THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Critique my 2k RR with Drazhar and Reaper!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
duckduckgoose
Hellion
duckduckgoose

Critique my 2k RR with Drazhar and Reaper! Empty
PostSubject: Critique my 2k RR with Drazhar and Reaper!   Critique my 2k RR with Drazhar and Reaper! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08 2022, 00:24

Hi all,

With some new purchases arriving within the week, I'll be able to run this list, and I think it could be quite nice. I definitely want it to be competitive, and I think it can be.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [87 PL, 10CP, 1,513pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Obsession: Cult of the Cursed Blade: Only The Strong Will Survive, Kabal of the Black Heart: Thirst for Power, Realspace Raid
. *Custom Coven*: Artists of the Flesh (All-Consuming)

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Alliance of Agony [-1CP]

Stratagem: Prizes from the Dark City [-1CP]

+ No Force Org Slot +

Court of the Archon [10 PL, 88pts]: As Detachment (Kabal)
. Sslyth
. Sslyth
. Sslyth
. Sslyth
. Ur-Ghul: As Detachment (Kabal)

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 75pts]: Ancient Evil, As Detachment (Kabal), Huskblade, Raid Mastermind, Splinter Pistol, The Animus Vitae, Warlord

Haemonculus [5 PL, 90pts]: As Detachment (Coven), Stratagem: Alliance of Agony WLT, Twisted Animator
. Alchemical Maestro (Custom): Alchemical Maestro

Succubus [3 PL, 80pts]: 1 - Adrenalight (Combat Drug), As Detachment (Wych Cult), Precision Blows, Stratagem: Alliance of Agony WLT, The Triptych Whip
. Agoniser & Archite Glaive

+ Troops +

Haemoxytes [8 PL, 100pts]: As Detachment (Coven)
. 9x Haemoxyte: 9x Wrack Blade
. Haemoxyte Acothyst: Wrack Blade

Kabalite Warriors [3 PL, 40pts]: As Detachment (Kabal)
. 4x Kabalite Warrior: 4x Splinter Rifle
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors [3 PL, 40pts]: As Detachment (Kabal)
. 4x Kabalite Warrior: 4x Splinter Rifle
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Wyches [6 PL, 120pts]: 1 - Adrenalight (Combat Drug), As Detachment (Wych Cult)
. Hekatrix: Hekatarii Blade, Splinter Pistol
. 9x Wych: 9x Hekatarii Blade, 9x Plasma Grenades, 9x Splinter Pistol

+ Elites +

Incubi [4 PL, 90pts]
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Klaive

Incubi [4 PL, 90pts]
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Klaive

+ Fast Attack +

Hellions [7 PL, 170pts]: 1 - Adrenalight (Combat Drug), As Detachment (Wych Cult)
. Helliarch: Hellglaive
. 9x Hellion: 9x Hellglaive, 9x Splinter Pods

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [8 PL, 130pts]: As Detachment (Kabal), 3x Dark Lance

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [6 PL, 110pts]: Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Kabal of the Black Heart

Raider [6 PL, 105pts]: Dark Lance, Kabal of the Black Heart

Raider [6 PL, 105pts]: Dark Lance, Kabal of the Black Heart

Venom [4 PL, 80pts]: Grisly Trophies, Kabal of the Black Heart, Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

++ Spearhead Detachment -3CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [25 PL, -3CP, 485pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

Obsession
. *Custom Coven*: Dark Technomancers (All-Consuming)

+ HQ +

Drazhar [8 PL, 145pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Cronos [4 PL, 85pts]: As Detachment (Coven)
. Cronos: Spirit Vortex

Cronos [4 PL, 85pts]: As Detachment (Coven)
. Cronos: Spirit Vortex

Reaper [9 PL, 170pts]: As Detachment

++ Total: [112 PL, 7CP, 1,998pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

My general tactics would be to use my 3 raiders as my initial push units. Raider 1 will have Haemi+Haaemoxytes, raider 2 will have wyches+succubus and raider 3 will have court, 5x incubi and  archon. Depending on the exact mission, they might all 3 move up to primary objectives, or maybe just 2 will move up and the third will hang back a bit as a counter-charge unit. Drazhar+5 incubi in the venom and the hellions will hang back as mid-game counter-charge/objective flipping units. I'll pay 1CP to keep the 2 solo cronos in reserve, and move them onto the board turn 2 for engage on all front, and possibly to remove small, weak backfield obsec units. The ravager and reaper will hang back and take out high value targets. I figure in a lot of games I won't need to enhance the reaper's shooting with DT, but it's a really nice thing to have in my tool belt for facing knights or other high-T, multi-wound models. Finally, the kabalites will just chill in the backfield and sit on objectives.

