THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Iron Hands oh my god...

Go down 
+25
Cerve
Archon_91
Calindor
Red Corsair
Septimus
yellabelly
Gorgon
Elfric
amishprn86
krayd
Myrvn
AzraeI
Sarcron
Azdrubael
False Son
dumpeal
Skulnbonz
Gizamaluke
TheBaconPope
Lord Asvaldir
sweetbacon
Soulless Samurai
Genomir
Burnage
DevilDoll
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06 2019, 00:58

I thought you meant "did i miss something OTHER than re-rolls"

What what re-rolls are you talking about? All SM can re-roll hits/wounds of 1's and have a nother way to gain its either all re-rolls of hits, or wounds, i cant remember what one, UM tho can with Gman all re-rolls hits and wounds

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06 2019, 01:18

IH just have no need of a captain to get those rerolls to hit
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06 2019, 01:53

The auto captain is kinda neat, but I suspect most folks will still have a Chapter Master running around the good stuff.

That said, I've been digging Invictor Warsuits. They're pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06 2019, 02:56

Just played the first game of a store-run tournament, and oh boy. More a comment on the new space marines in general, but the invictor tactical warsuit hurt a lot.
I was doing farely well, my opponent didn't have much stuff left and I was a little ahead in victory points. Then the two suits which were close to my stuff blew up.

One naturally, the other forced with the strat after a fail. Ow.

2d6 mortal wounds to my cronos, two talos, haemonculus, wracks, and a couple kabs hurt a lot.

The game ended in a draw.
Jesus.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06 2019, 04:24

AzraeI wrote:
IH just have no need of a captain to get those rerolls to hit

Rites of Battle effects all 1s to hit. Calculated Fury only applies to heavy weapons. I'd argue there is still a place for a Captain in IH because they will never be tempted to switch Doctrines. Hitting a few extra Bolt shots might make up for the loss of Tactical Doctrine. A Lieutenant is a more widely applicable choice, though.

I am seeing more Librarians and Techmarines.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06 2019, 09:07

They don't need of a Captain, but they but a Chapter Master for rerolling overwatch hitting at 4+
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06 2019, 09:15

Chapter Master, Lieutenant, Librarian, Iron Father. It's probably pretty easy to fit all four into the kinds of lists that Iron Hands are going to want to be running.

Edit: Just to clarify the purpose of these, Chapter Masters allow re-rolls of all hit rolls, Lieutenants allow re-rolls of rolls of 1 to wound, Librarians provide healing and a +1 to hit, the Iron Father provides more healing, another +1 to hit and a 5++ aura. It's a hell of a firebase.
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08 2019, 03:41

Myrvn wrote:
The auto captain is kinda neat, but I suspect most folks will still have a Chapter Master running around the good stuff.

A guy in my area is running around with a Captain in Terminator armor, using Traitor's Bane and a chainfist as a teleporting tank killer.

Quote :
That said, I've been digging Invictor Warsuits. They're pretty solid.

More than solid. Downright savage. These things can kick our butts if IH go first. Auto hitting shots, tons of Heavy shots, most going through our armor entirely. Then there's the dmg3 Invictor Fist attacks. One of these can easily knock out 2 Venoms in the first turn.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08 2019, 06:20

I've actually found the warsuits fairly easy to deal with. The lack of an invul has them beaten by darklight spam. And even when they do, it'll only save one shot on average.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09 2019, 11:45

Sarcron wrote:
I've actually found the warsuits fairly easy to deal with. The lack of an invul has them beaten by darklight spam. And even when they do, it'll only save one shot on average.

Taking them out isn't a problem. The trick is surviving a unit that has the combination of a) being able to start the game 9 inches away from the enemy and then move before firing, and b) a total of D6 S4 shots, 3 S5 -1AP shots, 2D6 automatically hitting S5 -1 AP shots, and 3 S4 -1AP shots.

That shreds the frak out of fragile Eldar units. It's going to be even worse if Imperial Fists turn out to have their rumoured +1 damage to all heavy weapons.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09 2019, 11:53

Something I'm curious about - how are SMs looking when it comes to variety?

As in, are we likely to be up against a particular set of units in most SM lists or do there seem to be quite a few different potential builds?

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09 2019, 12:15

Looking through this week's top 4 tournament placements... it seems like there are a few different builds with some overlap. Iron Hands made the strongest showing, but White Scars and Ultramarine successors also had a couple of appearances.

