THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chapter Approved Rumors

Go down 
+22
Skulnbonz
yellabelly
Garion
sweetbacon
The Strange Dark One
Soulless Samurai
hekatrixxy
CptMetal
finfarafin
krayd
Lord Asvaldir
Sarcron
Cerve
velaresh
amishprn86
DevilDoll
Archon_91
Karr4x
Squidmaster
AzraeI
Burnage
Genomir
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Genomir
Slave
Genomir

Chapter Approved Rumors Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2019, 11:30

First things first, here ist the link to the leaks for the CA 19 at Bell of lost souls: https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2019/11/warhammer-40k-rumors-chapter-approved-2019-rules-changes.html

Now to be honest some of the leaks sound just ridicules, but then after the last 6 months of Warhammer Marines Warfare, they just sound crazy enough to be true. So I guess the SM get some point drops now... yay....

Also the whole thing about the different rule departments not working together sounds also pretty much like something GW would do.

But what do you guys think of the rumors?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2019, 11:55

I entirely believe that CA was written before the Marine Codex released, and it's plausible that the two different teams weren't really communicating with each other. So... yeah, we could see Marine points drops. It'd be a real crap storm, but hopefully GW will drop an FAQ quickly to try and patch it. Otherwise 40k's going to be in an absolutely atrocious place balance wise.

The other changes seem plausible and fit the meta of six months ago well. I dunno why they just don't change Alaitoc to "gain the benefit of cover", though, as that's been a rumoured change for literal years at this point and it would give the same outcome as capping negative modifiers for the most problematic units.

I'm still expecting this to be a painful release for us. After Phoenix Rising turned out to be disappointingly bare, it's going to be a real kick in the teeth if most of our competitive units go up in points.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2019, 14:53

you know i really expect the nerf bat to miss us entirely and hit the quins and the boring version of dark eldar
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2019, 15:46

I've been chatting around.
Base don the people I know and have been able to talk to, these particular rumours are just that. Rumours. And not storng ones.
One of the key things is that this same source has been wrong before.
Theres also the impression that this comes from French playtesters, but supposedly there AREN'T any French playtesters. So I'm told by people with better links than me.

Also, CA is not the place GW would publish specific army rules changes. Points changes maybe, but not changes to unit rules.

I don;t think these particular rumours have much weight to them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Genomir
Slave
Genomir

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2019, 16:31

Squidmaster wrote:
I've been chatting around.
Base don the people I know and have been able to talk to, these particular rumours are just that. Rumours. And not storng ones.
One of the key things is that this same source has been wrong before.
Theres also the impression that this comes from French playtesters, but supposedly there AREN'T any French playtesters. So I'm told by people with better links than me.

Also, CA is not the place GW would publish specific army rules changes. Points changes maybe, but not changes to unit rules.

I don;t think these particular rumours have much weight to them.

Well I really hope you are right then, and these rumors are a lot of nonsense. Because I don't know if I could bear even stronger SM, knowing that I havn't won a single game against the current ones.

Back to top Go down
Karr4x
Hellion
Karr4x

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2019, 17:14

The manager of my local Warhammer Store (in France) told me today that apparently the rumor about Plague Marines getting an additional wound is true. That's all I know.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2019, 20:04

Is it just me or does the whole idea of "Chapter Approved" seem pointless? It seems to be coming way to late to really do much about the meta it's being written for because by the time CA comes out there have been several months of planned releases for the stuff it's supposed to be fixing ... I do think there should be a "rebalancing" release at the end of January (January becoming a dead month for releases so nothing new shows up) or something that looks at the entire year before it and can take into consideration everything that was release February through December and not royal screw with balance like this one is going to and skew it heavily (once again) in one fractions favor over everyone else in the game
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2019, 21:07

Archon_91 wrote:
Is it just me or does the whole idea of "Chapter Approved" seem pointless? It seems to be coming way to late to really do much about the meta it's being written for because by the time CA comes out there have been several months of planned releases for the stuff it's supposed to be fixing ...

yes i totally agree and part of me actually wants these ridiculous rumors about marines point drops to be true in order to teach GW a lesson
Please no more books just one rule book, one codex for each faction and then digital updates for fixing things at the correct time
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2019, 21:18

I've seen this rumor for a few weeks now with the "marines blah blah not as good blah blah" part added to it, its wrong, 100% for sure wrong and fake.

CA doesn't change datasheets, it changes points and adds more to the general game, like missions, narrative rules, etc..

I am about 90% sure we will see Legends this CA, if we do get legends not much else will change other than some Narrative/Open play rules for Legends. Index's haven't been sold for a full year at this point,s o i am pretty sure its legends.

