THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Advent to destruction

Go down 
+21
TheBaconPope
JRG
Archon_91
Denegaar
Skulnbonz
ursvamp
Soulless Samurai
amishprn86
Koldan
The Strange Dark One
Sarcron
AlCorps
fisheyes
albions-angel
Luc1fer
El_Jairo
Rodi Sikni
Seshiru
dumpeal
Kalmah
Grimcrimm
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

Advent to destruction Empty
PostSubject: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02 2020, 16:17

Well with the new codex 2-3 months around the corner(i assume) i figure we could do with telling Old muse vect what we want from the great raid this year.
Fear not if you have already posted this elsewhere as the second part of this discussion is to try our best to see into the future and put those predictions to paper whether likely or goofy i want to see them.

What i want most: Malyss/Trueborn/ Heavy weapons kabalites

What i predict: 1 more artack to mandrakes/ big buffs to non-coven/kabal/cults

melkorthetonedeaf and ursvamp like this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02 2020, 16:46

well, as i already stated elsewhere, here is my list:

-more rooms for our Venoms/Raiders
-revamp for our poison weapon system (i'd love it if it were doing something more than just damage, like adding some debuffs or stuffs like that)
-as mentioned in another topic, a rework for our Power from Pain
-A little bit more love in our HQ department
-Something ''Primarch level of power'' for us, like a model for Vect, but i don't want him to be a beast in combat, but more like something reflecting is cunning and strategies, like a lot of aura to buff our army and abilities allowing us to redeploy or more options for deepstriking.
-to actually feel like a real glass canon!!!!!

Anyway....i can't wait for the release of this Codex! Smile))))))

El_Jairo and ursvamp like this post

Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02 2020, 17:08

I think the easiest way to fix poison is to give us more shots worst case scenario if its too strong against MCs make it only wound them on 5+

Hazy Wych prediction: 10 initiative

Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02 2020, 18:07

The farseer in me has seen into the future

Hazy court of the archon vision: replaced with a single large base model with a slyth, an urghul, a medusae, a lhamean and an archon. It will be much poisonous and put JUST enough melee attacks to blend in with everything else

Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02 2020, 18:40

i gotta admit that the famous court of the archon could indeed receive some love.
i think that first of all, they should feel a little bit more elite, i don't care if they are worth more points, but i want them to truly feel ''we hang with the elite of the elite'', especially when they are supposed to play the role of bodyguard.
now, the way to include them, i truly have no idea what would be the best.....ho and plastic models would really be welcomed!

As we speak, i've purchased at least one of each currently existing model, except for everything regarding the beasts......i really don't get WTF are they doing here? They don't feel Drukhari at all....either remove them from our codex to replace them with something else or just give them a flavour that will make me wanna play them.....

Ho! i've forgot in my shopping list: Scourge to now have the ''Kabal'' keyword.... knowing their lore.....
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02 2020, 19:50

Kalmah wrote:
Ho! i've forgot in my shopping list: Scourge to now have the ''Kabal'' keyword.... knowing their lore.....

Knowing their lore, scourges could have coven keyword.

El_Jairo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02 2020, 20:01

dumpeal wrote:
Kalmah wrote:

Knowing their lore, scourges could have coven keyword.

If we were to follow your idea, EVERY Drukhari should have access to the Coven keyword, if the second an Haemonculi do some experiment on a model it becomes Coven.....Archons should be Coven the second they've been resurected......etc...

At least Scourges are indeed Kabalite Warriors with holed bones and grafted muscles.....i think Kabal would make more senses (note that i would be more than happy to have them in coven....especially with dark technomancer!!.....damn.....just thinking about it.....that would be crazy strong!!)
Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02 2020, 20:26

Honestly should be both i wonder if could get them a role other than "heavy weapons fast attack"

New archon relic: STR 1 AP +7 " the user makes 10 attacks that autowound on hit rolls of 3+ on unmodified 6s to wound do 3 mortal wounds

El_Jairo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2020, 09:42

Burnage's big ol' wishlist for the new Codex:

General Army changes

Kabal obsessions changed to general Drukhari obsessions, allow mixing of all DE units without losing them
More cross-Drukhari abilities
Better relics
Additional character customisation somehow (e.g., Tank Aces/Cryptek Arcana/Pivotal Roles style)

HQ section
Return of our 5th ed special characters
Mobility options for current generic characters
Succubus considerably stronger offensively (change the Archite Glaive, for the love of Vect)
Lelith damage increased
Urien's general wargear improved

Elite section
Return of Trueborn and Bloodbrides
Beastmaster substantially cheaper or more effective
Lhamaean provides poison buff
Medusae provides debuff to enemy
Ur-ghul moved to beasts?
Incubi bodyguard added to Court of the Archon

Troops section
Cheaper in points cost
Break point for increased heavy/special weapon options set to 9 models instead of 10
Wyches receive more attacks
Wracks more durable

Fast Attack section
Hellions -1 to hit, more AP on weapon
Reavers more attacks, more shots
Scourges gain access to a "shoot on deep strike" stratagem
Beasts become a mixed unit, gain substantially in damage

Heavy Support section
Crono gains debuffing aura
Ravager cheaper and more consistent damage
Talos more durable

Transports
Movement speed increase

Realistic predictions:
Possibly most of those except for reintroduced/new units, or units being rearranged into different detachment slots.

