THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Raiding Force 2000 pts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkNalfen
Slave
DarkNalfen

Raiding Force 2000 pts Empty
PostSubject: Raiding Force 2000 pts   Raiding Force 2000 pts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 10:53

Kabal of the Crimson Kraken 1.0 2000pts

Patrol Detachment: Kabal of the Flayed Skull

HQ1: Archon [86]pts
Husk Blade, Blast pistol
Relic: The Djin Blade
WT: Eternal Hatred

Troops1: 10x Kabalite Warriors [118]pts
Sybarite w/ Agoniser. 2x Blasters, 1x Dark Lance
Troops2: 10x Kabalite Warriors [118]pts
Sybarite w/ Agoniser. 2x Blasters, 1x Dark Lance

Elite0:1xMedusae [15]pts

HS1: Ravager [140]pts
3x Dark Lances
HS2: Ravager [125]pts
3x Disintegrator Cannons

DT1: Raider [95]pts
1x Dark Lance, Splinter racks
DT2: Raider [95]pts
1x Dark Lance, Splinter racks
DT3: Venom [75]pts
2x Splinter Cannons
DT4: Venom [75]pts
2x Splinter Cannons
DT5: Venom [75]pts
2x Splinter Cannons

Patrol Detachment: Kabal of the Black Heart

HQ1: Archon [84]pts
Agoniser, Blast Pistol

Troops1: 10x Kabalite Warriors [60]pts

Elite0: 1x Medusae [15]pts

FA1: 5x Scorges [60]pts
FA2: 5x Scorges [60]pts

Patrol Detachment: Cult of the Red Grief

HQ1: Succubus [60]pts
Archite Glaive, Blast Pistol

Troops1: 5x Wyches [49]pts
Hecatrix w/ Agoniser, 1x Shardnet&Impaler
Troops2: 5x Wyches [49]pts
Hecatrix w/ Agoniser, 1x Shardnet&Impaler

FA1: 12x Reavers [312]pts
4x Blasters, 4x Grav-talons
Arena Champion w/ Agoniser
FA2: 6x Reavers [158]pts
2x Blasters, 2x Grav-talons
Arena Champion w/ Agoniser

DT1: Venom [75]pts
2x Splinter Cannons

1999/2000pts
7 CP

Played a couple 1000-1500pts 8ed games already, after 3 year break, but by Craftworlds+Drukhari. Djin Blade Archon is a beast. Killed 2 squads of necron warriors and Overlord in one game, 3 Gerolds of Tzeench and some named Khorne hero on bloodcrusher  next day.
Still need to learn more about how ppl play nowadays. Testing, testing and more testing before going to any local tournaments.
Archons ride in same Venom, Succubus in another and last 2 for Wyches.

Last edited by DarkNalfen on Thu Apr 12 2018, 02:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RegoCrux
Hellion
RegoCrux

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Force 2000 pts   Raiding Force 2000 pts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 11:25

Decent enough list. Got all the elements. Some tweaks I'd do...

Drop the agonisers from the kabalite warriors , drop the agonisers from the reavers, and drop the splinter cannon upgrades from the venoms. They don't pull much weight, and it gives you an extra 72 pts to throw around.

My preference is to forego blast pistols entirely, but I can see the argument for them to stay.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Clock
Hellion
Dr.Clock

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Force 2000 pts   Raiding Force 2000 pts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 16:17

That 72 points could give you 2 blasters in each Scourge unit... they look a little bare as-is.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Force 2000 pts   Raiding Force 2000 pts I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 18:55

Couple thoughts:

Why take the black heart patrol detachment? The 10 base warriors with no special weapons are useless, and the black heart trait isn't doing anything for them. You're also not using the black heart warlord trait so no point in black heart at all. Just turn that into a flayed skull, and give the warriors blasters or shredders.

Wyches are better as a unit of 10 then 5, I'd drop the 5 mans and the venoms in favor of one 10 man in a raider.

Also alternative idea, if you don't really want to take the wych units you could easily restructure this list as a flayed skull battalion and an outrider red grief by just splitting the 12 reaver unit into 2 6 mans. That would give you some pts to play around with.

