THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesse
Slave
Jesse

Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme Empty
PostSubject: Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme   Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 10:03

I am new to miniature painting having only painted 21 space marine minis and I am looking to get into Drukhari as the upcoming combat patrol box is a great deal and full of units that I like, especially the incubi. For the color scheme I want to go for a red leaning purple color so screamer pink base and pink horror for highlights, along with painting other details gold, is what I am thinking of using for the armor of both the kabalites and the Incubi, the thing is i am unsure what color and what technique would be best to paint the lines on the incubi masks and the runes on their klaives.

Also advice on what paints would be good for painting the cloth found on the kabalite warrior armor and the ribbons on the incubi as well as the sails on the raider and ravager would be good too.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme   Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 12:49

Consider this instead: A Pink Horror base with Emperor's Children highlights, and then layer Volupus Pink all over that. Try it on a base first, to see if you like it!

For contrast you can paint the details (like masks, ribbons, glowing eyes, and so on) with a deep mid-blue like Caledor Sky or even Kabalite Green. You're looking for something with a contrasting hue AND a contrasting tone.

These are just ideas, of course Smile
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Slave
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme   Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22 2021, 15:17

Barking Agatha wrote:
Consider this instead: A Pink Horror base with Emperor's Children highlights, and then layer Volupus Pink all over that. Try it on a base first, to see if you like it!

For contrast you can paint the details (like masks, ribbons, glowing eyes, and so on) with a deep mid-blue like Caledor Sky or even Kabalite Green. You're looking for something with a contrasting hue AND a contrasting tone.

Thank you very much for the recommendation! I do like the idea of Caladory Sky and Kabalite Green for the details.
If I may ask, what makes you recommend pink horror base instead of screamer pink?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme   Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25 2021, 12:37

I used somewhat similiar for my cloaks

Pink is good over purple, to highlight it.

Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme 20210311

I recommend it, it looks great. Used Valejo Hexed Lichen and Valejo Warlord Purple. Highlight - Hexed Lichen + White

Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme 20210312

Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme   Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25 2021, 17:53

Jesse wrote:
If I may ask, what makes you recommend pink horror base instead of screamer pink?

Because Volupus Pink over Pink Horror looks a lot like Screamer Pink, but more intense. But try it on a base first, in case you don't like it Smile
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme   Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2021, 21:53

Barking Agatha wrote:

I can confirm that Pink Horror and Emperor's Children makes a very good combination. But I never thought of using Volupus Pink, that sounds like it could become really awesome.

If you want something that is slightly more red, I really like how one dude used Khorne Red + Agrax Earthshade: https://www.reddit.com/r/Drukhari/comments/lq6633/ynnari_klaivex_finished/

Personally, I love mixing Screamer Pink with highlighted Sotek Green (but I use Screamer Pink as secondary color). Maybe this will help you a little:

Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme 2a5dhpi1t7l61

Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme Aw6ye3tyejb61

Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme C1o2nlkr75561

(I swear, I'm gonna make a project log eventually)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme   Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for advice on a mainly screamer pink color scheme
Page 1 of 1