THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dedicated transport from other detachment

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Patayou
Hellion
Patayou

Dedicated transport from other detachment Empty
PostSubject: Dedicated transport from other detachment   Dedicated transport from other detachment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26 2021, 18:21

Hello everyone,

I wanted to try something and I need to know if the rules allow it.

I'm thinking of bringing some wyches (cursed blade) and putting them in a raider BUT I want to take that raider as a dedicated transport for my kabalites warriors (black heart). I'm thinking of doing this so the raider could benefit from "thirst for power" (black heart) and advance and charge turn 1 (because of the power from pain +1). That way, the wyches could "safely" disembark next turn if I managed to charge the rader into something non-threatening in melee.

Can units start the game in a dedicated transport that is listed in another detachment ? I haven't found anything on this and I wanted to make sure before I bring it to the table.

I'm also curious to see what you think of this particular strategy. I'm fairly new to the game so don't hesitate to tell me if you think this is a dumb idea.

In the same vein, could I embark some warriors in a dark technomancer raider with a disintegrator cannon for example ? and can they deploy in it ?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated transport from other detachment   Dedicated transport from other detachment I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26 2021, 18:54

Totally fine. There is no such thing as "Dedicated Transport" now, only that when list building you must have an infantry unit for each transport you take in that detachment.

My Raiders are all in my Cursed Blade Wych cult, giving them +1Str, taking them to Str8 for squidging Marines, but my Venom is in Poisoned Tongue for the poison buff on the Splinter cannon/rifles.

My Raiders are taken with my Succubus, my Wych Squad and my Hellions, but get used by my Haemy and my Kabalites.
My Venom is for the Incubi.

So yes, exactly what you wanted!
Back to top Go down
Patayou
Hellion
Patayou

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated transport from other detachment   Dedicated transport from other detachment I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27 2021, 19:44

I see, thanks a lot.

And do you think that could be a useful strategy ?

Obviously if I crash a raider in my enemy's army turn 1 I can't disembark the wyches on the same turn, but is there anything preventing my enemy to just disengage and shoot the raider ?

I guess I could still prevent that unit from shooting that turn, so I should aim at some anti-tank infantry or something.

Or maybe I could charge raiders turn 1 en masse, but then again, I can only use enhanced aethersails once per turn and regular advance might not be enough.

Or charging with reavers on the same turn might work, but they migh die.

I have a feeling this strategy is pretty all-in overall.

Can anyone has tried something similar give me some feedback ?
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated transport from other detachment   Dedicated transport from other detachment I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 02:06

I admit, Im not even near a tactical genius, but why would you want to crash a Raider in the enemy at turn 1?
Am I missing something? 😮confused

Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated transport from other detachment   Dedicated transport from other detachment I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 03:05

Zenotaph wrote:
I admit, Im not even near a tactical genius, but why would you want to crash a Raider in the enemy at turn 1?

I'd say there are 4 reasons why you might want to charge turn 1. And I do use "might" intentionally because it isn't always a good idea.

1) Charging give you additional move distance, getting your embarked troops closer to where they need to be for turn 2 combat.

2) It may prevent a unit from falling back and still shooting/charging. Many armies have stratagems and/or obsession-like things that allow them to fall back and still operate, so this is a match-up dependent option.

3) You have a shock prow equipped and see an opportunity to inflict some mortal wounds on an exposed unit. This one has room for counter-play by having a conservative deployment or by spacing the unit out to minimize the power of the shock prow stratagem.

4) The charge+pile in+consolidate allows you to position the raider in a way that restricts your opponent's movement options, like keeping them from getting to an objective/table quarter due to raider's long hull.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated transport from other detachment   Dedicated transport from other detachment I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 04:08

OK, I can see the benefits. But, to be honest, Im not sure, if this will work.
Pretty situational, but good to know. Actually, Im still macgyvering out, what Kabal suits me the best.
Well, you gave me something more to think of. Thanks for that. 😉

Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated transport from other detachment   Dedicated transport from other detachment I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 05:55

Zenotaph wrote:
OK, I can see the benefits. But, to be honest, Im not sure, if this will work.
Pretty situational, but good to know. Actually, Im still macgyvering out, what Kabal suits me the best.
Well, you gave me something more to think of. Thanks for that. 😉

It's all pretty situational, definitely.

I'm an Obsidian Rose fan so turn 1 charges aren't really on my radar typically, just highlighting what BH Raiders can do when used ultra-aggresively.

My general progression is to move to mid-board, hugging cover, and trying to pick off targets of opportunity. Turn 2 is when I start playing aggressively.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated transport from other detachment   Dedicated transport from other detachment I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 11:51

What about using Dark Creed Raiders and Poisoned Tongue Venoms. That, combined with Trophies and PGLs should be a fine mix.
Of course, first turn charges are out of the question, but when playing it save, this could be very very useful.

Hellion
Patayou

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated transport from other detachment   Dedicated transport from other detachment I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 18:22

Zenotaph wrote:

meme and shock factor, mostly.

I also like the idea of synergy between wych/kabal/coven detachments.

As I said, I'm fairly "new" to the hobby, I'm currently in the process of buying/painting figs, and in the meantime I like to do a bit a list building/theorycrafting.

However I'm not yet familiar with board sizes, deployment tactics and stuff like that and I have no idea if this kind of idea could work in practice.

I have put together a 1000 pts list (Black heart / Cursed blade) that include 3 BH raiders, 3 units of 10 wyches/bloodbrides and 3 fighty characters.

The idea would be to charge turn 1 to prevent 2 or 3 shooty units from firing on the first turn. As long as I don't charge anything that can disengage and shoot natively (i.e without a stratagem, like hellions), that could represent a big part of my opponents firepower. 2 raiders can advance and charge, and one can aim for a more difficult target with enhanced aethersails. At worse, one of the enemy unit could use a stratagem to fall back and shoot, but that still leaves 2 units tied up and will force the opponent to pay CP. Then next turn, my 20 wyches, 10 bloodbrides, 2 succubi and archon can just disembark and charge (or advance and charge even).

I don't think it would be competitive or anything, but it might throw a big wrench in my opponent's plans. And it would be hilarious if it worked.

I can post the protoype of the army list if wou want.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated transport from other detachment   Dedicated transport from other detachment I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 21:40

Sure, why not? But I dont want to abuse this thread here. 😉

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated transport from other detachment   Dedicated transport from other detachment I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29 2021, 00:29

Pop it in the Army Lists section of the forum.

Patayou
Hellion
Patayou

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated transport from other detachment   Dedicated transport from other detachment I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29 2021, 00:46

sure, I'll do that.
edit : done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dedicated transport from other detachment   Dedicated transport from other detachment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dedicated transport from other detachment
Page 1 of 1