THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Advent to destruction

Go down 
+21
TheBaconPope
JRG
Archon_91
Denegaar
Skulnbonz
ursvamp
Soulless Samurai
amishprn86
Koldan
The Strange Dark One
Sarcron
AlCorps
fisheyes
albions-angel
Luc1fer
El_Jairo
Rodi Sikni
Seshiru
dumpeal
Kalmah
Grimcrimm
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Denegaar
Hellion
Denegaar

Advent to destruction - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23 2020, 19:06

If they weren't obsessed with "always more Marines", we could see the first Xenos codex of 2021 (being Dark Eldar) on February. But they are going to release Dark Angels first, almost for sure.

It's a sad day for me, they told us that the Codex was coming early, and now we'll have to wait for at least a couple more months. I would have prefered not to know about it.
Back to top Go down
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23 2020, 19:12

JRG wrote:
I think March /April is more realistic. Death Guard is Jan and then it makes sense to do any further announced Marine releases. Hopefully they release our codex ahead of the Warzone Charadon book.

February or March. In the article today they wrote that they will release a codex or supplement every month. My bet is February as they also wrote the first two months will be light on releases and AoS is already getting a bigger release in February, so March for the missing marine sets sound more likely.
Back to top Go down
JRG
Hellion
JRG

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23 2020, 19:46

I'd preferred to have not known so early or at least be told the month, saying soon but not when within a 3 -4 timeframe is frustrating 🤣.

At least they have said there are delays so we know not to expect it soon, I believe quite a few of us were hoping for Jan.
Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23 2020, 22:41

I would actually be happy to wait for it.
If it's further off, the bigger the chance is that it's something of a bigger release, modelwise (needing to be pushed up in order to get the space necessary).
So to me a longer wait is an indication of somewhat positive. Even if I understand the frustration, inherent in waiting for something teased, is irritating.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24 2020, 07:49

It being pushed back will not give us a larger or more releases than what was already planned.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24 2020, 08:02

Indeed.
I may have been unclear in my wording; since there is a large fantasy release in february there is little chance of the 40k-release in february to be a large one.
So if we are planned for a february-release that is an indication that it will be a small one.
And if our upcoming release is planned to be larger than it will most probably be pushed back.

That is to say, the scope of the release is already determined. We do not know if it will be small or large. Being scheduled for a later release does not necessarily indicate a large release, but being sheduled for the earliest does indicate a small one.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24 2020, 10:27

amishprn86 wrote:
It being pushed back will not give us a larger or more releases than what was already planned.

One model then.

Denegaar
Hellion
Denegaar

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24 2020, 10:32

We're getting Lelith, and for me that's fine. I like our models, and as long as we get some new options for them, I don't really think we need more.

But it's irritating to waint for 4 months on a teased Codex without anything else. At least they should give us some leaks to theorycraft with Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JRG
Hellion
JRG

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24 2020, 10:38

Such pessimism, we might also get our own custom dice....at a premium price of course. What more could we want.
Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24 2020, 11:01

JRG wrote:
Such pessimism, we might also get our own custom dice....at a premium price of course. What more could we want.

Haha! ^^
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24 2020, 12:07

JRG wrote:

And we probably get our battleforce too, yay. And it probably will be the only way where you can get Lelith for a year or so until she becomes available as a single model.

So, I actually think Lelith as a single HQ will only be available one year from now and will probably cost 40 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24 2020, 12:27

The Strange Dark One wrote:
And it probably will be the only way where you can get Lelith for a year or so .
Or you can buy the lelith model second hand from someone selling their army...
or you could buy the OTHER lelith model third hand from someone who has 6 of them and have been using them as succubi (cough)(cough)

How many Archon iterations have their been? 4? 5?
but we get 3 lelith, 2 drazahar and ZERO Baron, Duke, Lady etc etc etc.

