THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Dark Journey, (Army Development,Tactica and Pics!)

Go down 
+9
red_head
Lord Strigoi
dangerous beans
seether
steev
kenny3760
Azdrubael
Painjunky
Skari
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
kenny3760
Sybarite

The Dark Journey, (Army Development,Tactica and Pics!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Journey, (Army Development,Tactica and Pics!)   The Dark Journey, (Army Development,Tactica and Pics!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2012, 10:04

Well done on the victories. Overcoming an initiative steal is pretty awesome, I always shudder when that happens to me.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Journey, (Army Development,Tactica and Pics!)   The Dark Journey, (Army Development,Tactica and Pics!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2012, 10:25

Skari wrote:
So a few more updates on the journey. Still getting used to 1500pts.
You can find the game I had with my brother here:
DE vs Space Marines

Watch it, what did I do horribly wrong?

Although it's a pretty scumbag tactic you could have pretty much ended this game on T2 simply by blocking off your opponents table edge. Not nice in a friendly game but I would not hesitate to pull it in a tournament.

You have enough vehicles and troops to get there. 24" 1st turn, 12" 2nd turn, 2" disembark and run to spread out. Using the terrain would also have limited his options. Sure his speeders could have came in but with 5 vehicles to come in the odds of him losing a vehicle or 2 were pretty good. He could have tank-shocked but the blasters may well have countered this effectively.
Anyway thats what I would have tried for.
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Journey, (Army Development,Tactica and Pics!)   The Dark Journey, (Army Development,Tactica and Pics!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2012, 14:27

true. But I did not have enough tanks to effectively block off his entire edge...

Thanks for the comments! Yeah the tau steal was brutal, but I got off lightly... only one dead venom, all the incubi and a RJB.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Journey, (Army Development,Tactica and Pics!)   The Dark Journey, (Army Development,Tactica and Pics!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 16:26

Had two more battles. VS orks and vs Space wolves. The ork game is on my youtube batreps. As for te SW he was playing three wolf lords on Twolves, 2 long fang packs couple of GH packs in razorbacks. It was a fast and brutal game with tim tapping out 4th turn with only a TW lord lef in combat with my Archon... we played that combat out untill I failed the shadowfield save Very Happy.

By the way, wanted to thank everyone for the nomination of best battle reports! I will strive to live up to that nomination. Very Happy

Cheers

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Journey, (Army Development,Tactica and Pics!)   The Dark Journey, (Army Development,Tactica and Pics!) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dark Journey, (Army Development,Tactica and Pics!)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3