El_Jairo, Soulless Samurai and Grimoire like this post

Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2020, 15:17

A solid general list personally i want the court to be a unit again ( i know it would hurt us for survivable scoring) i miss my lhamean squads or as i called them "good wyches"

Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2020, 16:16

With a lot of complaints about our Troops choices, I would like to see some changes that make them better at their roles:

Kabalites: All poison weapons become AP-1.  A heavy weapon can be taken for every five models instead of 10.  Dark light weapons do D3+3 damage against vehicles.

- This would increase the damage output of warriors, allowing two good weapons per Venom or four per Raider.  Harlequins are flying around with every model equipped with a fusion pistol shooting out of their transport so it's necessary for Dark Eldar to close that gap.

Wyches: Can disembark and charge after their transport moves.  A stratagem that allows a charge on 3D6 rather than 2D6.

- I personally think Wyches are fine once they get into combat, they just need some protection on the journey.  They should have benefits to their speed that exist before they make it to the fight phase.  I would also like to see webway Wyches again, and a more reliable charge stratagem would bring that back.

Wracks: 2 wounds each.

- Pretty simple change to really cement their role as objective holders.  

Venoms also need transport capacity increased to 6, because Harlequins currently do DE better than DE.

It's also likely these will be our only CORE units, so make some auras/stratagems that can get really crazy since you wouldn't have to worry about them applying to Grots/Incubi/Talos, etc.

El_Jairo, The Strange Dark One and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2020, 16:33

I miss the HQ's on bikes and skyboards

Wish list would include:
1) Wings and bikes for the Archon, skyboard/bike for the Succubus, and a more modified coven HQ (maybe wings go here)
2) Archon's aura applying while embarked on a transport, even if it only affected those embarked with him/her.
3) Hellion rework

El_Jairo and melkorthetonedeaf like this post

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2020, 16:38

My biggest wish is for psychers or psycher like abilities ... or at the very least a consistent way to interact with the Psychic phase without having to turn to our craftworld brethren, the clowns, or slannesh's replacement (the ynnari)
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2020, 16:39

Excellent suggestions Oaka, nothing is too broken and all can actually add to the value of our units.
Talking of Core units, can't wait to see what units will actually receive this keyword...
Other than our Troops, do you think other units will receive it?
I don't think that any Mercenary will receive it, but the Venoms and Raiders should receive it knowing that they are included in EVERY raid we do.....what i think is the meaning of Core.....
Ravager will probably not receive it, nor Talos, but our tranport i think deserve this keyword.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2020, 16:43

Archon_91 wrote:
My biggest wish is for psychers or psycher like abilities  ... or at the very least a consistent way to interact with the Psychic phase without having to turn to our craftworld brethren, the clowns, or slannesh's replacement (the ynnari)

My biggest dream is that Vect actually find a way to ally with Slaanesh (after all, we are his creator) by providing him every Aeldari (other than Drukhari) we can find, knowing that they are on a mission to destroy Slaanesh.
By doing so, we would not have to be afraid of using our Psychic power anymore!!! That would be simply amazing! also being able to play with Slaanesh units the same way Thousand Sons have access to Tzeentch units Smile
I know i'm asking a lot here......but hey! dream big or go home! Wink
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2020, 16:45

Seshiru wrote:
I miss the HQ's on bikes and skyboards

Wish list would include:
1) Wings and bikes for the Archon, skyboard/bike for the Succubus, and a more modified coven HQ (maybe wings go here)
2) Archon's aura applying while embarked on a transport, even if it only affected those embarked with him/her.
3) Hellion rework

your second point is a MUST!!!!! the aura should be working for other models inside the transport only
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2020, 17:13

Kalmah wrote:

My biggest dream is that Vect actually find a way to ally with Slaanesh (after all, we are his creator) by providing him every Aeldari (other than Drukhari) we can find, knowing that they are on a mission to destroy Slaanesh.

If GW decide to go on this track, I would be so pissed I would probably sell my collection. Dark Eldar never had or never will follow Slaanesh. Even following the Emperor (or Fyodperor) would make more sense than following Slaanesh.
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2020, 17:48

Kalmah wrote:

Talking of Core units, can't wait to see what units will actually receive this keyword...
Other than our Troops, do you think other units will receive it?
I don't think that any Mercenary will receive it, but the Venoms and Raiders should receive it knowing that they are included in EVERY raid we do.....what i think is the meaning of Core.....
Ravager will probably not receive it, nor Talos, but our tranport i think deserve this keyword.

