THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to DE want a scalable themed list need help from an Archon?????

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Prof. Cephalopod
Slave

New to DE want a scalable themed list need help from an Archon????? Empty
PostSubject: New to DE want a scalable themed list need help from an Archon?????   New to DE want a scalable themed list need help from an Archon????? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18 2012, 21:57

Never played Dark Eldar always been a space wolves player.

Now I have been drawn into the darkside, and really want to do a webway dark eldar list.

With a strong cthulhu theme to it using bits from the cronos engine for tentacles and an archon with a lohkir fellheart model.

I also would like to have no named characters, and I have an irrational draw to the scourges, grotesques, vipers, voidravens, and razerwings.

So with all of those ideas and fancies I have no idea where to go and how to be effective???

Any help would be greatlly appreciated.

I used to be a twolf lord player a full fledged four lords of the apocalypse style beatface list.

Now Iknow that won't work with DE anything super face and relativelly beatface would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

New to DE want a scalable themed list need help from an Archon????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to DE want a scalable themed list need help from an Archon?????   New to DE want a scalable themed list need help from an Archon????? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2012, 02:21

I like your username considering your theme Wink

http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dark_Eldar_Tactica_Part_1

There's a good basic 'DE and you' info dump I did on Dakka, also includes other useful links.

Your list of models you love is mostly okay, but I just want to point out a few things;

Archon - assault HQ
Scourges - anti mech FA slot
Grots - anti...well, anything they get their hands on Wink but anti-infantry really - Elite slot
Vipers (I'm huessing you mean Venom) - anti infantry transport
Voidravens - anti mech Heavy slot
Razorwing - anti-infantry Heavy slot

Okay, the conflicts in theme I see are this - first, grots can't use Venoms, so they'll need WWPs or Raiders (footslogging really isn't a sensible option)
Army lists filled with Razorwings *and* Venoms will have a lot of problems killing mech.

Personally I don't like Voidravens, but it looks like they're probably your optimal heavy slot. You'll also still want to add in more anti-mech shooting, so some Scourges will work okay for that.

The rest of your army can work pretty well with Archon/Haem in a Raider with Grots and assorted Troops in Venoms (generally with more anti-mech tools as the Venoms will cover your anti-infantry that the Archon and/or Grots don't.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down

New to DE want a scalable themed list need help from an Archon?????
Page 1 of 1