THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari Raiding Force

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

Ynnari Raiding Force Empty
PostSubject: Ynnari Raiding Force   Ynnari Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26 2018, 17:21

Ynnari Detachments don't stop being Drukhari Detachments, as far as I can tell...can a Ynnari Patrol be included as part of a Raiding Force?
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Raiding Force   Ynnari Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26 2018, 18:27

Quote :
YNNARI is a keyword that some units in this book can gain when taken as part of a Reborn army, as detailed in other publications. If a Detachment includes any YNNARI units, it is no longer a DRUKHARI Detachment and will not gain any of the abilities listed below.

Given the recent FAQ’s regarding Ynnari and it’s interaction with Craftworlder’s and the Dark Kin’s Stratagems, Warlord Traits and so forth, I’m not 100% sure on this. But reading the ‘COMMORITE RAIDERS’ Page 114 in the Drukhari Codex, I’d say not.

The ‘abilities listed below’ include Vanguard of the Dark City (Objective Secured), Raiding Force (the topic of discussion), Drukhari Obsessions (which I’m 99.999% sure you don’t get to keep) and Blades for Hire (which is inconsequential in a Reborn Detachment).

Long story short, if you get to keep the Raiding Force bonus for that Patrol, you also get to keep the Obsessions for that Patrol. You don’t get one without the other, and I’m pretty sure it’s been FAQ’d that you don’t get Craftworld Traits on a Reborn Detachment, so this shouldn’t be any different, but don’t quote me on that.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Raiding Force   Ynnari Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26 2018, 21:19

The rule was updated in the Big FAQ and they ARE considered to still be Drukhari detachments but I still think it would preclude a Ynnari Raiding Force as this is listed under the detachment abilities, including Obsessions, which the rule goes on to say are lost.

Quote :
If Yvraine, the Visarch or the Yncarne is included in a Detachment, all Aeldari units in that Detachment gain the Ynnari keyword. These units cannot use any of the following abilities, and are not considered to have them: Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Rising Crescendo, Power From Pain. Instead, Ynnari Infantry and Biker units gain the Strength from Death ability, as described below. The Detachment is still considered to be a Craftworlds, Harlequins or Drukhari Detachment, and so can use Craftworlds, Harlequins or Drukhari Stratagems, Warlord Traits and Relics respectively. Note that these units will not, however, gain any of the Detachment abilities listed in their respective codexes (such as The Path of War, Craftworld Attributes, Masque Forms, Drukhari Obsessions, etc.).’

Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Raiding Force   Ynnari Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26 2018, 22:46

I think Count has this right. Raiding Force (extra command points for multiple patrols) is one of the Detachment abilities, so it doesn't work if one or more of the Patrols are Ynnari/Drukhari as per the revised FAQ text.

I'm still confused by the relics and warlord traits. I think they don't work, despite the statement you can use them because the Ynnari characters don't have the relevant keyword to unlock them.

Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Raiding Force   Ynnari Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2018, 02:53

Under the new FAQ, I don’t think they lose DRUKHARI so much as gain YNNARI and lose PfP, which helps with justifying Stratagems and Relics with the additional cost of no Traits.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Raiding Force   Ynnari Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2018, 12:48

The Drukhari models don't lose their keyword as you say, but the members of the Triumvirate don't gain DRUKHARI, and one of them has to be warlord to include them. Then you don't have a Drukhari Warlord, and therefore can't use the relics or traits.

I think that is right, despite the FAQ saying you can use relics and traits.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Raiding Force   Ynnari Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2018, 14:06

The Ynnari rules are an utter mess and GW needs to go back to the drawing board with them if they want them to be a viable faction going forward.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Raiding Force   Ynnari Raiding Force I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2018, 14:50

Despite being allows to use Relics/Stratagems/etc, I think it doesn;t work because its not actually a Drukhari Detachment.
The units retain the keyword Drukhari, but because of the presence of one of thr Triumvirate its not the keyword Drukhari which unites the Detachment. its the keyword Ynnari.
Thus its an Ynnari Detachment, and not a Drukhari one, and only Drukhari ones get the Raiding Force rule.

I think.

The Ynnari rules are a complete mess.
To be honest, my mind is in the place where it would be better to just be rid of them entirely. Let the Triumvirate have either of the other three Aeldari keywords and be done with it that way.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Raiding Force   Ynnari Raiding Force I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari Raiding Force
Page 1 of 1