THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Raiding force (BH,RG,Techno)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

2k Raiding force (BH,RG,Techno) Empty
PostSubject: 2k Raiding force (BH,RG,Techno)   2k Raiding force (BH,RG,Techno) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14 2020, 22:22

So I really want to try and make the Ycarne work as her mobility is a big threat and headache for the opponent. The enemy will always have to worry about the ycarne. She can put out a good number of MWs with smite and gaze of ynnead. ancestors grace also reroll 1s to hit in cc which makes the ycarne a meat grinder. With all of the high value elite units out there she has really great targets that she can butcher.

The list says 1960 to make up for the points increase of the Reapers

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [24 PL, 11CP, 452pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment CP

Obsession: Kabal of the Black Heart

+ Stratagems +

Alliance of Agony [-1CP]

+ No Force Org Slot +

Court of the Archon [2 PL, 37pts]
. Lhamean
. Sslyth

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 70pts]: Blast Pistol, Huskblade, Labyrinthine Cunning, The Djin Blade, Warlord

The Yncarne [15 PL, 290pts]: 1. Gaze of Ynnead, 6. Ancestors' Grace

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [3 PL, 55pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior: 3x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Shredder
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [21 PL, -5CP, 441pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment CP [-2CP]

Obsession: Cult of the Red Grief

+ Stratagems +

Prizes from the Dark City (2 Relics) [-3CP]

+ HQ +

Succubus [3 PL, 60pts]: Archite Glaive, Blast Pistol, Hyper-swift Reflexes, The Blood Glaive

+ Troops +

Wyches [3 PL, 70pts]
. Hekatrix: Blast Pistol, Hekatarii blade
. 3x Wych: 3x Hekatarii blade, 3x Splinter Pistol
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Shardnet and impaler

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers [3 PL, 70pts]
. Arena Champion
. Reaver
. Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models): Heat lance

Reavers [7 PL, 146pts]: 2x Grav-Talon
. Arena Champion
. 3x Reaver: 3x Bladevanes, 3x Splinter pistol, 3x Splinter rifle

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 95pts]: Disintegrator cannon

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [56 PL, 2CP, 1,066pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment CP [-2CP]

Obsession
. *Custom Coven*: Dark Technomancers, Masters of Mutagens

Raiding Force [4CP]

+ HQ +

Haemonculus [5 PL, 90pts]: Electrocorrosive whip, Liquifier Gun, Master Regenerist, The Nightmare Doll

+ Troops +

Wracks [6 PL, 121pts]
. Acothyst: Electrocorrosive whip, Liquifier Gun
. Wrack with special weapon (up to 1 for 5 models): Liquifier Gun
. 6x Wracks: 6x Haemonculus Tools

Wracks [3 PL, 70pts]
. Acothyst: Electrocorrosive whip, Hexrifle
. 4x Wracks: 4x Haemonculus Tools

Wracks [3 PL, 70pts]
. Acothyst: Electrocorrosive whip, Hexrifle
. 4x Wracks: 4x Haemonculus Tools

+ Fast Attack +

Scourges [7 PL, 115pts]
. Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Heat lance
. Solarite: Shardcarbine

+ Heavy Support +

Reaper [8 PL, 150pts]

Reaper [8 PL, 150pts]

+ Dedicated Transport +

Venom [4 PL, 75pts]: Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

++ Total: [101 PL, 8CP, 1,959pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

The reason the raider it is red grief is that with the sails strat it is moving 22 inches and still able to assault. So gives me extra reach or a way to sometime get out of harms way. Like if I liquify a dangerous enemy unit I may be able to assault a weak foe elsewhere to pull me further from the enemy and possibly prevent a charge or get out of some gun ranges. Or like flame 1 unit assault to get closer to an objective or line breaker etc. But I do love blackheart for the extra durability. It really adds up.

I was debating drazar as I love him, but I only really love him with his warlord trait to reroll wounds. But getting 3 wl traits is just better in this list. I do prefer him over the succubus, but she is a great deal for only 60pts which is way cheaper so gives me more room to play.

This army doesn't have a ton of combat which is a little concerning, but all 4 characters are pretty good at killing stuff. And fairly durable for dark eldar.

And I quite like techno hexrifles.

I am on the fence on if I want test of skill and shalshing impact for the cult instead of Red Grief. The list isn't that big for the MWs to really add up, but they do matter. And the test of skill bonus could be good as well. It's just a matter of if it is worth losing some mobility and a much killier succubus.

The Court of the Archon models are great for scoring secondaires and are a good unit for the ycarne to show up if they die.

