent achieve the same result here. Then the gold... I used the wrong one here But quickly released that and repainted all gold parts.
The the hair.... Dont even remind me Or, actually do remind me, because I still have 0 clue how I did it on the test model. Did I glaze it without applying a wash? Or I washed it first and then started glazing? Or did I highlight on top of glazing?
The bikes them selves were a nightmare.... The was a point when I was so close on trowing one of them in to the wall.... But a small mistake saved them! You see, I dont like smooth models. I dont like to paint any Eldar transport or bike because of that. So I struggled with shading them, and then building back up the high light. It was to red for my liking, also considering I dont remember what colors I mixed to achieve the red on my test model. But then I noticed one small thing, I stroke of black paint on the side of the bike. And I really liked how it looked, it gave them worn out, burned, effect. So I started thinning down my black, and applying 7 layers of it on parts I believed should be burned. And that just came out really well!
All in all, I think this unit came out amazingly good
Oh, did I mention that the bases are different to? Well, I had this color in mind from day one, the problem was that I dident achieve it on the test mini. So some times mistakes are for the better lol!

Cult of the Fallen Ones 1m6Nizm
Cult of the Fallen Ones XacPY5F
Cult of the Fallen Ones NqFg5o6
Cult of the Fallen Ones JLs9o0Q
Cult of the Fallen Ones S7lmtdq
Cult of the Fallen Ones 6LA9C8P
Cult of the Fallen Ones FLrwxd0

harlokin likes this post

Back to top Go down
BigFatBlob
Slave
BigFatBlob

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30 2019, 19:53

Wow, amazing work here, well done.

Just a quick question, how did you achieve that black water affect with the hands coming out on your bases, I've never seen anything like it and am so inspired!
Back to top Go down
steamius
Hellion
steamius

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13 2020, 16:01

BigFatBlob wrote:
Wow, amazing work here, well done.

Just a quick question, how did you achieve that black water affect with the hands coming out on your bases, I've never seen anything like it and am so inspired!

Hi, glad you like it! I have a full video tutorial on how to do it.

And I have finally finished my Visarch/Archon/Troupe Master. Really loved painting this guy! Such an awesome sculpt by gw.

Cult of the Fallen Ones Vcz7JDI
Cult of the Fallen Ones QswEzkb
Cult of the Fallen Ones G31NIrO
Cult of the Fallen Ones DTX7G0c
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14 2020, 03:12

Damn dude this is a super cool project! Especially like the skyweaver conversions. Looking forward to seeing more units you convert!

Hellion
steamius

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18 2020, 19:29

Lord Asvaldir wrote:
Damn dude this is a super cool project! Especially like the skyweaver conversions. Looking forward to seeing more units you convert!

Thank you!

Well, here I have my Troupes fully done, and my Starweavers.

Cult of the Fallen Ones ET8efxa
Cult of the Fallen Ones HpWm3HC
Cult of the Fallen Ones TBS8eAj
Cult of the Fallen Ones KQPAn7T
Cult of the Fallen Ones ZwgQLZs

Cult of the Fallen Ones SBbsHIr
Cult of the Fallen Ones 5TrDrnM
Back to top Go down
Karr4x
Hellion
Karr4x

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18 2020, 23:55

Simply breathtaking !
Back to top Go down
steamius
Hellion
steamius

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19 2020, 17:15

I was waiting a long time to paint this model, but at the same time, I was scared to start working on it. I decided to glue it together, and not paint some parts separately. But my worries were for nothing. It was a blast to paint this model, and I am very happy with the end result.

I decided to blend the skin tones in to black, to make it seem like she is shape-shifting. I also left the soul gems on her body black, so resemble the fact that she absorbed them, and that they are inside her. Also, the energy that surrounds her, is actually blood and black water from the base. Thats the idea I went with.

Cult of the Fallen Ones 8muohrv
Cult of the Fallen Ones WoGSZcX
Cult of the Fallen Ones Mjb2gBi
Cult of the Fallen Ones OO1xC24
Cult of the Fallen Ones KqyhP7c
Cult of the Fallen Ones JtmaGhp
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19 2020, 17:54

Oh my, those grasping hands on the bases are AMAZING. I may need to steal that idea for my next Talos Razz

Really impressed by the project logs on here, I need to up my game!
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2020, 17:46

Death Stranding much? lol!
Looking awesome cheers

steamius
Hellion
steamius

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2020, 16:24

Marrath wrote:
Death Stranding much?  lol!
Looking awesome cheers

The thing is, Deathstranding came out after I did these bases What a Face What a Face

Quote :
Oh my, those grasping hands on the bases are AMAZING. I may need to steal that idea for my next Talos Razz

Really impressed by the project logs on here, I need to up my game!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
steamius
Hellion
steamius

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05 2021, 18:43

Two more units ready ) And with that, the Harlequin part is finished, of to the Dark eldar part now!

Death Jesters
Cult of the Fallen Ones SZE0lh7
Cult of the Fallen Ones CicR4lE
Cult of the Fallen Ones TNgyuWN

Lelith Hesperax aka Solitare (Dont ban me for this)
Cult of the Fallen Ones OAga87d
Cult of the Fallen Ones 1ROzivx
Cult of the Fallen Ones SNUamnV
Cult of the Fallen Ones KqjMtS1
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06 2021, 17:30

Oh, the action shots are delightful. Such a cool looking group!

steamius likes this post

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07 2021, 10:54

Some beautiful work!

steamius likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
steamius
Hellion
steamius

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07 2021, 13:51

Squidmaster wrote:
Some beautiful work!

Thank you Very Happy

red_head wrote:
Oh, the action shots are delightful. Such a cool looking group!

Thank you as well ) Here are more action shots that show of the units even more )

Cult of the Fallen Ones ODCqccK
Cult of the Fallen Ones FIsK2rf
Cult of the Fallen Ones A6qXZet
Cult of the Fallen Ones Cwe3zKV
Cult of the Fallen Ones Mn3uqkc

red_head likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Fallen Ones   Cult of the Fallen Ones I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cult of the Fallen Ones
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next