THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Color sampules from the Cult of Storie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sycorax
Slave
Sycorax

Color sampules from the Cult of Storie Empty
PostSubject: Color sampules from the Cult of Storie   Color sampules from the Cult of Storie I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2023, 18:48

Good den,

Proud to post some samples of my reaver paint schemes Smile

A few qualfiiers, some quid pro quos:

I work with mixed acrylic paints and haven’t yet set up my own wet tray to better utilize my paints.

I largely paint with (too large) acrylic brushes from canvas painting (I have one quality miniature brush for details)

Alright that is quite enough preamble, don’t you think?  Behold, the majesty of my (table ready, detail- needed) reavers, venom and raider!

Color sampules from the Cult of Storie 2fde7d10
Color sampules from the Cult of Storie 8afd9710
Color sampules from the Cult of Storie 4e540310
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Color sampules from the Cult of Storie   Color sampules from the Cult of Storie I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2023, 15:48

The teal and copper and orange color combos look really sharp together. I bet this army looks excellent arrayed across the table.

Are you intentionally going for kind of a verdigris look on the bikes?

Looking at the Venom you do seem to have some thickness issues. Even without a wet palette you might be well served by getting your brush a bit extra damp and/or wiping off some excess paint from the brush before applying it. I have little patience for that stuff myself, but the more thin layers you can apply the richer and smoother the color will end up looking in the end regardless of your brush type. My painting definitely got a bit better by just keeping some paper towels handy and wiping excess paint off the brush before applying it to the model (since I still to this day just directly dunk the brush into the pot Very Happy )

Sycorax likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sycorax
Slave
Sycorax

PostSubject: Re: Color sampules from the Cult of Storie   Color sampules from the Cult of Storie I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2023, 21:13

Verdigris- I’m going for a dual copper theme on the army - cleaner, redder copper for weapons to complement a darker/ more faded oxidized copper armor scheme. I’ll show my incubi eland trueborn, eventually, whose schemes flip the ratio to make the weapons oxidized and the armor fresh copper.

Venoms- I got these off eBay and they came prepainted. It’s my first time removing paint and there’s some residue remaining - impatience is my bane in this hobby)
Globbier colors - yeah I as I mentioned, I need to work on my thinning mixed acrylics (versus have set thinned colors from and a wet palette) I have one proper thin detail brush which leads to some wider paint strokes.

PostSubject: Re: Color sampules from the Cult of Storie   Color sampules from the Cult of Storie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Color sampules from the Cult of Storie
Page 1 of 1