THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dweebazoid
Slave
Dweebazoid

Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed Empty
PostSubject: Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed   Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26 2021, 12:13

Heyy everyone!

Was just hoping some others might've had a similar idea or have the perfect way to paint up kabal and wyches as someone from House Greyjoy or by using house Greyjoy colours (black and yellow). I'm having a really hard time picturing on how to do it. So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed   Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26 2021, 14:23

Well yellow is a very hard colour to paint. Are you thinking you want the Yellow to be the predominant colour? or the black?

If you wanted yellow, then I would prime in black. Paint the main armour plates as yellow with black undersuit etc. Your guns etc. could similarly be black, and I would also do any plumes on the helmets black etc. If you go this way, I would go for a more muted yellow. I guess the other option would be to go with a yellow contrast paint to get the armour done. So then you'd prime in one of the contrast primers, and then just need to paint the black parts on that.

If you wanted black as the predominant colour, then what I would do is prime the whole model black, and then do a dry brush (or edge highlight, depending on what suits you) in 2 shades of yellow on the armour plates. Think of the black heart colour scheme, but switch the Kabalite Green and Sybarite Green with yellows. In this scheme, I'd have to think about what to do any of the plumes on helmets and what colour for the wyches hair. Presumably a contrast to the yellow, so something like a muted purplish black maybe?

I think I would go with option 2 myself, and I think for sure I would follow this sort of technique for your vehicles in either case.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed   Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26 2021, 14:25

Or maybe something like this with a more muted, sandy yellow. Just swap the green in the image for black.

Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed _0005_warhammer-40k-dark-eldar-army-for-sale

Last edited by Silverglade on Tue Jan 26 2021, 15:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed   Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26 2021, 15:04

This one is slick too. Change the orange to a yellow.

Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed Tale-of-2-warlords-final-1
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed   Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26 2021, 15:55

Silverglade, does the units in yellow and green (1st picture) are yours????? cause damn they look fantastic!!! the paint job is just astonishing!
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed   Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2021, 01:14

Nope. I wish!!! I agree they are awesome. Just came up when i was searching for Drukhari yellow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed   Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting advice - House Greyjoy themed
Page 1 of 1