THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First take on Raiding Force

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sekac
Wych
sekac

First take on Raiding Force Empty
PostSubject: First take on Raiding Force   First take on Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 04:02

Battlescribe has not been updated since the codex is not officially out. I also don't have access to it, so this is approximate based on what I understand the points changes to be.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [103 PL, 10CP, 2000pts] ++

Obsessions: Black Heart, Cult of Strife, Dark Creed

Raiding Force

+ Stratagems +

Alliance of Agony [-1CP]

Prizes from the Dark City (1 Relic) [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Master Archon [4 PL, 85pts]: Power sword, Blast pistol, Warlord (Labrynth Cunning, Writ of the Living Muse)

Haemonculus [5 PL, 100pts]: Haemonculus tools, Stinger Pistol (Unsure on load out here)

Master Succubus [3 PL, 75pts]: Agoniser, Archite Glaive (Triptych Whip, Extra Attacks for ones that fail to wound WL trait)

+ Troops +

Kabalite Trueborn [6 PL, 135pts]
. 6x Kabalite Warrior: 6x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. 2x Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Haemoxytes [6 PL, 105pts]
. Acothyst: Electro-corrosive Whip
. 9x Wracks: 9x Haemonculus Tools

Wracks [3 PL, 40pts]
. Acothyst: Haemonculus tools
. 4x Wracks: 4x Haemonculus Tools

Bloodbrides [6 PL, 145pts]
. Hekatrix: Blast Pistol, Power sword
. 7x Wych: 7x Hekatarii blade, 7x Splinter Pistol
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Shardnet and impaler
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Razorflails

+ Elites +

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Klaive

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]

Mandrakes [4 PL, 75pts]
. 4x Mandrake: 4x Baleblast, 4x Glimmersteel blade
. Nightfiend

Mandrakes [4 PL, 75pts]
. Nightfiend

+ Fast Attack +

Hellions [7 PL, 170pts]
. Helliarch: Hellglaive
. 9x Hellion: 9x Hellglaive, 9x Splinter pods

Scourges [7 PL, 120pts]
. 4x Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Dark Lance
. Solarite: Shardcarbine

Scourges [7 PL, 120pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Reaper [9 PL, 170pts] (Dark Creed)

Reaper [9 PL, 170pts] (Cult of Strife)

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 85pts]: Dark Lance (Black Heart)

++ Total: [103 PL, 10CP, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

The idea is the Archon hangs with the DL scourges and gives them re-roll 1s to hit and wound. The Dark Creed Reaper can snipe characters for the Assassinate secondary and to disrupt aura-base strategies. The Cult of Strife Reaper can shoot twice. 12+3D6 dark lance shots should crush vehicles and monsters pretty quickly, then pivot into killing 3-4 wound models easily.

The 2x Incubi Raider doesn't stray too far from the Archon so he can hop in and help them mop up, once the battle shifts towards close combat.

Trueborn Raider, Wych Raider, and Hellions provide mid-table threats while mandrakes either pull off turn 1 charges (since they count as turn 2 PfP) or are used to ensure Engage on All Fronts or Deploy Scramblers.

Haemoxytes are dedicated objective holders and 5 man wracks can be used to strategic reserve for late game objective grabbing or Deploy Scramblers, or simply used to screen out strategic reserves/deep strike.

Let me know if there are any glaring issues, since as I say, I'm only going off what I understand from points/leaks.

I'm so looking forward to getting my grubby little paws on this codex!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: First take on Raiding Force   First take on Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 13:28

Looking good Archon!

You forgot to write "Master" Haemonculus, even though you paid the points for it.

Unfortunately the Character Sniping strat no longer works for Vehicles, so you cant do that with your Reaper. Not the end of the world, just allows you to take a tripple Lance Ravager instead!
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: First take on Raiding Force   First take on Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 13:45

fisheyes wrote:
Looking good Archon!

You forgot to write "Master" Haemonculus, even though you paid the points for it.

Unfortunately the Character Sniping strat no longer works for Vehicles, so you cant do that with your Reaper. Not the end of the world, just allows you to take a tripple Lance Ravager instead!

Ah good catch. Yeah I made the approximate list on BS and then went through to update names and points.

I had not realized that strat changed. There goes the cheese! Hmm...triple lance ravager or 2nd reaper. I actually don't like that 11th wound on ravagers. Makes it worth an extra VP for Bring Them Down. But with only 5 vehicles, doubtful people would take that secondary. More likely Thin Their Ranks, in which case they both count as a full point.

Things to ruminate on! Thank you.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: First take on Raiding Force   First take on Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 13:57

Personally I dont see myself taking more than 1 unit of Scourges in my early lists. Those FA slots are just too valuable with both Hellions and Reavers fighting over the privilege of joining the Raid.

