THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How do YOU build your Raiders

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheKneesofRaj
Slave
TheKneesofRaj

How do YOU build your Raiders Empty
PostSubject: How do YOU build your Raiders   How do YOU build your Raiders I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26 2021, 00:42

Hello friends,

How do you guys build your raiders? Do you assemble and attach all of the “passengers” that come in the kit? Or do you leave the hull bare?

I’m trying to figure out how to do this if I’m gonna have multiple raiders with different payloads within. I want it to be easy to see what’s inside each of them while not sacrificing too much visual realism.

I had one idea of building the hull with magnets on the inside and then magnetizing a base or two from the units and “stick” them on to indicate when they’re embarked and who’s in there.

Any thoughts? What do you guys do for your raiders?

Cheers and Merry Christmas
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

How do YOU build your Raiders Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do YOU build your Raiders   How do YOU build your Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27 2021, 11:21

I always build my models with transportation in mind, as I cycle or skate to games.
For my DEldar this meant avoiding a LOT of spiky bits!
My Raiders and Venoms have removable flight bases, no underside fins, and the rudder carved to not stick below the belly. This means four of them can sit in half a KR case.
No masts, aerials etc. No hull spikes. With a bit of felt laid over them, that's half the height of a KR case. I have almost 1,500pts in a single KR case!

I use a Raider as a Ravager: if you buy two Raiders, you get two single gangplanks, so I built one as a Raider with no plank, the other with both planks, and added a magnet to each plank. With a pair of magnetised Dark Lance Kabalites standing on the planks, you have a perfectly good Ravager.
This edition I am not using Ravagers, so it means I have four Raiders ready to go!

Also, Magnetise your characters and sergeants, and have magnets on the deck of your boats. I can put an Archon, a Sybarite and a Blaster in my Raider, and position it on a sloping bit of terrain, without toppling. It helps you and your opponent so much in-game if you can both see what units are riding in it!
Back to top Go down

How do YOU build your Raiders
Page 1 of 1