THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units? Empty
PostSubject: Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units?   Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units? I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2019, 01:02

Which Eldar units do you think work best as Ynnari?

(This is assuming that Ynnari is a given, I'm well aware that using them at all is probably sub-optimal compared with regular Eldar.)

Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units?   Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units? I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2019, 01:20

I'm debating on swords or axe/shield wraithblades. They seem like a decent replacement for Grotesques (if going pure Ynnari and they aren't an option)
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units?   Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units? I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2019, 15:12

I think birds (razorwing flocks) have play again, not necessarily offensively but as a screen it can be a serious pain to break through. 4 wounds, 5++ (psy power) and 6+++ from the Yncarne.

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units?   Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units? I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2019, 15:21

ligolski wrote:
I think birds (razorwing flocks) have play again, not necessarily offensively but as a screen it can be a serious pain to break through. 4 wounds, 5++ (psy power) and 6+++ from the Yncarne.

True. But I was actually looking for good Craftworld Eldar units to use as Ynnari.

Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units?   Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units? I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2019, 15:38

From what I have tested out....

Wraithseer
Wraithblades with swords (axes, while better, still suck imo)
Wraithlords w/swords and catapults
Skyrunner Autuarch (mainly due to relics and wl traits)
Hemlock (for better psychic powers)

My sword and board wraithknight got dropped before he got to do anything, but I'd think he benefits too... I did realize then that the strat to shoot and get +1 to hit could benefit a wounded wraith construct

Not tried but think would benefit:
Shinning spears
Scorpions
Banshees

Also, I do enjoy the little extra to hit on the vehicles. It does not do a lot, but that extra wound or two that sneaks through adds up when charging with vehicles 1st.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units?   Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units? I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2019, 15:43

Faitherun wrote:
From what I have tested out....

Wraithseer
Wraithblades with swords (axes, while better, still suck imo)
Wraithlords w/swords and catapults
Skyrunner Autuarch (mainly due to relics and wl traits)
Hemlock (for better psychic powers)

My sword and board wraithknight got dropped before he got to do anything, but I'd think he benefits too... I did realize then that the strat to shoot and get +1 to hit could benefit a wounded wraith construct

Not tried but think would benefit:
Shinning spears
Scorpions
Banshees

Also, I do enjoy the little extra to hit on the vehicles. It does not do a lot, but that extra wound or two that sneaks through adds up when charging with vehicles 1st.

This is pretty much what I was thinking, shame about the WK. I was thinking a wraith heavy Ynnari detachment with a Bonesinger or two and a warlock skyrunner with word of the Phoenix to heal and revive wraiths would be cool.
Banshees seem like they're necessary rather than good (they're still s3 with powerswords but now without +1 to wound spell) and striking scorpions are one of the few aspects that look like they really shine with their Phoenix lord present, so they'd be good with a craftworld detachment in support (since Karandras buffs Striking Scorpion keyword not <Craftworld>)
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units?   Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units? I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2019, 17:07

Gizamaluke wrote:

This is pretty much what I was thinking, shame about the WK. I was thinking a wraith heavy Ynnari detachment with a Bonesinger or two and a warlock skyrunner with word of the Phoenix to heal and revive wraiths would be cool.
Banshees seem like they're necessary rather than good (they're still s3 with powerswords but now without +1 to wound spell) and striking scorpions are one of the few aspects that look like they really shine with their Phoenix lord present, so they'd be good with a craftworld detachment in support (since Karandras buffs Striking Scorpion keyword not <Craftworld>)

Wraith Heavy was pretty fun for me thus far. Definitely bumped them up in threat level.

As far as Karandras....  the first paragraph neuters that idea...

Quote :
If your army is battle forged you can include [any of the Triumvirate] provided that the detachment does not include any of the following units: any [Eldar] named character...
- page 38

That was my first thought too, but I guess that would have been too powerful.....???
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units?   Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units? I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2019, 17:20

Karandras in a CWE detachment not Ynnari, alongside the Ynnari one.
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units?   Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units? I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2019, 17:34

Gizamaluke wrote:

Now that is interesting....

Kandras + Soulburst + shadow strike + A taste for death strat = exploding attacks on a 3+, with the scorpion exarch double exploding
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units?   Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units? I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2019, 20:25

Aye it was one of the few synergies I could find. Not sure how powerful it would be!
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units?   Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units? I_icon_minitimeThu May 23 2019, 00:04

Faitherun wrote:
Gizamaluke wrote:

Now that is interesting....

Kandras + Soulburst + shadow strike + A taste for death strat = exploding attacks on a 3+, with the scorpion exarch double exploding

That sounds like quite a fun idea, actually.

Kandras and 3 min units of Striking Scorpions (with Claws on the Exarchs) is ~320pts, which doesn't seem like an awful investment.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units?   Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craftworld Ynnari - Best Units?
Page 1 of 1