THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A returning players opinions on our units; Wyches

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
toldavf
Hellion
toldavf

A returning players opinions on our units; Wyches Empty
PostSubject: A returning players opinions on our units; Wyches   A returning players opinions on our units; Wyches I_icon_minitimeFri May 28 2021, 17:53

Wyches are probably the most glass hammer unit in the DE book. The mainstay of cult armies they are a must have for any aspiring succubus, lets take a look.

Wyches
At 4 strength 3 -1ap attacks each wyches certainly have allot of potential for damage. Combat drugs these days are reliable, while you can take 2 random rolls, most people will opt for one certain option. The free floating stat point should in my opinion be invested in toughness or strength, the difference in 3 and 4 is sufficient to push wyches to be either much more survivable or much more killy, the extra attack is ok but in my opinion inferior for hitting power.

They have access to a few weapon options for every 10 models in the squad you can have 1 of each wych weapon, Razorflails give 2 extra attacks which is kinda meh but they are cheap enough to be worth it (if you did take the +1 attack though you can get up to 8 attacks or even 10 with the right strat). Hydra gauntlets are potent +2 str -2ap and +1 attack weapons, I really see no reason to not invest in as many sets of these as you can get, 4 str 5 or 6 attacks is just good. The real star though at least in my opinion is the Shardnet and Impaler -2 save and 2 damage with no escape buffs. No escape while not reliable as its a role off, it can be manipulated to your favor with these weapons each shardnet gives you +1 to the dice, I can emphasize enough how good it is for wyches to stay locked in combat, defensively wyches out of combat are garbage t3 +6 invun, which is trash, in melee the invun becomes a much more healthy 4+ so staying locked in combat is in your best interests.

As for obsesions strife will let you strike first and net you a load of book of rust nonsense, cursed blade will net you strength 4 as standard so you can be str 4 and T 4 like quicker orks as well as netting you mortal wounds on 6+ saves and access to venomous shard bombs. Red grief gives more reliable turn 2 charges, rerolls for charges and +2 to advance might look soso but it's solid and you will be able to better get 14"s away from your transport minimum giving you a bonkers ability to strike your enemy from the mid table. Test of skill can make wyches a tank busting menace able to tear down a monster pretty quickly.

At only 10 points they are well worth their points, they can be expected to hold their own vs anything that doesn't massively out point them though they are best employed against units that aren't too heavy as they can struggle vs armour.

Blood Brides
Wyches that have learned the art of aiming for the soft bits, limited to a 10 man squad but allot more hard hitting 2+ to hit in melee and every time they role a 6 to hit they get -3 ap added to their weapon for a total of -4 or -5 for some wych weapons. I would say because of their finite number guard them more carefully and take str 4, in the custom cults section precision killers is especially noteworthy doubling their chance of getting blade artist, you can generate allot of no armour save wounds with those girls a unit without any wych weapons can generate 13-14 such hits easily. You cant go wrong with a unit of these, they can beat most things that don't have good invuns and make a characterful bodyguard for your Succubus.

Again im playing cabal so I have no cult units but i did make a list with 80 foot slogging wychs and 2 succubi in 1k points str 4 t 4 each send forth the bikini tide!

next time Cabalite Warriors.

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Wyches   A returning players opinions on our units; Wyches I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 16:22

Wow, didnt expect you to still be posting these articles. Good job dude.

My I ask what your qualifications are? Just a fan of the True Kin, a Tournament Winner in XXXX year, etc?

You forgot one of the main tech pieces that Wyches bring to the table: No Retreat

Being able to keep a unit/tank in combat can be Game Winning. I lost a game over the weekend, in part because I forgot that my wych units can do this. Doh!

Wyches are by far the foundation to the DE army. As more 9th edition codicies come out, I think we will be leaning into them more.

The best CoS buff to Wyches IMHO is the ignore overwatch strat for 1CP. I would change over to Cursed Blade if this one strat was just a universal Wych Cult Infantry strat for every subfaction.
Back to top Go down
toldavf
Hellion
toldavf

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Wyches   A returning players opinions on our units; Wyches I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 17:22

fisheyes wrote:
Wow, didnt expect you to still be posting these articles. Good job dude.

My I ask what your qualifications are? Just a fan of the True Kin, a Tournament Winner in XXXX year, etc?

You forgot one of the main tech pieces that Wyches bring to the table: No Retreat

Being able to keep a unit/tank in combat can be Game Winning. I lost a game over the weekend, in part because I forgot that my wych units can do this. Doh!

Wyches are by far the foundation to the DE army. As more 9th edition codicies come out, I think we will be leaning into them more.

The best CoS buff to Wyches IMHO is the ignore overwatch strat for 1CP. I would change over to Cursed Blade if this one strat was just a universal Wych Cult Infantry strat for every subfaction.

Thankyou I've enjoyed poring my thoughts out here and have gotten some nice feedback.

Qualifications wise I used to playtest some games, and back before I quit our gaming circle was pretty competitive, I didn't loose much. Nowadays though I am back to near total newby as 9th is a near totally different game. Hoping to do well once lock down is over and I can get some games.

Pretty sure I mention no retreat in 3rd paragraph Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Wyches   A returning players opinions on our units; Wyches I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A returning players opinions on our units; Wyches
Page 1 of 1