THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Your Twisted Minded Sister arrived

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatPlaything
Slave
ThatPlaything

Your Twisted Minded Sister arrived Empty
PostSubject: Your Twisted Minded Sister arrived   Your Twisted Minded Sister arrived I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2021, 02:05

Hello there, fellow Kin! I'm glad to be here!
I've got many names during these long years, there are ones I can't even remember, and ones I never really heard of... but you! ~ you can call me Twinfang. Yes, I think, this one gonna do the trick. Twinfang! Okay, I won't be that stern, you can call me "That Plaything" if you want to - oh, how degrading... you don't know the story behind it, don't you? ... Good! Keep it in that way.

What could I say? - I'm not the master of introductions. Oh, why, you ask? Because I never had to, usually my blades speaks for the cause. But in this case, I can make an exception. An exceptional exception...

I'm a young girl who currently living in Central Europe, Hungary (no, I'm not hungry - come on! I can see your thoughts), and got swallowed by the Warhammer world long years ago. Especially the lore part was what captured me so hard! I really enjoy reading the Codexes, the Novels and literally anything what is related to the Warhammer 40k, AoS or Fantasy World. I admit (though never really planned to hide) I'm 'kin-da' possessed with Drukhari and Slaanesh (*shh*), so I won't reveal a big secret with saying that I planning to get my own sweet-butt miniatures in the future from similar fractions, then build up my own armies. (And a DE harem - because I need a DE male harem! Ahah!) So I you have any suggestion for someone who just crave for start creating their own army, don't hesitate to share with me! I'd appreciate it so much. (Same true in Novels', Short Stories' case as well!)

But 'til then? I have other plans. I have lot of books to read, and several Drukhari (and some other characters) who I love so much; and because of this distorted affection, in the future I'd like to create many quality and authentic portrait and painting of these guys (both in Digital form and using canvases + oil paint) - I'm an artist, after all! And sometimes, I feel like some of these great characters have no enough attention and proper artworks of them. Now I really want to manifest them with the greatest look and even the purrfect manifestation of their twisted personality (Sliscus Dear? Space Daddy Vect? Fellow Sarnak? - we gonna have a realy fun!).

How I ended up here?
I just found an amazing story on the platform: [ The Torturer's Tale ]
Then I decided to join, weeks after I've visited back to refresh my memories, again.
There is a lot of things what I have to find here, lot of things, topics to explore, so bear with me 'til then!
(...and if I'd ask anything stupid, just slap me with a URL, rather than start explaining what you already did before, thousand times)

Was I able to do a proper "introduction" for Your respects, dear Kins? ... Excellent! Do you have a question? A stray little thought? Don't hesitate to ask me. I'm glad to be Home!

DOGGED, Kalmah and Krethaq like this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Your Twisted Minded Sister arrived   Your Twisted Minded Sister arrived I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2021, 13:29

Welcome to our glorious hidden city Thatplaything! What a theatrical entry you got there!
Indeed you're made from the same artistic poetry that make up our Haemonculus mind!
It will be a joy to follow your work, especially regarding the canvas and portraits!

As for the proper models sculpting, you will have a lot of fun as we have a very good variety in the look and forms of our models. Soon we will receive our new codex (so more reading! Smile )
Sadly for you we are one of the only faction who use woman's for warfarin so if you want a male-only army it will be harder, but you seem to be an open-minded girl Wink

Do you already own any models or not at all?
For sure a Start Collecting! is one or the best and cheapest way to start off an army (not the best units, but some good stuffs like the Reavers and Venom and who knows what awaits us in our next codex) and we probably will receive a Combat Patrol box (equivalent to the Start Collecting but a little bit bigger and expansive).

All in all, welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
ThatPlaything
Slave
ThatPlaything

PostSubject: Re: Your Twisted Minded Sister arrived   Your Twisted Minded Sister arrived I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30 2021, 01:07

Thank your for your warm welcome, Kalmah! I can't help but do my best to serve a proper show up in our beloved Dark City, which... just became much darker with my presence, isn't it? Good.