Spoiler:

Troops are mostly Intercessors and Scouts, sometimes way more than is necessary to fulfill detachment requirements. Invictors, Eliminators, Repulsors and Leviathans seem to be the most common non-troop units that they'll throw at you. Nothing too surprising there - they're just all very strong units with very strong innate abilities.
Back to top Go down
Elfric
Kabalite Warrior
Elfric

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09 2019, 12:23

Can someone tell me how the relic that reduces damage to half and the strat that reduces damage by 1 (or is it the other way round) works? Does the relic and strat affect multiple units or just the one?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09 2019, 12:46

Elfric wrote:
Can someone tell me how the relic that reduces damage to half and the strat that reduces damage by 1 (or is it the other way round) works? Does the relic and strat affect multiple units or just the one?

The Ironstone relic reduces damage to all vehicles within 3" of the bearer by 1. The Duty Eternal stratagem affects a single Dreadnought so that it halves all damage it takes for a phase.

So you get one Dreadnought that's virtually impossible to kill, and a lot of vehicles that are only very hard to kill.
Back to top Go down
Elfric
Kabalite Warrior
Elfric

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10 2019, 12:55

Ahh gotcha so you could bait out a stratagem.and switch targets, Dark Light isn't completely useless then. I can accept a -1 on D6 damage but not halve then minus 1!
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10 2019, 14:35

Yeah at least if you're dealing with executioners they can't use the half damage strat.

Kabalite Warrior
Red Corsair

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17 2019, 14:29

Sarcron wrote:
Just played the first game of a store-run tournament, and oh boy. More a comment on the new space marines in general, but the invictor tactical warsuit hurt a lot.
I was doing farely well, my opponent didn't have much stuff left and I was a little ahead in victory points. Then the two suits which were close to my stuff blew up.

One naturally, the other forced with the strat after a fail. Ow.

2d6 mortal wounds to my cronos, two talos, haemonculus, wracks, and a couple kabs hurt a lot.

The game ended in a draw.
Jesus.

Sorry mate but he cheated you. The strat is called vengeance of the machine spirit and you can only use it on land raiders, redemptors and storm ravens.

Always ask to look at someones strats if they are new to you. I catch people at literally every event.

Burnage wrote:
Sarcron wrote:

Taking them out isn't a problem. The trick is surviving a unit that has the combination of a) being able to start the game 9 inches away from the enemy and then move before firing, and b) a total of D6 S4 shots, 3 S5 -1AP shots, 2D6 automatically hitting S5 -1 AP shots, and 3 S4 -1AP shots.

That shreds the frak out of fragile Eldar units. It's going to be even worse if Imperial Fists turn out to have their rumoured +1 damage to all heavy weapons.

The +1 damage is solid but it only effects vehicles. I also don't think it's very good on the flamer. The best invictor load out IMO is the autocanon. Same average shots, better strength and damage. Sure it doesn't auto hit, but it synergizes with the other heavy weapons and range band much better. That flamer always needs to hit the closest thing which often feths it out of charge range. They die very quickly btw, they have to be delt with, but luckily it's really not that hard.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17 2019, 15:04

If take a 2 damage flamer in a heartbeat. -2 AP with a bunch of auto hitting shots? Sure, you wound on 5s, but the autohit is quite a deal.

Also, if you're in range to shoot the flamer you are probably in range to charge as well.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17 2019, 17:31

Iron Hands FAQ is out:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/warhammer_40000_iron_hands_en-1.pdf
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17 2019, 17:39

krayd wrote:
Iron Hands FAQ is out:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/warhammer_40000_iron_hands_en-1.pdf

wow ... just wow that was the fastest nerf hammer smash in history
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17 2019, 17:42

Well, guess we'd better get used to the Marine meta for the next six months.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17 2019, 17:57

Ok. Even I thought it was going to be more than that and I feel like an Iron Hands apologist...at least the Dreadnought spam got nerfed?
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17 2019, 18:02

are you guys joking? they uodated the faq didnt you see? the nerfed almost eveything, the feiros invoun aura the ironstone their stratagems EVERYTHING lol
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17 2019, 18:17

Dang. Ok. That's fair.

Somehow they released an earlier version that didn't include the big changes.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17 2019, 20:19

And Iron hands are now balanced, but I am just delighting in all the tears of the people who went out and bought a ton of new models thinking the Iron Hands were the end-all be-all.
Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 Tenor
So so delicious.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Hands oh my god...   Iron Hands oh my god... - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Hands oh my god...
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next