I think we will look like the Necron codex, so Kabalites, Wyches, Wracks, Hellions and Reavers are probably the best candidates for Core units. Transports and vehicles aren't Core specifically to avoid characters hanging out with them. You know, except for Dreadnoughts for some reason.

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2020, 18:52

dumpeal wrote:
Kalmah wrote:

If GW decide to go on this track, I would be so pissed I would probably sell my collection. Dark Eldar never had or never will follow Slaanesh. Even following the Emperor (or Fyodperor) would make more sense than following Slaanesh.

knowing that we live in the same province, if it were to happen, let me know Wink
lol just kidding, i know that what i'm asking here will not happen....and if it happens, i'll go buy a 6/49 (lol probably only you can understand this one! Wink)
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2020, 18:57

I think we will look like the Necron codex, so Kabalites, Wyches, Wracks, Hellions and Reavers are probably the best candidates for Core units.  Transports and vehicles aren't Core specifically to avoid characters hanging out with them.  You know, except for Dreadnoughts for some reason.

[/quote]

Hellions and Reavers would be more than happy! and indeed, i think it does make senses!
God i can't wait for some leaks regarding our soon-to-be Codex Smile
Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04 2020, 10:47

In an optimistic thought i dont think we will interact with the CORE system too much unless Gdubs is being silent about a ton of new items

Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04 2020, 12:07

Grimcrimm wrote:
In an optimistic thought i dont think we will interact with the CORE system too much unless Gdubs is being silent about a ton of new items

I'm actually betting that Ravagers don't gain CORE, so the Writ Battery will be a definite thing of the past.

ursvamp likes this post

Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04 2020, 13:57

Kalmah wrote:
except for everything regarding the beasts......i really don't get WTF are they doing here?
I don't know, part of the Cults? Fighting in the Arena vs exotic beasts, what's there not to like?

I really like the idea of adding more exotic units to our Drukhari Real Raids.

My ultimate dream is to run a Crusade like a Circus: a Circus of Pain.

Yet my experience with GW tells me that they will never make every unit viable enough, for some reasion there always need to be a unit or two that are totaly pointless. Which is quite okay if you have like 30+ units to choose from like Speehz Merengues.

So my Wishlist for this X-mas is:

• Kabal Sniper Troops
  • Infiltrating Troops
  • Kabal Elite shooting units, like Trueborn but also Long Ranged
  • Wyches giving a -1 WS in combat
  • Wyches Elite CC unit, that actually can murder stuff in combat
  • Cult exotic beasts, maybe even something big, the size of an elephant, just for laughs.
  • Poisonous doing something. A Debuff: flat -1WS and BS would be great. So it's no longer just about killing units, but inflicting enough pain, so that they aren't as efficient.
  • Viable options for Ld debuffing strategy
  • Some sort of Pain engine that delivers shooting. Slow to maneuvre but which can deliver a punch vs hordes or tank. With a dispersed and focussed beam option. They may add in some checks that can make it explode. As long as stuff blows up, it's all Power from Pain
  • Power from Pain serious rework. Since all factions have real powerful effects (and with the doctrines really doing something), so that staying alive long enough in the battle enables Drukhari to actually perform.
    It don't know, maybe have T3: gain +1 Strength, T4: gain Toughness +1 and T5: FnP 5+

Last edited by El_Jairo on Fri Dec 04 2020, 15:30; edited 1 time in total

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04 2020, 14:37

without going to far from the actual codex mi wish list to the basic rules of the codex are these:

- splinter weapons fp-1 +1d on 6+ to wound
- general access to drugs, and some new buffs.
- be able to upgrade court units and beastmasters from elite to hq, and give then abilities such as sm chaplains, etc.
- at least, +1 to the transport capacity of the vehicles.

These are my general wish, i think that i don't ask for to much. I don't know what plans have gw for the codex and i don't spect to much, but at least i want feel the sensation of gain something with the new codex, not loosing again habilities, units, options, etc.

ursvamp likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04 2020, 14:38

El-Jairo, i do get it in the lore, but still, they don't feel like real Drukhari units to my taste, but that's only my point of view. i'm not saying they don't deserve their existence, only that i don't feel the urge to play them.
Now, that being said, there's a point you mention in your wishlist: A beast the size of an Elephant.
NOW that is something that i would love, something with the power level of a Daemon Engine à-la Maulerfiend. That way they would bring something really unique to our army, because as they are right now, they are speedy creatures in an already speedy army, so they don't really add-up anything to our ranks.

El_Jairo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advent to destruction
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next