THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How Might Drukhari Resilience Change?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

How Might Drukhari Resilience Change? Empty
PostSubject: How Might Drukhari Resilience Change?   How Might Drukhari Resilience Change? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10 2020, 17:25

GW dropped the new Death Guard rule for Disgustingly Resilient, which replaces a 5+++ save with -1 damage.

How Might Drukhari Resilience Change? DrnboEwO8nsaTukN

With the changes to Necron reanimation protocols taken in mind, I think we are seeing a move away from feel no pain rolls to a certain extent.  It may be an attempt to have less dice be rolled in a game, or a way for mortal wounds to be more effective.

So how can we predict this would alter our current codex?  First, we have Inured to Suffering- an armywide 6+++.  Iron Hands kept their 6+++ doctrine, so it may not be automatic that we would lose ours.  It seems like saves of 5+++ or greater are being eliminated.  If we were to lose this, what could an alternative be?  The Forgeworld Wraithseer introduced a new mechanic of counting weapons with AP-1 as AP0.  It's not very good, but it's something that I could see being implemented.  Even an across the board reduction of one AP on all weapons would be a nerf, but that would come closer to replacing the 1/6 chance of shrugging off a wound for some units.  The obvious problem is Wyches in combat wouldn't benefit, nor would Mandrakes or Wracks.

Which brings us to Coven.  I am expecting a change here as I can see the frustration in my opponents when I'm rolling 4++ then 6+++ against everything.  I think we are going to lose one of the two rolls, somehow.  If Wracks get bumped up to 2W each, then I can see a replacement similar to the death guard where Coven may lose one of those rolls for a -1 damage reduction.  It's hard to imagine losing an invulnerable save on Wracks and Grotesques, though, without an increase in armor save.

Am I reading too much into the Necron and Death Guard changes?

ursvamp likes this post

Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: How Might Drukhari Resilience Change?   How Might Drukhari Resilience Change? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11 2020, 14:21

Oaka wrote:

Am I reading too much into the Necron and Death Guard changes?

Yes.

lol!

While we may get changes, i don't think you can look at the deathguard or necrons for an idea of what those changes may be. Just look at how different those two examples are in their change an impact.

It would surprise me less to see the change to the bump in invul save for prophets of flesh than a change to our feel no pain.

My second main army is blood angels, and there was no change to their feel no pain rules.

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: How Might Drukhari Resilience Change?   How Might Drukhari Resilience Change? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11 2020, 18:34

Looking to much into it for sure.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Might Drukhari Resilience Change?   How Might Drukhari Resilience Change? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Might Drukhari Resilience Change?
Page 1 of 1