THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
armbarbosa
Slave
armbarbosa

Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins   Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09 2019, 16:32

Fairly new eldar player, having come back to the hobby after having my soul crushed by 7th Ed deathstars and parking lots. I decided to try and paint something more challenging than lolmarines so I decided on eldar soup. Looking around for newer products I found some chameleon airbrush paint for modelling and thought it might make some wicked looking harlequins and Drukhari. If anyone's jetting around the 41st millenium with the space-equivalent of a dropped beemer it's the eldar. I am really happy with the results and get tons of comments on it.

I tried all the available paints and did a bunch of mix and match but the one I liked best was the "Martian Green" green/purple colorshift paint. Did a trio of Voidweavers in that color for a test run. Unfortunately you do need an airbrush to apply these paints and they do need to be applied over a black base coat. I did use a second coat of primer over the metallic for the diamonds, light gray to get a brighter color. Models were then given a double spray of gloss varnish.

Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins 20191009-111049

My starweavers I did in 3 different color schemes, so easy to tell which unit was where. This was my first one done, so the stencilling and paint job were a little rough.

Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins 20191009-111055

I thought darkening this up with some green ink would make a nice sinister looking Talos armor, and it turned out better than I thought. Very bug-like color shift effect. The ink really helps show up the color shift effect (and after doing a dozen or so models I got better at using the paint lol)

Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins 20191009-111136

Model is just base coated but The colorshift is really going to be the highlight of the army. and with some good lighting these paints really pop.

Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins 20191009-112514

Just ordered the Drukhari Air Wing detatchment off GW store and thinking I'm doing them in the "Martian Green" colorshift/Green candy ink wash but adding a "Glow effect" with flourescent green like I did with my transports and ravagers. What do you think?

Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins 20191009-112634

Finally some pics of my finished 'Quins. I really went nuts on these and tried to use the entire color wheel on every model LOL!

Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins 20191009-112530
Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins 20191009-112537
Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins 20191009-112552
Back to top Go down
Vesuvan
Slave
Vesuvan

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins   Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24 2019, 15:28

Very Nice I am looking into these paints right now. I love the effect to put on that talos.
Back to top Go down
Pippolele
Hellion
Pippolele

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins   Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2019, 18:24

Fantastic army! They colors really stand out: thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins   Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Experimenting with chameleon paints for Druhkari and Harlequins
Page 1 of 1