THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks Empty
PostSubject: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2012, 10:24

Posted this elsewhere but no joy so thought i would bring it to the archons of the dark city...

I have a 1750 comp tourney in just over 4 weeks and this is a good excuse to finish a bunch of dark eldar I have...

Archon, shadowfield, agoniser, phantasm launcher, haywire grenades

8 incubi, klaivex, raider, flickerfield, torment launchers, shock prow
5 true born, 2 dark lances, raider, flickerfield
10 mandrakes, nightfiend

3x5 warriors, blaster, venom with 2 splinter cannons
10 warriors, blaster, sybarite, raider, flickerfield

Ravager, flickerfield
Void raven, flickerfield
Razorwing, flickerfield, splinter cannon

1746 total.

It is a kabal themed list overall. I will take a penalty for 3 identical units but overall should do ok for comp.

The obvious unit to question is the mandrakes. I have a few units I could swap them out for but I really want to paint them!

Thoughts welcome

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Hebro
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2012, 17:45

I have to be honest with you, I'm not a fan of mandrakes. No power weaps and crap saves. :/

Need more AT. I'd drop the razorwing for just a Rav.

Drop mandrakes for wyches with haywires. Drop a trueborn to 4man and load the rest of the 2 up.

I really think the idea of not being able to have 3 identical units is quite interesting Wink But to win, I'd try to optimize where you can.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2012, 19:43

I like the models for the mandrakes but agree they are not ideal...

If i take a second ravager - thats another comp hit... assuming they are the same...

If i drop the mandrakes (160) plus 1 warrior from the 10 man squad (9) i can then upgrade the archon to the duke (-10) and add 3 trueborn with blasters (-81) in a dual cannon venom (-65) which leaves me 17 points to spend... enough for a blast pistol on the sybarite in the 9 man unit...

what do you think?

vect
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29 2012, 16:05

that bull crap with out spamming id take a different army lol uv got 10 lances which isnt bad BUT 1 blaster is rubbish and u cant play aggressive with 1 blaster bcoz 50% of hte time it will jus be a gance i wud suggest ignore all penalties and spam the standard list

elites
trueborn x4
blasters x4
venom
splinter canon

x3 its 519 points i use 3 of these as my aggro units as the range is really short

next HS
3 ravagers OR 2 ravagers and the void raven its better than the other fighter give these flicker fields and night sheilds for durabiity

troops
u can keep the 2 warrior squads in venoms with splinter canons and the blaster

id have a big unit of wyches with haywire grenades and vect in a raider with flicker fields instead of incubi

i also take beast masters as their amazing obv if u have loads to paint u may not have time but its well worth it if u can get that unit
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2012, 01:59

vect wrote:
that bull crap with out spamming id take a different army lol

Why? It hurts every army not just dark eldar! It will certainly make the games more interesting as less than optimal units are fielded!

vect wrote:
uv got 10 lances which isnt bad BUT 1 blaster is rubbish and u cant play aggressive with 1 blaster

I have 12 lances and 4 blasters

vect wrote:
i wud suggest ignore all penalties and spam the standard list

While you can do this, it means that even tabling an opponent could lead to a major win being reduced to a minor win or worse pending the comp scores. Better to play the game a little and minimise the losses to comp.

vect wrote:

elites
trueborn x4
blasters x4
venom
splinter canon
x3 its 519 points i use 3 of these as my aggro units as the range is really short

Urgh. I HATE this unit. To me, its a complete waste of points and trueborn. Even units of 3 (which is the optimum size) is a waste. They get 1 shot and then die... and for what? 3 shots, 2 hits, 1 glance or better - less if the target has cover. Then you blink and they are removed. While 1 unit could be used as a throw away i think if your this way inclined Reavers work better thanks to heat lances. I really dislike suicide units...

vect wrote:

next HS
3 ravagers OR 2 ravagers and the void raven its better than the other fighter give these flicker fields and night sheilds for durabiity

The razorwing is brutal! It adds massive damage overflow to deal with longfangs and the like. If anything its the bomber thats a bit rubbish... But all that said, i only have 1 ravager, mainly cause i think the model is pants... I was considering 2 razorwings and the void raven though!

