THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2K WWP w/Sliscus

Go down 
+2
Dogmar
Kesharq
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

2K WWP w/Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: 2K WWP w/Sliscus   2K WWP w/Sliscus I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07 2011, 09:07

my normal games were mostly at 1K or 1,5K points so far. But after painting nearly most of my army, I would like to play bigger games.

x2 Haem W/ venomblade + Liquifier + WWP
Sliscus

x4 TB w/ 3 Blaster
x4 TB w/ 3 Blaster, Venom (2 SC)) <- Haem 1 in here

x9 Warriors w/ Blaster, Raider (FF) <- Haem 2 in here
x20 Warriors w/ 2 SC <- Sliscus in here
x6 Warriors w/ Blaster <- those are my leftover points (around 70). Any better ideas?
x8 Wracks w/ Liquifier
x15 Wyches w/ SI, HWG, Heka (Agonizer)

x3 RJB w/ Blaster, clustercaltrops

x1 Talos w/ chainflails, synchr. haywire blaster
x1 Ravager w/ FF

total 1998 points

I start with Ravager, TB in Venom and Warriors in Raider on the table, rest stays in reserve.
Sliscus and his warriors use the WWP as a kind of cover and shoot at advancing infantry, rest of army is a rather conservative set up (wyches + wracks slash, TB kill tanks, RJB contest objectives and zip over lone units)

What is missing? AT perhaps? a better use of Sliscus 3+ Poison shots?

please comment!
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

2K WWP w/Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2K WWP w/Sliscus   2K WWP w/Sliscus I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07 2011, 14:03

I think you have too many squads on foot to come out of just one WWP. I'd either try to squeeze a second portal in there or reduce the number of foot squads for some more transport which would also help you in the AT department, where you admittedly have a massive lack.
As a general rule of thumb I always try to max the heavies first, so try to cut a few points somewhere and get another ravager in your list. Additionally I'm not a fan ob the big Kabalite Blob squad. For maximum use of the dukes poison create a dedicated Trueborn AI squad, put them in a transport and attach the duke. You'd then lack more AT, so try to get more small Kabalite squads with blasters in venoms or raiders to compensate for this.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

2K WWP w/Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2K WWP w/Sliscus   2K WWP w/Sliscus I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07 2011, 14:39

Dogmar wrote:
I think you have too many squads on foot to come out of just one WWP. I'd either try to squeeze a second portal in there ...

There are 2 portals in there - am I missing something? It looks as if both portals are in vehicles so you can get aggressive with portal placement.

Will comment more soon, under the gun here so I will share some thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Adaragron
Slave
Adaragron

2K WWP w/Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2K WWP w/Sliscus   2K WWP w/Sliscus I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07 2011, 14:56

Have you thought about getting beastmaster and razorwings and maybe few khymarea. I think they would be pretty nasty in WWP list.
Back to top Go down
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

2K WWP w/Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2K WWP w/Sliscus   2K WWP w/Sliscus I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07 2011, 18:25

Kesharq wrote:

Sorry for the confusion - of course I field 2 Haemis, each one with a WWP

@Adaragron:
I got one problem with Beastmasters: I do not own any right now.
This list is strictly made up from miniatures I have.

As I field a Pirate-Kabal with minor support by some Haemis (Wyches are converted Warriors - the Boarding party), I have to think about a reason to field Beastmasters.
But they are definitely a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

2K WWP w/Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2K WWP w/Sliscus   2K WWP w/Sliscus I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07 2011, 22:41

Sorry Kesharq, I just overread that you had 2 Haemis with the same load-out.

My other points still stand though.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

2K WWP w/Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2K WWP w/Sliscus   2K WWP w/Sliscus I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08 2011, 02:41

If you're working with Duke Sliscus, why bring Wracks and the random extra Warrior addon - why not just bring more Wyches to make your control over drugs more potent?

I also think you don't need to spend 40 points on bikes to make them slightly better at killing infantry when you have those 15 man Wych squads and Duke Sliscus' super party favors monster squad running around.

I think the Trueborn Venom should be made a Raider - you are a touch light on anti-tank, and the most valuable place for anti-tank in this list is Turn 1, not after assault elements have shown up. With that in mind I'd also not be against seeing the 2nd Trueborn squad start on board in a Raider as well.
Back to top Go down
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

2K WWP w/Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2K WWP w/Sliscus   2K WWP w/Sliscus I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08 2011, 08:25

@thor665:
good point on the RJB and on the Warrior-blob.

