THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Wraithkind

Go down 
+15
Calyptra
Squidmaster
Falke
Count Adhemar
Korona
CurstAlchemist
spellcheck2001
Kantalla
Scrz
Marrath
Cavalier
quark!
Sky Serpent
Woozl
Lord_Alino
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

Kabal of the Wraithkind Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19 2015, 03:51

I've started 40k with DE and they are still my favorite faction. Though, the painting quality is not so good (i.e., BAD) as it's my first work done a long time ago. Although I'm still not a very good painter, I decided to totally repaint my whole army based on the color scheme of Kabal of the Wraithkind.

Fluffwise, this work would rationalize the alliance of all my Eldar factions: Wraithkind, Iyanden, and Harlequins (The last two are already following their fluffy color schemes) I have lots of models, thus this project requires long time to be done. Hope this project log keeps me working with it Wink

Last edited by lelith on Wed Dec 16 2015, 23:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19 2015, 03:57

First of all, I tried to make a basic color scheme with my reaver. This Kabal is like half-ghost group, thus I wanted to make a ghost atmosphere. Not the best, but good to start IMHO.

Kabal of the Wraithkind 03710

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19 2015, 13:45

Not bad. Looks good. Did you airbrush?
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19 2015, 21:25

Thank you. I don't have airbrush. All my paintings are done by just brushes.

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2015, 04:42

Then those are excellent. I could never achieve those kind of blendings without an airbrush. (Is a meh painter)
Back to top Go down
Woozl
Kabalite Warrior
Woozl

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2015, 17:44

Great colors!
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22 2015, 08:05

The first rider painted. I followed the tip from an old post in Dark City that suggested two times of washing. For me though, the rider looks too darker than the jetbike. I'm gonna wash only once for the second rider, and then compare them.

Kabal of the Wraithkind 00710

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25 2015, 10:34

This looks amazing, especially considering you didn't use an airbrush. I think a black varnished look on the Reaver's helm would make it really pop for you. Smile

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26 2015, 06:00

Sky Serpent wrote:
This looks amazing, especially considering you didn't use an airbrush. I think a black varnished look on the Reaver's helm would make it really pop for you. Smile

My honor Sliscus Wink But what is black varnished? I cannot understand what you meant.

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08 2015, 14:32

So far I've painted 6 reavers and 3 venoms (need to finish details). Though I still haven't decided how to paint the weapons, riders, crews, etc. If I use the same color scheme, the model may seem too plain and boring. But unless, the model may not look like wraithkind.

Kabal of the Wraithkind Dsc02910

quark!
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09 2015, 20:49

Orange is the color to integrate onto your troops to make them stand out from your vehicles (opposite end of the color wheel). I'd stick with your main scheme for most of your armor, but add some orange plating. Differentiate the plate you make orange based on squad or rank maybe. Something like this to give you an idea:

Kabal of the Wraithkind 351558_sm-Dark%20Eldar,%20Kabalite%20Warriors,%20Work%20In%20Progress

Orange would also work for the helmet lenses and poison vials/rifle vial like so (even though it's yellow i this example):

Kabal of the Wraithkind 350538_md-Cities%20Of%20Death,%20Dark%20Eldar,%20Kabalite%20Warriors,%20The%20Wraithkind,%20Warhammer%2040,000

Black varnish is on the helmet of this reaver:

Kabal of the Wraithkind 509115_sm-Dark%20Eldar,%20Reaver%20Jetbike

I'm sure whatever you pick will turn out great. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16 2015, 22:48

Too lazy to upload the photos frequently Razz but still going on.

Kabal of the Wraithkind R_dsc010

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19 2015, 12:33

You're really good at blending colors. Also, I'd consider painting around the bottom side of the base with abaddon black. (Looks fancy that way I guess. I dunno, I've just seen a lot of professionals do it so I do it with the opposite of the color on the base. Makes it stand out i guess)
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19 2015, 13:45

Beautiful stuff man. Very ethereal... but with some eye-catching details. It looks great!

Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2016, 06:22

It's been nearly an year since my last visit to the Dark City forum.

To be honest, I've been painting a new 30k Emperor's Children legion for months - how sweet and dangerous the pleasure She Who Thirsts conferred!

Anyway the gift of Cegorach, called Death Masque, made me revive this painting project including three eldar armies mentioned in the signature below. For starters, I'm planning to buy 2-3 boxes to get harlies parts next week.

Last edited by lelith on Tue Aug 23 2016, 02:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23 2016, 02:15

The first painting - 6 harlequin troupes. The composition follows that of 'Company of the threefold stranger' in Death Masque.

Kabal of the Wraithkind Dsc04211

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23 2016, 02:20

And I've also been painting the first voidweaver-starweaver (convertible).

Kabal of the Wraithkind Aa_00011

Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23 2016, 17:01

Very sweet looking!
I like the highlights.
The scheme was well chosen, a nice combination of colors.
Also respect for doing all the diamond pattern, was it hard?

Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24 2016, 07:50

I'm liking the colors. It is like the glade guard from the future. Smile

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24 2016, 09:18

Thanks, @Marrath and @Scrz!

Regarding the diamonds, I'm following the way introduced in the painting guide (Warrior's of the Laughing God): (1) drawing thin lines, (2) filling out each diamond, (3) line highlighting each diamond, and (4) drawing lines again.

I recommend using a sharp pencil for Step (1) - it's much easier than using a brush for me.

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24 2016, 09:22

I finished the 7th troupe today, and also re-painted my old solitaire with the veiled-path color scheme.

Kabal of the Wraithkind Dsc04212

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25 2016, 03:37

And here's my first voidweaver.

Kabal of the Wraithkind 14022210

lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2016, 04:53

Painted the death jester as well as the 8th troupe last night.

Kabal of the Wraithkind Dsc04213

Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2016, 08:25

These look really neat. They have the cartoonish feel that I think Harlequins should have and I like the colour choices, with the green working well.

The only thing looking a bit odd to me is the symbol near the front of the Voidweaver, which looks a bit rougher than the rest of the very tidy painting.

Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2016, 12:42

@Kantalla, thanks for the comment & advice. Yeah I'm also considering retouching the symbol...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Wraithkind   Kabal of the Wraithkind I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Wraithkind
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next