I am guessing you prefer the flat D2 of the Hellions over the multi-phase damage of the Reavers?
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: First take on Raiding Force   First take on Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 15:02

The new hex rifle is great. Got to try it out yesterday. Change the reaper to black heart for the reroll and find a way to bring more hex rifles
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: First take on Raiding Force   First take on Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 16:40

fisheyes wrote:
Personally I dont see myself taking more than 1 unit of Scourges in my early lists. Those FA slots are just too valuable with both Hellions and Reavers fighting over the privilege of joining the Raid.

I am guessing you prefer the flat D2 of the Hellions over the multi-phase damage of the Reavers?

Yeah, my first thought was to drop the reaper in favor of 6 reavers with +1BS and 2 heatlances, but I haven't the FA slots. I'm starting to think that may be the thing that begins to force scourges out of lists. Not that they are ineffective, but there are actual choices to be made. Who would've thought?!

@Vailex, I do want to try the new hexrifle. I'd be very tempted to take 3-4 minimum wrack squads with Dark Technomancer in a different list. Something I'm going to experiment with for sure. Hitting on 3s, or 4s, wounding most characters on 2 and doing 3 damage. They'll be cowering in fear!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: First take on Raiding Force   First take on Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 18:39

The great thing about Reavers is you can actually roll 2 dice on the Drug chart, and everything on it is good. Worst case scenario you get +1 Strength and Weapon Skill, which is still OK.

Can you imagine getting +1 Toughness and +2 Movement?! The enemy would be cowering on their back edge all game XD
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: First take on Raiding Force   First take on Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 01:26

Okay, take 2:

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [103 PL, 10CP, 2000pts] ++

Obsessions: Black Heart, Cult of Strife, Prophets of Flesh

Raiding Force

+ Stratagems +

Alliance of Agony [-1CP]

Prizes from the Dark City (1 Relic) [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Master Archon [4 PL, 85pts]: Power sword, Blast pistol, Warlord (Labrynth Cunning, Writ of the Living Muse)

Master Haemonculus [5 PL, 100pts]: Haemonculus tools, Stinger Pistol (Unsure on load out here)

Master Succubus [3 PL, 75pts]: Agoniser, Archite Glaive (Triptych Whip, Extra Attacks for ones that fail to wound WL trait)

+ Troops +

Kabalite Trueborn [6 PL, 135pts]
. 6x Kabalite Warrior: 6x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. 2x Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Haemoxytes [6 PL, 105pts]
. Acothyst: Electro-corrosive Whip
. 9x Wracks: 9x Haemonculus Tools

Wracks [3 PL, 40pts]
. Acothyst: Haemonculus tools
. 4x Wracks: 4x Haemonculus Tools

Bloodbrides [6 PL, 145pts]
. Hekatrix: Blast Pistol, Power sword
. 7x Wych: 7x Hekatarii blade, 7x Splinter Pistol
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Shardnet and impaler
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Razorflails

+ Elites +

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]

Mandrakes [4 PL, 75pts]
. Nightfiend

Mandrakes [4 PL, 75pts]
. Nightfiend

+ Fast Attack +

Hellions [7 PL, 170pts]
. Helliarch: Hellglaive
. 9x Hellion: 9x Hellglaive, 9x Splinter pods

Reavers [7 PL, 140pts]
. Arena Champion
. 3x Reaver: 3x Bladevanes, 3x Splinter pistol, 3x Splinter rifle
. 2x Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models): Heat lance

Scourges [7 PL, 120pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [8 PL, 140pts]: Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance

Reaper [9 PL, 170pts] (Cult of Strife)

+ Dedicated Transport +

++ Total: [103 PL, 10CP, 1990pts] ++

I dropped the 2nd Reaper and 2nd Scourge squad for 3x DL Ravager and a squad of 6 Reavers with 2 heatlances. This saves 10 points. Maybe a couple hexrifles?

*edit* Oh, I changed Dark Creed out for PoF since my Reaper shenanigans are out.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: First take on Raiding Force   First take on Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 14:34

Reavers love those Grav Talons Wink

Why PoF? They really dont give much in this Codex, the main benefit is your Wracks dont need a Haemonculus nearby to give them the +1T aura against small arms fire. May be better to go a different way if you are set on Wracks. Dark Technomancer with Liquifier seems to be the best (time will tell)
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: First take on Raiding Force   First take on Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 16:50

fisheyes wrote:
Reavers love those Grav Talons Wink

Why PoF? They really dont give much in this Codex, the main benefit is your Wracks dont need a Haemonculus nearby to give them the +1T aura against small arms fire. May be better to go a different way if you are set on Wracks. Dark Technomancer with Liquifier seems to be the best (time will tell)

I definitely intend to us DT liqs when I've got a few more points to throw at it. With such a small contigent of coven the durability seems most appealing. I intend to use the haemoxytes to squat a near objective, and to enter the other 5 into strategic reserves for some Deploy Scramblers/Engage on All Fronts insurance. PoF gives them greatest self-sufficiency at minimal investment.

I'm by no means set on this and figure this is the area of the list most likely to change through testing. Once I actually have the codex in my hands, things will come into focus.

Thanks for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First take on Raiding Force   First take on Raiding Force I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First take on Raiding Force
Page 1 of 1