For secondaries I'll typically choose Engage, Take Them Alive or Assassinate or Bring It Down (depending on opponent's army composition) and Thin Their Ranks, though I think WWSWF could be interesting with Draz, Hellions and Reaper

C&C welcome!
Back to top Go down
Dabbarexe
Hellion
Dabbarexe

PostSubject: Re: Critique my 2k RR with Drazhar and Reaper!   Critique my 2k RR with Drazhar and Reaper! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18 2022, 08:38

Pretty solid game plan. A couple of adjustments I'd make while trying to keep the game plan and units intact.

1. Drop the wyches down to 5, split the Haemoxytes into 2 units of wracks, replace 1 kabalite squad with 5 wracks for a total of 3x5 wracks, then give them each 2x Liquifiers. Since they're all mounted in raiders the Haemoxyte buff is less impactful and 6 Liquifiers on T5, 5+++, - 1D wracks will do more damage and last longer than those wyches. The wyches can still use their speed to hop on objectives etc.

Edit 1: You could also just drop the second Warrior squad, split the Haemoxytes into 2 squads of 5 wracks with Liquifiers. Use the extra points to give the full wych squad a shardnet and give your raiders some shock prows.

1CP to powerslide into a large block of infantry for a bunch of MWs then hop out and flame/charge them, and boom suddenly you have more Obsec units on the objective than they do.

2. I love my 10 hellion unit too. Have you considered the Custom cult: Test of Skill/Stimulant innovator combo for them? It means you can take +1T drug and still roll one of the aggressive drugs on the turn you want to charge. It also gives them +1 to wound against monsters/vehicles which turns them into terrifying Dreadknight/Monster mash killers. Same goes for the succubus.

Edit 2: If you kept the big unit of wyches, they'd be a great candidate for 2 random drugs, giving them 3 on the turn they set up to charge. +1 to wound vehicles and monsters also means no one can ignore the risk of getting chopped up by 40 attacks.

3. Two unsupported Cronos aren't going to last too long, nor will they kill a lot even with DT. I would strongly consider dropping them for another reaper, and moving the ravager to complete the spearhead. Give them Obsidian Rose to get those important wounds + range.

Hopefully that keeps the spirit of the list and most of the models intact. The game plan is solid and should still workout for you. Your only concern will be flyer spam, but if that isn't common where you are, you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
duckduckgoose
Hellion
duckduckgoose

PostSubject: Re: Critique my 2k RR with Drazhar and Reaper!   Critique my 2k RR with Drazhar and Reaper! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19 2022, 04:05

Hey thanks for the suggestions! I’ve run this list a couple of times so have some more real world data. While the cronos have done fairly well in a few games I’m not sure they are worth the points, so I’ll probably be dropping them and just taking a DT patrol for the reaper, or moving the reaper into my main battalion and just taking an aux detachment for Drazhar.

I’m not sure about splitting the haemoxytes. They are consistently one of my mvp units. I park them inside a raider on an objective and they basically hold it for the rest of the game, plus I just don’t think the liquifiers are worth the points.

I’ll probably keep the wyches as a unit of 10, as I’ve found units of 5 are just too squishy to be worth anything. I’ll definitely give the Stimulant Innovators a shot on the hellions, but will probably do adrenalight. With the right roll on innovators, and with Hyperstim backlash you can get 70 attacks on the charge!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Critique my 2k RR with Drazhar and Reaper!   Critique my 2k RR with Drazhar and Reaper! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Critique my 2k RR with Drazhar and Reaper!
Page 1 of 1