I dropped the venomblades on the Haems, threw out the clustercaltrops, changed the Warriorsblob to TB w/ 2 SC, included a second ravager for more AT and added some Beastmasters:

x2 Haem W/ Liquifier + WWP
Sliscus

x3 TB w/ 3 Blaster
x3 TB w/ 3 Blaster, Venom (2 SC) <- Haem 1 in here
x8 TB w/ 2 SC, 6 carbine <- Sliscus in here

x5 Warriors w/ Blaster, Raider (FF) <- Haem 2 in here
x10 Wyches w/ HWG, Heka (Agonizer)
x8 Wracks w/ Liquifier

x3 RJB w/ Blaster
x3 RJB w/ Blaster
x2 Beastmaster w/ 4 Khymeras, 2 Swarms

x1 Ravager w/ FF
x1 Ravager w/ FF

total 1992 points

more AT? Check!
TB for AI? Check!
Beastmasters? Check!

Anything I forgot? Any comments?

Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

2K WWP w/Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2K WWP w/Sliscus   2K WWP w/Sliscus I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08 2011, 14:54

Just another idea to consider later is switching the reavers and the talos to heat lances. The blaster and haywire blaster do have very nice range with them and you will find that when those units emerge from the portal just about everything will be in range - nice. I want you to take note that in those instances if you could have been in range to use a heatlance instead.

What I have noticed even with the Talos that there is a target rich environment when my portal units emerge when I got 2 aggressively placed portals. After noticing that I have made the switch to heatlances on the Talos and haven't looked back since - there is always a target even at his smaller threat bubble.

With the bikes, the blaster gives them awesome range and I think that is valuable when the bikes are not using the portal and starting on the board. However, with the portal the bikes have free reign on what they want to target and if you are going to use the bikes for shooting then you might as well have a better chance at destroying what you are shooting at. The unit is already semi-sacrificial and if you are going to hit with your 1 special weapon shot then you might as well give it the best chance to destroy the target.

For me, blasters and haywire blasters fall into the same category of stunning or destroying a weapon with the slight chance of wrecking. I suck at dark lances but if I am going to get lucky enough to hit a target (for me, a dark lance hits 50% of the time) then take advantage.

And I think the heatlances are cheaper in both instances so try it out once you have played this list a couple times. If you have already glued in the respective weapons no worries, I find that non-DE players do not actually know the difference visually between the two so just "counts as" them - don't handcuff yourself to just what you glued.

Just thinking, wwp=heatlance
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

2K WWP w/Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2K WWP w/Sliscus   2K WWP w/Sliscus I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08 2011, 16:03

maybe >I'd drop the blades.. are you really thinking of going into combat with them?

Sliscus
3+ poison to warriors, drug dealer, fine in this list

x4 TB w/ 3 Blaster
x4 TB w/ 3 Blaster, Venom (2 SC)) <- Haem 1 in here
this goes to the antitank pile. NOTE: trueborn with blaster is the most point efficient antitank in the army, but if you add the transport or the time to come from reserve, ravager gives a better platform for those lances

x9 Warriors w/ Blaster, Raider (FF) <- Haem 2 in here
first with warriors... raider ones, fine, but 5 in a venom will save you points and won't change a lot... The haemo? with the wracks in a raider... Then... why the venom? Evil or Very Mad Why so many warriors?

x20 Warriors w/ 2 SC <- Sliscus in here
this unit will get shooted to death... add a 3rd heamonculus in here, erasing some warriors and the next unit...

x6 Warriors w/ Blaster <- those are my leftover points (around 70). Any better ideas?
...said it already... Why it's still here?

x8 Wracks w/ Liquifier
Transport shift! Give them the heamo and the raider from the warriors (who got their venom from the TB). Now you got 2 portable liquifer guns, and maybe you should maintain the venomblade now for combat (yay you got 2 pain tokens!)

just... perfect. the best troop units in WWP army (with Sliscus they only get better)

2 of 3 or 1 of 6? If they come from WWP, why not melta lances? NOTE: beasts are... beasts in combat, and they LOVE wwp. Buy 1 box of hellions, some wolves or chaos hounds and some bats from Vampire counts from eBay or cheap internet store and kick ass from people.

x1 Ravager w/ FF
if you get points from warriorsyou could get 1 more ravager or Talos (more lances or more slaughter, life choice!!!)

total 1998 points

So I left one heamo without transport... I beg you pardon, sir (Not to you! sayin it to the haemonculus...). Ask yourself the best option, 1 with warriors, 1 with tb or wracks. If models are your main problem (say you got 1 raider and 1 venom) stay this way then... but the units of wracks is better with 10 and 2 LG or going with the haemo in a transport (again 1+1 LG) If warriors were to be out of the WWP, give them a leader and a Splinter Cannon too.

My 2 cents... With hate,

Eldur
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2K WWP w/Sliscus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2K WWP w/Sliscus   2K WWP w/Sliscus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2K WWP w/Sliscus
Page 1 of 1