THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

how to build trueborns?

Go down 
+4
GAR
SirTainly
Gobsmakked
oberonson
8 posters
AuthorMessage
oberonson
Hellion
oberonson

how to build trueborns? Empty
PostSubject: how to build trueborns?   how to build trueborns? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 04:05

like the title says. btw, what equipment suits them best?

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: how to build trueborns?   how to build trueborns? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 08:18

Have a look through the Aphotic Gallery here in the Workshop section for some ideas on builds. If you see any that you like, check for that denizen's project log, many of us have WIP pics available there.

As for how to equip them, that is a long-running discussion. Check out the Tactics section and look through the threads on several pages, you should find much to think about.
http://www.thedarkcity.net/f6-dark-eldar-tactics

Cheers.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: how to build trueborns?   how to build trueborns? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 21:58

I used regular Kabalite models, painted a different colour to my other KWs, ( also I gave them Shardcarbines from the Scourge sprues (as that's the wargear option I was using with them).
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: how to build trueborns?   how to build trueborns? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17 2012, 03:27

my trueborn don't have helmets. other than that, they look identical to the rest of my Kabalites

They are all blasterborne, since I am so far, not a big fan o the sniper trueborne setup.

In the tactics sections, there always seems to be a big thread about different trueborn configurations.

sheesh, I have to put my mod hat on myself, but lets keep this to models, conversions and painting so we don't drag this thread off the beaten path.

ONe of the more intersting set ups is the "bubblehead" set up, where reaver or wych "bubble head" as used for trueborn. Its a cool looking model.

ANother is using Dark Elf corsair cloaks and head to distinguish them. Also very cool looking.

how to build trueborns? Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
oberonson
Hellion
oberonson

PostSubject: Re: how to build trueborns?   how to build trueborns? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17 2012, 05:49

What are the sniper setups, dark lances?

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rybnick
Slave

PostSubject: Re: how to build trueborns?   how to build trueborns? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17 2012, 14:46

I usually see them run with either one of two weapon options.

1. 3x Trueborn with 3 blasters in a Venom w/ Dual cannons.
What you get - duality with a unit that can deal with mech thanks to the 3 18" S8 lance shots or infnatry thanks to the whopping 12 shots from the Venom. Considering the speed and point price tag for this set up it's pretty easy to see why it's popular.

2. 5x Trueborn with splinter cannons in either a venom or raider.
What you get - either tons of anti-infantry with the venom or lots of anti-infantry with a splash of anti-tank from the Raider. Either is a good option but not quite as economical points wise as the min squad w/ blaster in venom.

These are just my experience with them in my local gaming scene, other people resutls may vary. Personally I lean towards the first option, because I get a big anti-tank boost for a modest investment. It might be dull to use the bland the min/max trueborn set up but the points I save can be pumped into another unit that's more fun or fluffy to play with.

Modeling wise I'm using helmetless heads coupled with the corsair cloaks. In my mind the Trueborn would be a bit more cocky and proud so the cloaks give them that little extra bling on the table. I also think they wouldn't want a helm obscuring the view of their victims, also the reason I don't used helmet heads on my Wyches. Razz
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: how to build trueborns?   how to build trueborns? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17 2012, 14:51

A good option for blasterborn is eldar fire dragons. Just swap heads and add some bits, your fine

As for weapon set up, it depends on what you want out of them in your army. AI is good with shard carbines and splinter cannons, AT versions are blasterborn or sniper variant, which carries 2 dark lances. They all have their bonuses, its just how they fit in your army.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Archon_Hellsbuttmonkey
Slave

PostSubject: Re: how to build trueborns?   how to build trueborns? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18 2012, 19:07

Mine are just warriors with bare heads and a slightly different paint job.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: how to build trueborns?   how to build trueborns? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2012, 07:45

I envisioned Trueborn as these cocky 'old' elite nobleman. Some still alive from the time of The Fall. Thus they need to soak op more pain and sorrow on the battlefield.

Therefor I went with the barehead myself aswell. I went with a 'kabal went feralish' kind of theme. Therefor the more grisley trophies you've got sporting on your person, the higher you are sort of. So I gave them the trophy backpacks with the skull and stuff. Gives them a very nice silhouet. Last but not least, they got golden details in their paintjob (like the sheet of the blade at the back and stuff).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to build trueborns?   how to build trueborns? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to build trueborns?
Page 1 of 1