Slave
DarkNalfen

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Force 2000 pts   Raiding Force 2000 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 02:26

Lord Asvaldir wrote:
Couple thoughts:

Why take the black heart patrol detachment? The 10 base warriors with no special weapons are useless, and the black heart trait isn't doing anything for them. You're also not using the black heart warlord trait so no point in black heart at all. Just turn that into a flayed skull, and give the warriors blasters or shredders.

Wyches are better as a unit of 10 then 5, I'd drop the 5 mans and the venoms in favor of one 10 man in a raider.

Also alternative idea, if you don't really want to take the wych units you could easily restructure this list as a flayed skull battalion and an outrider red grief by just splitting the 12 reaver unit into 2 6 mans. That would give you some pts to play around with.

Well, Black Heart Archon here mainly for  - "Agents of Vect" Stratagem. It seems very solid. Heard about some plague marine stratagem combos, cheap cultists turning into demons or whatever. Even to deny Counter-Defensive may be usefull option and be a crucial moment in game. In theory.
And he can carry Helm of the Spite if there are any psykers in opponent's army.
10 naked warriors as a screen against any Deepstriking or how-it-is-called-now units. Boats wanna be safe! And noone cares if those low-born warriors die in agony. They are cheap after all.

Yes, love 10 wych girl squads  too. They worked amazing in days of 4ed, and first half of 5ed. (12" charge, old wych weapons mmm... miss em). But later...we all know how cruel GW was to our girls and melee heroes. Used wyches mostly as 5x squad in Venoms to finish off vehicles by Haywire grenades.
This roster is more about shooting and Wyches's job - to slay wounded, almost dead units and help Archons and Reavers to lock enemies in melee combat.  And to grab Objectives ofcoz. Also, years ago changed many my old Raiders to Venoms, so thats why 5x units)
Venoms got nerfed, less shots at long distance but with Flayed Skull obsession they still work fine. Mb Black Heart Venoms are better due to re-roll 1 to wound but.. meh, 6" Archon's aura force em to stick together. Which is not good in many situations. I like when my vehicles split up across the table, surround the opponent's forces and tear them one by one. Death by thousand cuts, he-he-he... And this looks cool from aside I guess.

Thought about battallion and outrider for wyches, but 6x Reaver squads do less mortal wounds by Eviscerating Fly-By.
T5 (thanks, no-random Combat Drugs!) 2W Reavers made me so happy in game against hordes of Pink Horrors, 30x demons of Khorne and Magnus dude. They finished off last 8 demons of Khorne after mass shooting, 3 Reavers survived after Pink Horror tide dakka-dakka and even killed that creepy things in melee combat! Arena Champion decapitated Herold of Tzeench next turn.

Wish to have more detachments, to add Coven for +d3 CP and tough Wrack. Or:
Suprime Command Detachment: Craftworld Ulthwe

HQ1: Farseer Skyrunner [140]pts
Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult
Executioner, Doom, Smite
HQ2: Farseer Skyrunner [140]pts
Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult
Executioner, Doom, Smite
HQ3: Warlock Skyrunner [70]pts
Witch Blade, Twin Shuriken Catapult
Destructor, Protect/Jinx

350pts (Doom, Doooooom! and Jinx on targets for Venoms and Ravagers. Mortal wounds and defence against psykers)

But seems players in my local area have some rule for only 3 Detachments for 2000pts matched and tournament games Crying or Very sad

2Dr.Clock
In my opinion, it better to give 4 special weapons to Scourges or not to give them weapons at all. 5x shardcarbine do 15 poison shots, and thats pretty good for only 60 points. Hope it will help to soften some targets before Reaver's turn 1 charge.

If Scourges and small pack of Reavers dissapont, I'll change them to more Raiders/Ravagers. It's 278 points to play with. 308 if to drop Blast pistols.
Or convert tiny Wych squads into 10x girls on Raiders.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Clock
Hellion
Dr.Clock

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Force 2000 pts   Raiding Force 2000 pts I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 03:46

Quite right... swapping to 10-wych squads makes sense over the Scourges IMO.

I definitely like the Ulthwe Jetseer Company idea at higher point levels... Ulthwe were my first army ; )

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Force 2000 pts   Raiding Force 2000 pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raiding Force 2000 pts
Page 1 of 1