THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Core Rules for Commorragh - The Game

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zahaladune
Hellion
Zahaladune

Core Rules for Commorragh - The Game Empty
PostSubject: Core Rules for Commorragh - The Game   Core Rules for Commorragh - The Game I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2013, 21:56

General Description

Welcome my dark kin.  I have decided to take it upon myself to gather up all the ideas mused here on the forum, add in a splash of creative liberty, and finally compile a core rule system for Commorragh - The Game.  This will be a three part project, starting with the core rules, followed by the warband system used, and finished up with the campaign details, skill lists, and other odds and ends.  Basic information regarding each section is as follows:

Part 1:

Necromunda based rules with modification for 6th edition.  Core mechanics/armory/special actions.  Necromunda already had a great system for skirmish games, and most of what is in there will be used unaltered.  Special actions like climbing and jumping will be used, as will many of the special actions from the noteworthy You'd Better Do Something! Special Actions homebrew rules.

Part 2:

Gang system much like Necromunda, with a dash of Mordheim.  The warbands I will be considering at present are:
--Hellion gangs
--Wych cults
--Kabalite squads
--Mandrake packs
--Haemonculus covens
--Scourge flocks
--Corsair detachments

Units like Reavers, Incubi, Beast masters etc. will be considered for Hired Guns and special charatcers.  Hired guns will be restricted by warband to account for thematic setting.

Part 3:

The campaign system will be much like Necromunda, with explanation for gaining experience, attaining skills, and purchasing goods. Territories will also be included in this section, with individual territory lists being available for each type of warband.  The skirmish lists will include things like territory battles, market place raids, attack/defend types of missions, and more.

Vehicles

Vehicles will be available in this game, but with modified movement and special rules to account for the smaller battle field.  On that note, any suggestion as to how large a table should be used would be welcomed.  I am considering the usual 4x4, but certain battles may warrant larger or smaller scales.  Vehicles will be expensive, and not obtainable by starting warbands outside of one-off battles of agreed upon extended initial funds.  The basic characteristics of vehicles wont be changed much, but their available weapons loadouts will be altered to match the smaller scale setting and other modifications inherent in a skirmish system.  Vehicle availability will be restricted by warband type, with availability to "non-proficient" warbands at increased cost.  An example of this would be skyboards being only available to Hellion gangs, outside of special items acquistions and extreme cost hikes.  Each warband will also have its own specific vehicle skill table which will reflect the types of vehicle inherently available to them.  Mandrake packs will not have access to vehicles, but instead will have their own teleportation system, obtainable much like vehicle purchases, and a teleportation skill table.

Carrying capacity will be modified for each vehicle to account for boarding actions.  Models will be able to assault vehicles as normal, but will be given the ability to board them if within assault range.  Each model beyond the normal carrying capacity of a vehicle will incur movement penalties to said vehicle.  Current capacity modifications are:

Venom: 1-3 additional enemy models
Raider: 1-5 additional enemy models

Weapons
Various changes to weapons may be made, but are currently in revision by Enociac.  His thread discussing future alterations to weapons and weapons tables can be found Here

A word on terms:  For this game system, I will chose to refer to each grouping of units/characters as a warband.  This helps to disambiguate between the groups available, with further definition given to each.  Hellion warbands will be considered gangs, warbands of Wyches will be cults and so on.  I hope this will help differentiate groups in discussion, rule making, and such.   

Please feel free to post suggestions based on this brief description.  Modifications will be made as ideas arise or are suggested, and the first part of this project is slated to be released around the last half of December 2013.

Thank you all ahead of time for what you have already contributed, and may contribute in the future Very Happy

P.S. PM me if any of you are interested in getting your hands on some Necro/Mord/Gorka info.  I have compiled every official and homebrew file out there for each system, and they are a great resource for inspiration.

Last edited by Zahaladune on Sat Dec 28 2013, 01:50; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zahaladune
Hellion
Zahaladune

PostSubject: Core Rules 1   Core Rules for Commorragh - The Game I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2013, 21:56

Below is a link to the Beta version of the core mechanics behind Commorragh - The Game.  The file is not completely flushed out, and has no art of fluff as of yet.  Any advice or suggestions are are always welcome and appreciated.  This file and post will continually be updated as changes are made, so keep checking in to stay up to date.

The Power from Pain rules are now included for Kabal squads, Wych cults, and Haemonculus covens. The PFP rules for Hellion gangs, Mandrake Packs, Corsair detachments and Scourge flocks will be added as the Warbands section of the rules are designed. Didn't want to get too ahead of myself  Razz 

Core Rules 1 (Beta)

Last edited by Zahaladune on Thu Nov 07 2019, 04:02; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zahaladune
Hellion
Zahaladune

PostSubject: Re: Core Rules for Commorragh - The Game   Core Rules for Commorragh - The Game I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2013, 21:56

Place Holder 2
Back to top Go down
Zahaladune
Hellion
Zahaladune

PostSubject: Re: Core Rules for Commorragh - The Game   Core Rules for Commorragh - The Game I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30 2013, 21:57

Place Holder 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Core Rules for Commorragh - The Game   Core Rules for Commorragh - The Game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Core Rules for Commorragh - The Game
Page 1 of 1