Also they wont change datasheets right now ESPECIALLY b.c we have PA happen right now and they are changing datasheets in PA, they will not use CA to do what PA is doing.
Back to top Go down
velaresh
Hellion
velaresh

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23 2019, 13:59

Another rumor ,THE APOCALIPTIC RUMOR FOR DRUKHARI says that the talos up 18 points. Currently I started playing dark techomancers talos paying them for 98s points with a saving of ++ 5 are reasonable but a rise in the cost for a miniature of 7 wounds and invulnerable save of 5, only forces me to play prophets again.

I expect a lower cost of weapons in general. Liquefers with Dark Techomancers in talos or Grotesques are a good choice. Blasters should go down at a price similar to meltaguns. Mandrakes are decent, but they should also lower 2 points, I would say the same for the Scourges ,reaver jetbikes and helions. Helions are super expensive they would have to have the cost of 11-12 points.                  

Harlequins are overcosted ,only Skyweavers ,and deathjesters they have a correct cost. Troupes, Voidweavers, Star Weavers are unplayable for their extra cost. Many of the harlequins' stratagems could lower their cost as was the case with the new stratagems of the traitorous legions.                    
I don't think the harlequins are fixed with CA, they will surely have their own psychic awakening supplement, it would be great if there is something else for drukharis in that supplement.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24 2019, 13:12

Harlequins are extremely difficult to.price themselves, because of their strat/trait/relics that change units from "kinda overcosted" to "my god they're nearly broken".

As for the +18 on Talos, I can see that ok. Even at 5+ with no Obsessions, 95 points for a piece that can do everything AND Fly still undercosted. So I'm ok with that.

Nothing about Grots? Uh...oh...ok.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24 2019, 15:56

Nah i've tested game where Voidweavers/Starweavers are -10pt, Troupes are -3pts each, TM/SS are -10pts. They still had uphill battle BEFORE the new SM power creep.

Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24 2019, 22:11

In the one of the newer articles on community, looks like they'll finally tie all the points together in the CA2019. "The field manual will contain all poitns values, not only the updated but the unchanged, so that you only have to look in one place when building your army lists."
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24 2019, 22:56

Sarcron wrote:
In the one of the newer articles on community, looks like they'll finally tie all the points together in the CA2019. "The field manual will contain all poitns values, not only the updated but the unchanged, so that  you only have to look in one place when building your army lists."

thats actually kinda helpful
but I've already started to transfer all the points values to excel sheets so i can change them more easily
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2019, 15:59

Article today showing off a couple pts changes: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/25/chapter-approved-points-updates-to-look-out-forgw-homepage-post-1/

The only relevant one is razorwing jetfighter did go up 10pts. Honestly that's perfectly reasonable, still only 145 for a twin dissie razorwing. Does mean Drukhari will be getting some changes this year at least, my only hope is some things go down and not just up. Crimson Hunter went up to 150, not too much of a surprise that got an increase.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2019, 16:32

That's assuming that dissies wont go up in points as rumored earlier this year...
Anyway I dont think even the 10 points up are justified in the current environment but to each his own
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2019, 16:43

DevilDoll wrote:
That's assuming that dissies wont go up in points as rumored earlier this year...
Anyway I dont think even the 10 points up are justified in the current environment but to each his own

These were justified changes six months ago. With the current version of Marines running around they're absolutely not.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2019, 16:46

Burnage wrote:
DevilDoll wrote:

These were justified changes six months ago. With the current version of Marines running around they're absolutely not.

yes exactly
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2019, 16:56

More changes from the German Facebook page:

Harlequin Troupes dropping to 7 (from 9? could be an error)
Reavers dropping to 16
Howling Banshees dropping 7
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2019, 17:06

if reavers get cheaper maybe theres hope for the hellions
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2019, 17:26

Well, for what it's worth, GW hasn't mentioned any points drops for vanilla marines. I would think that, if marines were getting further drops, that would be the first think that GW would make a note of in their previews.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2019, 17:30

krayd wrote:
Well, for what it's worth, GW hasn't mentioned any points drops for vanilla marines. I would think that, if marines were getting further drops, that would be the first think that GW would make a note of in their previews.

really? after all the rage if i was GW id try to hide it as best as i can ^_^
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2019, 17:50

The rage doesn't keep GW from making all that marine $$$.
Back to top Go down
finfarafin
Slave
finfarafin

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2019, 18:34

Chapter Approved Rumors 15747010

Poor hellions
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25 2019, 19:01

Just b.c they are not being teased doesn't mean no point drops, and i think this is wrong anyways as Troupes are 13ppm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Rumors   Chapter Approved Rumors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter Approved Rumors
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next