THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Question about the writ/archon/ravagers combo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

Question about the writ/archon/ravagers combo Empty
PostSubject: Question about the writ/archon/ravagers combo   Question about the writ/archon/ravagers combo I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2019, 13:01

So yeah, I'm taking my pure kabal army to fight some Primaris next week and I decided to try out the popular Black Heart spearhead combo of Archon + Writ of the Living Muse + 3 disintegrator Ravagers for the first time. I was wondering if anyone who has made successful use of it in the past could possibly give me some pointers on how you did it? Is it really as simple as "put 3 gunboats around your boss model and enjoy the rerolls"?

I know that, tactically, it's a bit of a divisive topic for Drukhari players as some appreciate the significant boost to one of our most killy unit's firepower and others think it's silly to hamstring an army that's supposed to be fast and slippery by having 3 of your boats only able to travel 8" a turn because they have to stay within the footslogging Archon's buffing range. I admit to feeling somewhat worried that the detachment will end up as an easy target for infiltrators and deep strike shenanigans but I assume there's a way to handle that or I imagine this tactic wouldn't keep showing up in army lists to this day.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice you could give me. My local hobby place is like 90% Imperium players and I'd love the opportunity to show them some of that Commarragh street justice.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Question about the writ/archon/ravagers combo   Question about the writ/archon/ravagers combo I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2019, 15:06

Its not a divise topic at all, almost all DE players has done it and does it still and knows it is strong.

It still is fast, still can move 10"-14" without any troubles b.c the archon is still 8"+D6 (re-roll) movements, thats fast enough. You also dont need to worry about keeping all 3 in the aura range every turn.

I personally always take battalion the kabals will be bubble wrap from DSing, their damage isnt good enough for me to warrent them shooting if there is DSing threats, keeping my stronger units alive to shoot later is worth sacrificing 60-90pts of dudes for 375pts of vehicles.

Vs Imperial that plays anytype of marines, triple D Ravagers is the death of them, we have 2 imperial players and i wont play it against then b.c its not even fair.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Question about the writ/archon/ravagers combo   Question about the writ/archon/ravagers combo I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2019, 16:07

amishprn86 wrote:
Its not a divise topic at all, almost all DE players has done it and does it still and knows it is strong.

It still is fast, still can move 10"-14" without any troubles b.c the archon is still 8"+D6 (re-roll) movements, thats fast enough. You also dont need to worry about keeping all 3 in the aura range every turn.

I personally always take battalion the kabals will be bubble wrap from DSing, their damage isnt good enough for me to warrent them shooting if there is DSing threats, keeping my stronger units alive to shoot later is worth sacrificing 60-90pts of dudes for 375pts of vehicles.

Vs Imperial that plays anytype of marines, triple D Ravagers is the death of them, we have 2 imperial players and i wont play it against then b.c its not even fair.

Yeah this pretty much, they're the definition of Plug and Play and are strong even if you dont go Blackheart. Like Amish says they're the bane of marines, I've started weaning them out of my lists and taking Razorwings and Voidravens instead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about the writ/archon/ravagers combo   Question about the writ/archon/ravagers combo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about the writ/archon/ravagers combo
Page 1 of 1