Quote :
It will be a joy to follow your work, especially regarding the canvas and portraits!

I'm glad to hear that! I hope my work doesn't gonna be a disappointment for you.

Oh, dear me, I don't even know where should I start and with which favorite of mine. I have several books, stories, novels what I collected in the near past (and keep up the hunting of them) to read them, but I've struggling a bit with setting up the order of these books. I have no idea where should I start; maybe I should pick the shorter stories at first? That sounds pretty logical, however maybe I'm kinda impatient, because some of these guys are appears in longer novels

Quote :
As for the proper models sculpting, you will have a lot of fun as we have a very good variety in the look and forms of our models. Soon we will receive our new codex (so more reading!)

That's sounds promising! I don't want to lose the release - however I have some unquestionably special skills in that, which is actually not the best quality of a good hunter (but an apex hunter can let herself such a things, she don't have to hurry, right?).
― And if we're talking about codexes, well... I should put my hands on some older ones, because I know I can find some tasty informations of Drukhari and of my favored guys overall, which would help me a lot in creating their glorious portrait. I must explore and understand them to be able to create the most quality portrait of them, right? (How could I dare to create an unperfect one?) Aaaand their style. However, I think I gonna have a little struggle with figuring out Sliscus' style, and he... probably gonna be mad at me because of that. Very Happy

Quote :
Sadly for you we are one of the only faction who use woman's for warfarin so if you want a male-only army it will be harder, but you seem to be an open-minded girl

Wait, what? Really!? Hmmm. So... my ambicious plans of the future got destroyed with a single sentence. How unpleasant discovery. But no worry, I can handle this, you see it well! The promise of victory, abundant booty and new slaves are always enough reason to change my plans. But before I could't get into the game, I still have time to collect miniatures for fun, to entertain myself, so... I can focus on male ones, right? *Don't get me wrong, I just really like their style*

I think I had some Codex before in form of PDF files, but I think that even if would be a pleasure to have them in this way again, it couldn't satisfy me enough at this point.

Quote :
Do you already own any models or not at all?

I feel myself so uncomfortable because of it, but I have to admit that no, I have no models at all. However I always craved for them, and for their paintings. I couldn't descreibe how much I did and still do feel in this way.

Why I can't get miniatures (and even codexes), well.. the main problem was the money, by the way. Since my country is very poor, and my family was as well. Now this is changed, and I can feel and see how we reach higher and higher levels and better financial stability, so... if I succeed, I can finally start to manifest my affection towards Warhammer 40k, Drukhari and Slaanesh, which is a kind of "dream" in my life.

I do have some amazing accessories at least (clothing, necklaces and other items), but it's just the beginning! I don't know how strong "we are" right now, but even if the answer would be something like: "well, not so much, mate" - that wouldn't stop me to step on this path. I'm quite dedicated to this faction. I couldn't do the same if I would have to do this with a faction I can't identify with, I'm very picky... terribly picky and problematic in this terms, but bear with me. Very Happy

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Your Twisted Minded Sister arrived   Your Twisted Minded Sister arrived I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01 2021, 12:56

happy to hear that your financial situation is improving! But you don't have to feel shameful for not owning a single model! this game is ridiculously expansive (everything is relative but you do get the point). The Drukharis right now are more or less in a good spot. The fact is that this army is insanely good in good hands, but suck as hell if you don't know what you're doing......so its all about the learning curve.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Your Twisted Minded Sister arrived   Your Twisted Minded Sister arrived I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01 2021, 20:55

Welcome to Commoragh, @ThatPlaything.

I look forward to seeing some of this "Art" that you are talking about. Always interested to see if it will drown out the screams Wink

May all your dungeons be dark and your corridors dank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Twisted Minded Sister arrived   Your Twisted Minded Sister arrived I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Twisted Minded Sister arrived
Page 1 of 1