THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Big fan of the new Lilith model

Go down 
+2
harlokin
LordSplata
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

Big fan of the new Lilith model Empty
PostSubject: Big fan of the new Lilith model   Big fan of the new Lilith model I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21 2021, 11:51

Now that I’ve got her and put her together, I gotta say it’s a pretty nice model. Great movement and action in the pose. Leith as well. Really leaping and turning off the rock.

And then I tried to take a photo.... and there just isn’t an angle that works for it. The foreshortening and the singular perspective from the lens just makes her look stocky.

Anyone else found they like it after getting it?
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Big fan of the new Lilith model   Big fan of the new Lilith model I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25 2021, 07:03

I don't know that I'm a big fan of it, but it's actually pretty good. Her legs don't look like they're made out of bowling balls and her face doesn't look like she's sending an army of flying monkeys after Dorothy and Toto.

I still prefer the previous model by miles and miles tho.
Back to top Go down
harlokin
Kabalite Warrior
harlokin

PostSubject: Re: Big fan of the new Lilith model   Big fan of the new Lilith model I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25 2021, 11:03

I agree. I bought the new Lelith model cheapish on ebay, and to my surprise she doesn't actually look any Orkier than the old model. It must be a combination of bad camera angles, and an unflattering painting style on GW's part.

Kabal of the Mon-Keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues
Cult of Veiled Malice
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Big fan of the new Lilith model   Big fan of the new Lilith model I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 07:04

Okay, now that I've finished painting the new model I have to say nah. She's okay, but I'm not a big fan.

What I do like: Unlike what the official model would lead you to think, her face is actually very pretty and she isn't nearly as thick-limbed as she looks in the photo.

On the other hand:

a) The previous model looks wiry and athletic, like a killer ballerina. The new one may not be as muscle-bound as she looks in the GW photo, but she's no Degas.

b) In the previous model, her hair is bound into a long scrunchie with a big mane falling naturally down to her shoulders. It blows in the wind, but it has weight. The new model has gravity-defying hair that is only attached to the model at that narrow point. It will snap off if you're not careful.

c) It's a personal preference, but the old model had an expression and attitude of superiority and disdain that fit the character. The new model is just going raaargh. That doesn't give her a unique character, everyone in 40K goes raaaargh.

d) Assembly: the pieces did not fit properly. I had to do a lot of filling in with green stuff.

e) The fiddly bit that goes on her shoulder and the chain bit hanging from her waist are just bad. The detail on them is awful.

f) Also, the fiddly bit on her shoulder covers her face unless you angle it juuuust right, and even then still covers about half of it. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

g) And oh yes, her feet are weird.

If I absolutely had to guess, she feels like a model that was in the process of being designed but wasn't quite ready yet, until some higher-up decided that she was good enough and produced her as she is.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Big fan of the new Lilith model   Big fan of the new Lilith model I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 14:12

I purchased her yesterday alongside a Be-Lakor for my CD of Tzeentch army.

For my part, i do not own the old Lelith, so no sentimental attachment or nostalgia for me, and i gotta say that i really love the NEW model.
People always complain about the static pose of the Archon, and now this one is SOOOOOOOO active, that's just amazing.
If i compare the pictures from GW of the old and new one, for my part, i MUCH prefer the new one.
She really feels athletic and ninja-esque in comparison to the old one with no inspired pose at all.
People talk about the details.......the details are world apart when you look at the new model in comparison to the old one......i don't own the old one, i can only refer to the picture from GW......but seriously for me the choice is really easy when i compare both of them.

Even before knowing that the new model was coming, i never intended to buy the old Lelith because i finded her.............uninspired and ugly :/ (but that's my opinion, and i know opinions are not reality and i totally understand the attachment people may have with the old model Wink )
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Big fan of the new Lilith model   Big fan of the new Lilith model I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 17:24

So, to sum up, every point I made about the new Lelith model is stupid and I'm just blinded by sentimental attachment and nostalgia. Got it.

So her feet are not weird? I didn't have trouble fitting the model together? The chains are fine? The ugly bit doesn't cover her face? I  imagined all of that because I'm a silly old square who can't get hip to the new jive, baby?

You have a funny way of being really insulting without directly insulting anyone, and it is not charming.

For what it's worth, here is the Lelith that I painted. It's probably not up to your high standards, but I did put a lot of effort into her:

Big fan of the new Lilith model Lelith10

Big fan of the new Lilith model Lelith12
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Big fan of the new Lilith model   Big fan of the new Lilith model I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 18:28

Dude, you painted an actual face on her... face...

Well done sir!

And I agree. This model is much better than the old one.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Big fan of the new Lilith model   Big fan of the new Lilith model I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 18:50

....@Barking Agatha......seriously??.......SERIOUSLY?????
i tried to clearly state that it's only MY opinion.......you do understand what is an opinion??
I only expressed MY vision if i prefer this model over the other........if i get it right YOU are the only one who's right here and everyone else is wrong?
I never ever had your comment in mind when writing mine, so please, chill out a little.

and btw, to show you that i've nothing against you, i really love the pictures of your new Lelith, the work on the base is really nice! And seriously the face is even better looking than what i would have thought. Seriously she seems to have fun rather than being enraged as shown on the box (and flavorwise that's the expression she should have).

So again, sorry if i offended you, but know that it never was my intention.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Big fan of the new Lilith model   Big fan of the new Lilith model I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 20:01

fisheyes wrote:
Dude, you painted an actual face on her... face...

Well done sir!

And I agree. This model is much better than the old one.

Is that an honest mistake, or are you being mean to me?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Big fan of the new Lilith model   Big fan of the new Lilith model I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22 2021, 15:36

Not being mean, honestly impressed with your face painting skill. You got the eyeballs, lips, an actual expression on the face that doesnt look "derpy"

I cant get faces to work, so I give up and just drybrush different layers of flesh-tones and call it a day.

I like your model.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Big fan of the new Lilith model   Big fan of the new Lilith model I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22 2021, 23:18

New model is fine. My problem with it is that its not Lelith. GW took all the lore of her and through it out the window. This looks like a HGH monster (literally no joke, as someone in the fitness world as my day job go look up "Insulin Gut" and you'll see what I mean).

Problem 2 with what most DE has is. We already had a good Lelith model and most DE players wanted a MISSING HQ, like Vect, Baron, Duke, or just an HQ on Bike/Skyboard/Wings. Which hurts, it hurts so badly when we have been asking for 10yrs (yes 10yrs) for these models and GW says "Hey here is a new DE HQ model, its Lelith!" but we already had a good model for her, just convert it to plastic if you don't want fine cast. Also 2a) More people wanted plastic Grots and Mandrakes than a new plastic Lelith.

Its nice that you like it, but the hate for it, is not really about nostalgia at all.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big fan of the new Lilith model   Big fan of the new Lilith model I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big fan of the new Lilith model
Page 1 of 1