THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question

Go down 
+9
Vailex
Skulnbonz
Cerve
Yziel
fisheyes
HERO
sweetbacon
harlokin
velaresh
13 posters
AuthorMessage
velaresh
Hellion
velaresh

Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question Empty
PostSubject: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13 2021, 10:16

for a competitive list you prefer a single detachment of realspace raiders to have 12 command points? Or spend 2 to include Drazar +1 Agony Alliance in a patrol and another for an extra Relic for the Succubus? What would be to start instead of with 12 with 8 cp
Back to top Go down
harlokin
Kabalite Warrior
harlokin

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13 2021, 10:30

I don't wish to sound like 'that guy', but I wouldn't take a Realspace Raid for a competitive list. It doesn't seem that shoehorning little bit of Kabal, Cult, and Coven together is a particularly strong option.

If I had to take a RR, I'd pay the CP to take Drazhar.

Kabal of the Mon-Keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues
Cult of Veiled Malice
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13 2021, 10:32

Most competitive lists I've seen do not run Realspace Raiders so I can't really steal from other peoples ideas this time. I'd definitely get the Succubus a relic regardless they are so good.

It might come down to if you run Incubi and how many, he's good on his own but I'm not sure he's worth that many CP unless you get a lot of milage out of his aura.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13 2021, 14:56

Personally I take Patrols rather than RSRs and I take Drazhar in one of those patrols, usually as the Warlord. You start with 14CP less any that you want to spend on pre-game stratagems, which is better than a RSR, and you can have Drazh as your Warlord if you wish, which you can't with an RSR.

sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13 2021, 15:41

The correct answer is, of course, Drazhar. Always. And triple patrol if you’re building a competitive list or trying to anyways.

Cerve and Swordxart like this post

Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13 2021, 16:09

I don't look at lists without Drazhar.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13 2021, 17:57

Dont forget the additional cost of the Realspace Raid, you cant use the CoS strats, which are amazing.

Ive ran him a few times now, and he dies really quick each time. Considering switching him out for a Master Archon with Eternal Hatred/Djin Blade, because he would kill+die the exact same amount for 25% less points.

But that is due to my misplays. Next time Ill just YOLO one of my succubi in first and let Drazhar be late game.

I do think there are specific builds that would work without him, but 99% of the time take Drazhar. The model also looks good Wink
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13 2021, 23:02

I'm running Drazhar as my warlord, and I'm not into change this soon, so....yeah, I guess you got what I think about him lol.

I would not play the Raid at all for now anyway
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 13:46

With how crazy good Succubi are now, IDK if i even care to take him, yes he is way stronger, but do i need a single power house S+ tier model, or 2 semi insane models at A++ tier for less points?

I love him, but I can not justify him being the WL to get a WL trait when CoS supplement is so freaking good. That means I have to take him without a WL trait, so why even bother?

For comp for me, i am not taking, for casual more fun games I will.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 16:21

Be real careful when making him your Warlord. There are a lot of restrictions built into our new codex. Like you can only take Relics from your Warlords sub-faction (unless you take a Realspace Raid), so no fancy Kabal/Cult Relics if he is your Warlord (even if you use Tolerated Ambition/Alliance of Agony to get more WLTs).
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 16:30

fisheyes wrote:
Be real careful when making him your Warlord. There are a lot of restrictions built into our new codex. Like you can only take Relics from your Warlords sub-faction (unless you take a Realspace Raid), so no fancy Kabal/Cult Relics if he is your Warlord (even if you use Tolerated Ambition/Alliance of Agony to get more WLTs).

Where does it say that? I can't see anything of the kind in the codex.

The Strange Dark One and Tzeentch4Life like this post

Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 17:02

The only restriction I can find is that your Warlord has to be a Drukhari character.Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question Screen10

That picture turned out larger than expected and I don't know how to adjust it, sorry xD

The Strange Dark One and Tzeentch4Life like this post

Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 22:02

Yes there are no blocks on relics if you take Drazhar as a warlord.

Anyway, being serious, he IS competitive (of course, even undercosted), but it's not mandatory. You can play without him.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 22:07

Can you take Hatred Eternal on an archon in another detachment if Drazahar is the warlord, and already has it?

Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 22:36

Skulnbonz wrote:
Can you take Hatred Eternal on an archon in another detachment if Drazahar is the warlord, and already has it?

No, Traits are limited 1x army

In my build he is the warlord because the build itself is weird: triPatrol, Rose-DarkCreed-Strife, Drazhar-MHaemi-MSucc.
If you make Drazhar Warlord you can buy 2 other traits with 2CPs (I take Whip+PreciseBlows anyway so I'm fine with CoS limits).
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16 2021, 16:41

I would not expect his +1 to wound aura to work on him after an FAQ though. So there is that against him.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16 2021, 16:48

Vailex wrote:
I would not expect his +1 to wound aura to work on him after an FAQ though.  So there is that against him.

I'm not so sure. There's simply no way that this wasn't picked up by playtesters (or if it wasn't then GW need new playtesters) so I'm inclined to believe it's working as intended.

Swordxart likes this post

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16 2021, 17:30

Some heroes auras in 9th does and are suppose to work with themselves, I see no reason why Drazhar wasn't meant to work with himself.

Swordxart likes this post

Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17 2021, 11:54

fisheyes wrote:
Dont forget the additional cost of the Realspace Raid, you cant use the CoS strats, which are amazing.

Ive ran him a few times now, and he dies really quick each time. Considering switching him out for a Master Archon with Eternal Hatred/Djin Blade, because he would kill+die the exact same amount for 25% less points.

But that is due to my misplays. Next time Ill just YOLO one of my succubi in first and let Drazhar be late game.

I do think there are specific builds that would work without him, but 99% of the time take Drazhar. The model also looks good Wink

Thats strange i had the exact opposite experience... He did not die in any of my post codex games.
I mean with his toughness 4 save 2+ 4++ and -1 damage he is pretty durable what did you put him up against..? Knights?
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17 2021, 11:56

amishprn86 wrote:
With how crazy good Succubi are now, IDK if i even care to take him, yes he is way stronger, but do i need a single power house S+ tier model, or 2 semi insane models at A++ tier for less points?

I love him, but I can not justify him being the WL to get a WL trait when CoS supplement is so freaking good. That means I have to take him without a WL trait, so why even bother?

For comp for me, i am not taking, for casual more fun games I will.

Why not both?
I mean all my lists basically contain drazhar as warlord , 2 crazy succubi with tolerated ambitions and an archon with djin blade...

I think we have been given extremely strong characters this edition and we should capitalize on that
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17 2021, 17:02

You can not have CoS supplement without CoS WL, the stratagems is what makes it good, not just the WL/Relics.

Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17 2021, 18:49

amishprn86 wrote:
You can not have CoS supplement without CoS WL, the stratagems is what makes it good, not just the WL/Relics.

That is incorrect you just need a cos detachment to use the supplement stuff

amishprn86 likes this post

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18 2021, 16:50

DevilDoll wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:

That is incorrect you just need a cos detachment to use the supplement stuff

Re-reading the first rule of CoS supplement i miss read a small part lol.

Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18 2021, 17:56

Everyone is going bonkers over the Succubus (rightfully so) but when you slide in Drazhar and his massive damage potential, people will sometimes look past him and realize he is a serious threat. I have not excluded him in any game thus far and he is truly a monster. A must-have in your list imo. I make him my Warlord simply to put him over the top.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question   Drazar or not Drazar?   That Is the Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drazar or not Drazar? That Is the Question
Page 1 of 1