THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Updated FAQs

Go down 
+6
Dalamar
Archon_91
krayd
Zenotaph
Count Adhemar
Necryt
10 posters
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2022, 17:35

So, there were a few FAQ updates today. Not too much of note - some changes to reflect the rollback of the Admech nerfs, and assault range is apparently a little more generous when assaulting units in ruins.

However, one particular change caught my eye in the core rulebook FAQ:

"If a Transport model is under the effects of an ability which
would apply a modifier to a hit roll, wound roll or damage roll
when making a ranged attack, the same modifier applies each
time an embarked model makes a ranged attack."

If I am reading this correctly, it means that a Dark Technomancer raider could charge up its weapon, and the embarked unit would get all of the corresponding modifiers, without any of the risk to their shots, since you are not charging up their weapons. It gets particularly interesting when you put, for example, a kabal unit, inside a DT raider.
Back to top Go down
Necryt
Slave
Necryt

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2022, 18:39

Has anyone noticed, that the liquifier change is gone? Yes, it's still in the data slate, but not in the faq. A bit confusing.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2022, 18:53

Necryt wrote:
Has anyone noticed, that the liquifier change is gone? Yes, it's still in the data slate, but not in the faq. A bit confusing.

Yes, it does seem confusing. Don't see the point of removing it from the FAQ if it's still in effect. Question
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2022, 21:59

krayd wrote:

If I am reading this correctly, it means that a Dark Technomancer raider could charge up its weapon, and the embarked unit would get all of the corresponding modifiers, without any of the risk to their shots, since you are not charging up their weapons. It gets particularly interesting when you put, for example, a kabal unit, inside a DT raider.

Would be correct. But DT doesnt give a modifier to hit-, wound-, or damagerolls.
The closest thing is the +1D, but it doesnt affect the roll, so no luck here...
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2022, 22:44

Zenotaph wrote:
krayd wrote:

Would be correct. But DT doesnt give a modifier to hit-, wound-, or damagerolls.
The closest thing is the +1D, but it doesnt affect the roll, so no luck here...

It depends on whether 'damage roll' includes damage that involves just applying the damage characteristic rather than making a literal roll. It needs a clarification/further errata, as there is no 'damage roll' subphase (as there are 'hit roll' and 'wound roll' subphases) - there is only the 'inflict damage' subphase.

Last edited by krayd on Mon Jul 04 2022, 23:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2022, 22:48

Count Adhemar wrote:
Necryt wrote:

Yes, it does seem confusing. Don't see the point of removing it from the FAQ if it's still in effect. Question

It is probably because they don't want to have to go back and adjust the FAQ every time they make a modification to or rollback what is in the balance dataslate, like what happened in AdMech in the latest one.

Besides, the dataslate is specifically meant for matched play, and more specifically, for tournament matched play (as it is created as a direct response to tournament outcomes). They might not want it encoded within the codex in general, as it is always subject to change, and dataslate changes seem to have a habit of really screwing over casual players.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2022, 23:48

... if I read that right this might actually make Black heart with writ worth taking as the troops inside the transport now benefit from those auras
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2022, 23:51

Count Adhemar wrote:
Necryt wrote:

Same with the part about talos/cronos losing <core>
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2022, 00:36

@krayd: I think its about the wording. DT says add +1D. Would it say add +1 to the dmg roll, it would work.
But then it wouldnt have worked with Liquifiers in the first place, because they dont roll for dmg.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2022, 19:30

Archon_91 wrote:
... if I read that right this might actually make Black heart with writ worth taking as the troops inside the transport now benefit from those auras

I fear you are giving GW far too much credit.

The Writ only works on CORE units and, I regret to say, neither Raiders nor Venoms are CORE units.

The same, incidentally, is true of the Archon's own aura and even the RSR Raid Mastermind ability.

Though, even if they did, you'd still be stuck with a different problem - namely that auras don't work inside transports. So if an Archon had the temerity to embark upon a transport, he would no longer be able to buff either the transport. Thus, you're basically back to the 8th edition situation, wherein the Archon is only able to apply his aura if he jogs along on foot behind whatever transport he wants to buff.

I know this point is academic, given the above, I just find it fascinating how GW rules are like an onion. Each time you peel away one problem, you merely reach the next layer of problems. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2022, 22:13

The auras an archon can give are re-rolls... the faq ensures that any modifiers applying to a vehicles weapons apply to the units inside as well. Even if an archon's auras applied to our transports they still wouldn't affect the people inside.

Now the cheese here is to make your raider a test of skill wych cult and enjoy your +1 to wound dark lances and blasters. A shame wound modifiers don't affect poison.
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2022, 22:46

Sarcron wrote:

Now the cheese here is to make your raider a test of skill wych cult and enjoy your +1 to wound dark lances and blasters. A shame wound modifiers don't affect poison.

However that +1 to wound is melee only so no +1 to to wound blasters and such.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2022, 23:09

Oh did that get changed to melee? Nvm
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06 2022, 00:42

Lets face it. GW just hates Drukhari. Thats why we have to rely on dirty tricks...
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06 2022, 23:44

I've been relatively scornful of the idea that we've been over-nerfed, but today's FAQ update to Rift War does take the piss a little bit:

Quote :
Page 84 – Coteries of the Haemonculi, Benefits
Change the first bullet point to:
‘• All <Haemonculus Coven> units from your army gain the
Coteries of the Haemonculi keyword.’

That's it. That's the whole FAQ.
Back to top Go down
Wrack_Enthusiast
Hellion
Wrack_Enthusiast

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2022, 03:27

Zenotaph wrote:
Lets face it. GW just hates Drukhari. Thats why we have to rely on dirty tricks...
It's better to be hated than forgotten. Maybe we'll get new models and bad rules!
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2022, 22:53

Wrack_Enthusiast wrote:
Zenotaph wrote:
It's better to be hated than forgotten. Maybe we'll get new models and bad rules!

lol!

I'm getting 'old man yells at cloud' vibes, with GW occasionally remembering we exist and responding by shaking a fist in the direction of our codex.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Updated FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated FAQs   Updated FAQs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updated FAQs
Page 1 of 1