THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What books to get. Starting in 8th

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

What books to get. Starting in 8th Empty
PostSubject: What books to get. Starting in 8th   What books to get. Starting in 8th I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2020, 16:26

Not sure I put this in right forum. Sorry if I didn't. I know you need the main rule book and the codex. Do you need the psychic awakening book and/or 2019 chapter approve rules?
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: What books to get. Starting in 8th   What books to get. Starting in 8th I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2020, 17:23

Definitely Chapter Approved '19, as a lot of players will often play games from that specific book - also, it comes with the most up-to-date points costs for your models, which will help with list building.

Psychic Awakening is more of an optional extra - you don't really need it if you're starting out (in fact, I'd argue Drukhari are better without it), but it might be fun to get later on when you've got the hang of it and want to try something different.
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What books to get. Starting in 8th   What books to get. Starting in 8th I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2020, 17:28

Starting out, you definitely don't need the Psychic Awakening book; just the codex and CA 19 will do. However, as you start playing more, the PA book opens up a TON of options for Kabals, Cults, and Covens. And honestly, some of our most competitive stuff is in that book with the different traits. I would say a must have once you get into play again.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: What books to get. Starting in 8th   What books to get. Starting in 8th I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2020, 17:52

Personally, I would pass on Chapter Approved. If all you want are the updated points, ask someone who has it and update the points in pencil in your Drukhari book.

If you're interested in the scenarios and whatnot, then sure. But it's not worth spending money on just to update your points which you can find for free.
Back to top Go down
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: What books to get. Starting in 8th   What books to get. Starting in 8th I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2020, 17:58

I’m assuming BattleScribe would have all the updated points, right?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: What books to get. Starting in 8th   What books to get. Starting in 8th I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30 2020, 19:47

Correct, battlescribe will have the most up-to-date point costs.

For my $0.02, all you need is the BRB, codex and battlescribe. Everything else is a "nice to have"

Edit: You can get a free version of the BRB from GW online. It has 99% of the rules. You would only need the real BRB if you were going for tournaments where strange rule interactions happen. My local GW isnt even selling the BRB anymore due to the impending 9th edition
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What books to get. Starting in 8th   What books to get. Starting in 8th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What books to get. Starting in 8th
Page 1 of 1