THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

how much does a venon really cost?

Go down 
+11
amishprn86
Stolensoul
Karr4x
Count Adhemar
mynamelegend
DevilDoll
CptMetal
Soulless Samurai
fisheyes
Skulnbonz
velaresh
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

how much does a venon really cost? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: how much does a venon really cost?    how much does a venon really cost? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18 2021, 16:52

Stolensoul wrote:
Sorry for a bit of grave-digging, it's just now I've found my way back to the Darkcity.
I'd argue that it's actually intended to cost 75 points with 2 SC-s, because the basic price is 65 and +10 part represents a certain option, not some real-market-wargear-price. The option here is to replace twin splinter rifle with and additional Splinter Cannon.

Thats not how points work, there are many examples in other new books that you have to pay for "must take" gear. The rules literally state at the top of the points pages that You pay for anything with points.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: how much does a venon really cost?    how much does a venon really cost? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18 2021, 17:41

This does seem to be different per edition though. Whatever GW intended, they should make it more clear, because it just isn't.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: how much does a venon really cost?    how much does a venon really cost? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19 2021, 22:46

IDK, i thought it was very clear when they said if no points its free, if there are points its not free.

The problem is most DE players has not seen the other books and has not seen that other units has gear that are must take but also cost points, we only have 1 unit like that (the Venom) so it throws them off.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Lector27
Slave
Lector27

PostSubject: Re: how much does a venon really cost?    how much does a venon really cost? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30 2021, 17:10

Well, the FAQ has finally dropped and no mention of this issue 😡 - I’m pretty torn myself, as comparisons to other built-in wargear that have a price tag such as terminator power fist are not quite the same, as these all seem to have these listed bc there are free options that the Power Fist (or equivalent) could be replaced by, thus clarifying a difference which obviously makes separating the 5 points for the Power Fist necessary - and this is not the case with the Venom bc u cannot replace the first splinter cannon.

In a realm where even the 10 pt Reavers (which was so obviously a misprint) needed to be clarified officially, this conundrum concerns me, as I could see opposing rulings supported very easily...
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: how much does a venon really cost?    how much does a venon really cost? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30 2021, 17:20

if i look at the GW app, it is pretty clear that the basic Splinter Canon cost 10pts, so at a minimum your Venom will be 75pts, and then an additional 10pts for a second Splinter Canon

i do understand the gripping, i think it would just as been simpler if they raised the cost of venom already at 75 instead of 65 but let the first SC be ''free'' as the cost would already be in the model's base points, thus the same result, but less confusion
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: how much does a venon really cost?    how much does a venon really cost? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30 2021, 17:25

At this point, I'm inclined just to take twin splinter cannon venoms at 85 pts, but I still think that we should continue to pester GW for a clarification. After all, we're apparently 'S Tier' at the moment, so I don't care about 10 pts... but I would like a definitive answer eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how much does a venon really cost?    how much does a venon really cost? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how much does a venon really cost?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2