THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help with 500pts of shooty.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mirarii
Hellion
Mirarii

Help with 500pts of shooty. Empty
PostSubject: Help with 500pts of shooty.   Help with 500pts of shooty. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 06:01

Not sure what to do for an HQ and the last remaining points, either thinking
Haemy with Liquifier and Venom Blade for 65 or Archon with Blaster for 75
What else could I add? The rest of the list would be something like:

10x Kabalite with Blaster and Cannon riding in a Raider with FF for 185

10x Kabalite with Blaster and Cannon riding in a Raider with FF for 185

The troops alone leave 130 points left for an HQ and some additions, maybe I should just take a beefy HQ? Drop the blasters on the kabs and take a haemy with a venom blade which leaves 105 for a ravager?
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Help with 500pts of shooty.   Help with 500pts of shooty. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 08:27

In a 500 point game, I don't know about a ravager to be honest, with all those blasters and DL on the raiders I think you have enough AT for a 500 point game. Have you thought about a venom with 4 Blasterborn and drop the blasters in the warrior squads? Off the top of my head I couldn't say how many points, but go for a cheap HQ, extra firepower is more important. Often wish you didn't need a HQ!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Help with 500pts of shooty.   Help with 500pts of shooty. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 08:36

I would go with the haemie and ravager. Ravagers are beasts 500 points. Just remember to keep it well screeened as you dont have flickerfields on them. Also I would suggest nightshields at this point instead of flickerfields, as in 500 points most people are rocking on 1~2 long range weaponry, and your 5 DL on 3 platforms should be able to stunlock them. The nightsheilds will help keep those pesky DT bolters and melta guns in check, which you will find is what kills your tanks more at this point level.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Help with 500pts of shooty.   Help with 500pts of shooty. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 18:22

3 Wracks in 2SC Venom = 95
bareback Ravager = 105

Just to give you an idea of what power you can field if you don't go nuts on upgrades.

You have plenty of options but if you want a shooty list, try to get them qualities from vehicles. DE rock at low-pt games, and skimmer spam is the main reason.

Mirarii
Hellion
Mirarii

PostSubject: Re: Help with 500pts of shooty.   Help with 500pts of shooty. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30 2011, 19:19

Edit: bad at math
Grub wrote:
Often wish you didn't need a HQ!
This is why I like Kings of War.

And yeah I think I like the idea of blasterborn in a venom since it's just five lite darklances.

Yeah, can't afford that.

Last edited by Mirarii on Fri Dec 30 2011, 19:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Math sucks)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with 500pts of shooty.   Help with 500pts of shooty. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with 500pts of shooty.
Page 1 of 1