To the gentlemen at GW I say to you... Priorities! We dont need 3 leliths, we need 1 of the others!

melkorthetonedeaf likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
Denegaar
Hellion
Denegaar

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24 2020, 13:42

We just need rules for them! The Drukhari range is good enough to convert whatever we want.

But GW doesn't want to write rules for non existing models... that's lame.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24 2020, 14:00

GW has written rules for nonexistant models recently and put out a conversion guide on how to make it soooooo ... they just don't want to give us nice things ... after all ... we'd terrorize the galaxy with those nice things and we can't have the Speece Muhreens actually struggle to win fights or *gasp* lose
Back to top Go down
JRG
Hellion
JRG

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 21:29

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/12/25/christmas-preview-hedonites-habits-and-hekatarii/

It seems our suspicions have been confirmed. Lilith in plastic available in a battle box with a venom, 10 wyches, 5 scourge and a bunch of.sisters of battle.

If any other model releases were planned they would have been in the box. Just like the indominus box featured new Space Marine and Necron releases.

The silver lining hopefully is.this might mean a earlier release.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27 2020, 18:39

GW Design Room:
"Alright, we've got to design Lilith Somethingoranother."

"Expert duelist, the paragon of physical and martial perfection, etc. etc, yeah."

"The base model looks decent enough, we can probably copy most of it wholesale. What can we change to make it distinct?"

"Let's uh...I dunno, give her abs maybe? And a massive head of hair, why not."

"Yeah, sure. How do we represent her peerless agility?"

"You know that one Eldar rune rock we made?"

"The one we used for 90% of the Harlequin line?"

"That's the one. Let's just have her jumping off of that, we can just copy one of the poses from the Troupe kit to make it easier."

"Brilliant. So abs, big hair, elf rock, set someone on it. Moving on, I have this great idea for a new Ultramarines Lieutenant..."

Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27 2020, 23:29

The Iyanden guardian on the base is a confusing choice, isn't Lelith supposed to be a main character in Ynnari? Is it a dead ally that she's draining for Strength from Death? Is it a vanquished foe that she's dragging along to an engagement against Sisters of Battle?
Back to top Go down
melkorthetonedeaf
Hellion
melkorthetonedeaf

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29 2020, 02:43

10 wyches fit in a venom confirmation

Hellion
Dreadblizzaard

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29 2020, 09:11

All good points. Love the post baconpope, I've wondered how they came up with things for years, think your about spot on.

Speaking for myself, I have a huge DE army already, from when it's last release. Lots of metal, some fine crap grrr, lots of plastic. I really like my metal Lelith so plastic one, while pretty, not high on my list. Also have about 80 or so wyches, 6 venoms but only 20 scourge so the 5 in the box maybe.

I also have a nice sisters army already. The palatine is a for sure, the immo since I don't have one yet and another retributors squad would make 2. So the box set is kinda lack luster but I think an over all good deal for anyone starting either army.

My old name was *Blackdeath* I love you alien
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29 2020, 15:02

Dreadblizzaard wrote:
So the box set is kinda lack luster but I think an over all good deal for anyone starting either army.

Maybe sisters, but for DE it comes completely down to the price. It really needs better value than the Start Collecting box. Unless her rules are amazing, Lelith alone isn't a good argument for a beginner.

Always good to have spare Scourge parts, though. They are the best box for special weapons.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29 2020, 15:07

The Strange Dark One wrote:
Dreadblizzaard wrote:
So the box set is kinda lack luster but I think an over all good deal for anyone starting either army.

Maybe sisters, but for DE it comes completely down to the price. It really needs better value than the Start Collecting box. Unless her rules are amazing, Lelith alone isn't a good argument for a beginner.

Always good to have spare Scourge parts, though. They are the best box for special weapons.

I'm actually guessing it's going to be very similar in price to Blood of the Phoenix. An Exorcist by itself is £50 at RRP...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advent to destruction   Advent to destruction - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advent to destruction
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4