THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

new color scheme for my dark eldar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ecam
Hellion

new color scheme for my dark eldar Empty
PostSubject: new color scheme for my dark eldar   new color scheme for my dark eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 09:31

thort i would shere with with you guys. i started playing dark eldar a few years ago and it was my first army. as with anything new you tend not to be very good and this was the case with my painting lol. anyways i have goten a little beter over the last year or so and have desided to redo all my raiders and venoms so here are some pics. let me know what you think and if you have any ideas on how to make them look beter feal free to say Smile
Back to top Go down
ecam
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: new color scheme for my dark eldar   new color scheme for my dark eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 09:39

[img]new color scheme for my dark eldar DSC_0328 new color scheme for my dark eldar DSC_0329 new color scheme for my dark eldar DSC_0330[/img]
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: new color scheme for my dark eldar   new color scheme for my dark eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 09:52

Very Tron, I'm liking it Smile

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: new color scheme for my dark eldar   new color scheme for my dark eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 09:56

If I were to suggest 1 thing to improve these models, it would be to tone down most of the highlights. What I'd probably do, particularly with the raider, is to do the vertical highlights on the armour panels in a slightly darker colour.

What this will do is focus the eye on the other highlights (ie, the ones around the base and top of the armour panels) emphasising the long, thin sleek nature of the raider. I think at the moment the contrast between the main blue and the highlight, combined with the fact that every edge is highlighted to that extreme makes the model too 'busy' for my taste. That's not to say others will agree, but I think extreme highlights work best when they're limited to specific areas of the model.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
ecam
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: new color scheme for my dark eldar   new color scheme for my dark eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 17:21

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
If I were to suggest 1 thing to improve these models, it would be to tone down most of the highlights. What I'd probably do, particularly with the raider, is to do the vertical highlights on the armour panels in a slightly darker colour.

What this will do is focus the eye on the other highlights (ie, the ones around the base and top of the armour panels) emphasising the long, thin sleek nature of the raider. I think at the moment the contrast between the main blue and the highlight, combined with the fact that every edge is highlighted to that extreme makes the model too 'busy' for my taste. That's not to say others will agree, but I think extreme highlights work best when they're limited to specific areas of the model.
Thanks for the tip and i do agree with you in regars to the raider. There are 4 piants gone into the edgying so on my next raider i will look to leve of or blend in the last highlight on the vertical lines. My paintings been geting beter and i realise its not quite there yet wich is y i put the pics up Smile to get advice
Back to top Go down
ecam
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: new color scheme for my dark eldar   new color scheme for my dark eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12 2014, 17:32

Dragontree wrote:
Very Tron, I'm liking it Smile
Thanks now i just need to work out how to make them pulss around the veichle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new color scheme for my dark eldar   new color scheme for my dark eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new color scheme for my dark eldar
Page 1 of 1