THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed

Go down 
+5
Kalmah
fisheyes
GreyArea
DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ
Burnage
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ
Hellion

New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed Empty
PostSubject: New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed   New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16 2020, 23:05

From what's said expect a big change with Archon and Haemoculous buffs
Wonder if Drukhari will get any new characters?

They are talking from a fluff perspective with changes ie Cpt doesn't stand there to buff tanks he buffs warriors fighting near him
I love this change

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/16/core-units-and-characters/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=40kCoreUnits16Sep2020&utm_content=40kCoreUnits16Sep2020
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed   New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2020, 00:07

Awsome.

I look forward to our HQs adding 'themselves' to the list of units they can't buff. Rolling Eyes

So following this change, an Archon will be able to buff all of 1 unit. Outstanding.

DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed   New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2020, 00:54

Expect Drukhari to have changed by then its not that bad
Marines were too powerful with there buffs
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed   New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2020, 06:55

Yeah, this is a good change for the game overall. It's going to hurt us directly, especially if Ravagers and Talos aren't core, but we'll at least also benefit strongly from opponents not being able to have gunlines with full rerolls.

GreyArea likes this post

Back to top Go down
DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed   New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2020, 07:23

I think Talos will stay buffed but not vehicles. Makes fluff sense to do so

The Strange Dark One and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed   New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2020, 09:41

Fluff wise, I can see that argument. I never liked the idea of an archon sitting next to vehicles anyway.

I'd much rather they increased transport capacity like harlis so archons can be in the vehicles directing the battle on the move.
Of course they would also have to change how they work too.

I think something like a necron "my will be done" but not limited to picking one unit. That way it could suit our death by a thousand cuts MSU style.

Could call it something like "Sadistic command"
pick one of 3 choices each command phase:
1) "Aim for their hearts" = +1 to wound on poison vs non-vehicles
2) "Load corrosive toxins" = +1 AP on poison
3) "Remove it from my sight" = +1 dmg to non-poison weapons

You could obviously play around with the effects and even give characters extra ones for flavour.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed   New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2020, 12:22

It does seem like they are going towards giving all armies "Doctrines" like Marines. Those Necron Protocols look very similar (with a LOT more book keeping).

I think you have it about right @GreyArea
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed   New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2020, 16:41

For the record, I do like this idea in concept.

I'm just exceptionally wary as it necessitates GW finally putting some thought and effort into an army they've spent the past decade dicking over at every opportunity.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed   New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2020, 17:47

Honestly, I would be perfectly happy returning to the Index days before we had Stratagems, Chapter Tactics and Doctrines/etc. It was way easier to know what the enemy had, and how to counter it.

Thats my opinion though, Im sure to be in the minority.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed   New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2020, 17:53

fisheyes wrote:
Honestly, I would be perfectly happy returning to the Index days before we had Stratagems, Chapter Tactics and Doctrines/etc. It was way easier to know what the enemy had, and how to counter it.

i can't arguem as i am a brand new player to this game!
But, from a perspective, i gotta admit that for a new player, the stratagems are really slowing the game (as i don't know them all perfectly, its always like: is there a stratagem for this situation....no....ok next....now this situation?.....yes....ok etc....).
As for the game balance, i'm pretty sure the game would be easier to balance if we were to remove all those bonus and extras.....but those extra is something that drive people to play this kind of game as it adds some layer and some complexity.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed   New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2020, 22:23

fisheyes wrote:

Well, you can add my vote to that as far as Stratagems and Doctrines go. I find the latter to be unnecessary (since the game no longer rewards you for souping), and I find Statagems to be anything but strategic.

I don't mind Chapter Tactics quite as much, but I do wish they'd been done in a different way.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed   New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2020, 01:49

If we get something I hope its more like Rites or Tides. But i honestly just want the old Reaver Drug Archon back if he isn't going to have an aura, as an auramancer he better work in vehicles.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed   New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2020, 02:03

amishprn86 wrote:
If we get something I hope its more like Rites or Tides. But i honestly just want the old Reaver Drug Archon back if he isn't going to have an aura, as an auramancer he better work in vehicles.

We all want the Reaver Drug Archon back. Because "Reaver" + "Archon" + "Drugs" = AWESOME.

A good buff character with mobility like most armies have is something that Drukhari really need

My Dark Eldar Project Log

Dr.Morbid likes this post

Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed   New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2020, 12:51

Soulless Samurai wrote:

I'm just exceptionally wary as it necessitates GW finally putting some thought and effort into an army they've spent the past decade dicking over at every opportunity.

This would be funny if it was not tragically true.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed   New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New rules for core units and buffs from characters 9th ed
Page 1 of 1