Hellion
JRG

PostSubject: Re: 2k Raiding force (BH,RG,Techno)   2k Raiding force (BH,RG,Techno) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2020, 16:20

How do you plan on scoring primaries and secondaries with this list, what secondaries do you play on taking?
Would you consider While we stand, we fight with the Yncarne and the Reapers, what about mental interrogation as the Yncarne will be on the front line near enemy characters?

How will you divide the transports, with the court ride with the Archon in a Venom scoring engage on all fronts and dropping of court models to deploy scramblers?
I assume the raider will ferry the larger wracks unit with Haem and Succubus to form the hammer? Would you be looking to sacrifice transports and Kabalite/wych units to bring Yncarne out into their front line?

Do you think this force would struggle against high model count lists like how necrons maybe going?

Apologies for the 21 questions and not offering feedback, I'm sitting learning effective 9th ed list building and do feel ready to provide criticism. Smile
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 2k Raiding force (BH,RG,Techno)   2k Raiding force (BH,RG,Techno) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18 2020, 07:06

JRG wrote:
How do you plan on scoring primaries and secondaries with this list, what secondaries do you play on taking?
Would you consider While we stand, we fight with the Yncarne and the Reapers, what about mental interrogation as the Yncarne will be on the front line near enemy characters?

How will you divide the transports, with the court ride with the Archon in a Venom scoring engage on all fronts and dropping of court models to deploy scramblers?
I assume the raider will ferry the larger wracks unit with Haem and Succubus to form the hammer? Would you be looking to sacrifice transports and Kabalite/wych units to bring Yncarne  out into their front line?

Do you think this force would struggle against high model count lists like how necrons maybe going?

Apologies  for the 21 questions and not offering feedback, I'm sitting learning effective 9th ed list building and do feel ready to provide criticism. Smile

It's all good.

For secondaries
Engage all fronts is more common and pretty easy to get a high score, and so is line breaker a lot of the time.

And deploy scramblers is really great with the Court. The court models being characters and cheap really makes It easy to get the 10points without spending much in the way of resources.

I don't think I'll ever take While we stand we fight as my opponent will for sure want to kill the reapers and ycarne when possible. I feel I'd be gaining very little this secondarie. Same goes for mental interrogation. It's just not worth it with the ycarne. She needs to be active and mobile during the game and this takes away from that.

As far as transports go it depends on what I am planning and the mission. Yes the big wrack unit and the haemonculus will usually be in the raider. Wyches will usually be in a venomas well. The rest depends on what I need to do. Sometimes I can see a court model in the raider as well if I plan on going deep into enemy territory. It all really just depends on what is going on.

Scoring primaries is I think a little challenging for dark eldar sometimes, but that is why we have coven atm. The wracks aren't crazy tough, but they do take some work to kill and I don't think they are that high on the priority target list for people. Wyches can tie unit down a little bit and with the red grief strat I can pull them out of combat and suprise people with how far they can travel.

The ycarne is a big part of helping me control the board. With her board presence she can be almost anywhere and she has to ne something your opponent always has to plan for and be aware of. It's awesome having pop up near you opponent and heroically intervening them.

And the reavers are great for threatening characters some units with the red grief speeds, grav talons, heat lances, eviscerating flyby etc. And just to he a little annoying and get in the way at times. They are fast and so can support y forces almost anywhere. They also can help a great deal with secondaries. Just a useful unit that i think is underlooked.

And yes hordes can be an issue. The venoms sure can help and hopefully the kabalites with shredder will be somewhat useful then. The 4 master, techno venoms should hopefully help a bit there.

And scourges are mostly there as a clean up crew and to threaten elite units and help with secondaires.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 2k Raiding force (BH,RG,Techno)   2k Raiding force (BH,RG,Techno) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18 2020, 12:29

I will agree that Mental Interogation is a very difficult secondary, especially if you only have 1 psyker. Even with 2 psykers it feels bad to have half your psykic power sitting there doing "nothing" for a turn. And you need to be doing it every turn to score decently with it...

Looks interesting. What is your battle plan when you face Marines and Necrons? Yncarne should be decent at countering the C'Tan "max 3 damage per phase" nonsense, but what will you do vs the Marine Outriders getting 10000 attacks at S4 Ap-1 on the first turn? Wracks will help with screening but with only a 5++ the unit is probably dead (and if those are White Scars Outriders they will consolidate 6"+D6" into the rest of your army)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k Raiding force (BH,RG,Techno)   2k Raiding force (BH,RG,Techno) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Raiding force (BH,RG,Techno)
Page 1 of 1