vect wrote:

troops
u can keep the 2 warrior squads in venoms with splinter canons and the blaster
id have a big unit of wyches with haywire grenades and vect in a raider with flicker fields instead of incubi

3 troops choices in 1750 with no pain tokens??? No way! I am a big supporter of not neding max troops choices to optimise kill power but 2x5 and 1x9 is just too small, especially whn 1 of those units is an assault unit. Add to the fact i loose a couple of lances doing this and you can see my hesitation

vect wrote:

i also take beast masters as their amazing obv if u have loads to paint u may not have time but its well worth it if u can get that unit

I have a beast pack done (4 razorwings, 5 khymera, 1 clawed fiend, 4 beast masters) but with the mobility of this force they may just get left behind...

How is this list?

The Duke Sliscus (joins 9 warrior unit)

8 incubi, klaivex, raider, flickerfield, torment launchers, shock prow
5 true born, 2 dark lances, raider, flickerfield

5 warriors, blaster, venom with 2 splinter cannons
9 warriors, blaster, sybarite, raider, flickerfield

Ravager, flickerfield
Void raven, flickerfield
Razorwing, flickerfield, splinter cannon

Then i have 163 points to spend...

6 Reavers, 2 Blasters (162)
or
5 Scourges, 2 haywire Blasters (130), drop an Incubi (-22) and add a haemonculus with venom blade (55) to the incubi
or
3 Beast Masters, 4 razorwing flocks, 5 khymera (156)

Personally i like the reaver option right now...

vect
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2012, 21:27

ok im entering a similar tournament and fully agree i wudnt bother following it unless u know ur gunna win the tournament DE arent gd enough to take these kinda hits becoz in comp play we rely on gd terrain and a gd match up

ill go back thru and reply to ur replies Very Happy

lol raevers with heat lances are better iu jus put down sum numbers so lets theory hammer 2 heatlances 1 hit u know need 6's to glance if ur not in 2d6 awesome units Very Happy spam them lol

the point of 4 truborn 4 blasters is u play aggressive and take down the critical units like psiflemen or land radiers or hydras etc etc dark eldar work best with weight of fire like most armies do so the more u can throw down the better ull get

dark eldar have 2 be played agressive wit hthe knowledge that not all untis will survive

razor wings are worse than ravagers and their more expensive 2 dark lances average 1 misses and 50% chacne to glance and thats 145 pts lol

void raven same thing agen its over priced and statistically VS a ravager its no better and iv worked this out as well lol
for long fangs u have 36+ poison shots with a 48" range use them!!!!!!

i use that set up 3 troops at 1750 and my average is pretty gd Smile

beast master squad is pretty gd i like claw feinds havent used them yet tho iwud suggets adding 1 more handler and get 5 more khymera bczo their awesome

as for the proposed list i kno we both have different play styles so with that in mind

drop the sybarite from the warriors u dont need him
boost the beast masters up 2 have handlers the unit i use is 8 razor wings 5 khymera but 6 razor 5 kymera and 1 claw feind wud work as well

5 Scourges, 2 haywire Blasters (130), drop an Incubi (-22) and add a haemonculus with venom blade (55) to the incubi add this as well if u can

then i think ur list is pretty much gd to go
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 12:45

I much prefer the blaster on the reavers to a heat lance... the HL just makes them suicide units like the blasterborn!

I might start a tactica about that

vect
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 13:40

hahaha lol go for it problem is dark eldar require u 2 pay like u got apair u cant sit around like marines in rhinos waiting u gotta hit fast and hard and play aggressive

i agree on the reavers id give them blasters but i wudnt use reavers at all coz their easy victory points and to do damage ud need 3 blaster which means the squad is really expensive
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 15:43

Massaen wrote:
I much prefer the blaster on the reavers to a heat lance... the HL just makes them suicide units like the blasterborn!

I might start a tactica about that

actually they arent "as" sucicidal as you think. T1 you turboboost, hoping for them to draw some fire. T2 They move in for the kill and get in 9" range of a tank (preferably not a transport) and pop it, then with the 6" jetbike movement and skilled riders, putting them 15" in terrain away from the opponent. At this points T4 with a 4+ coversave makes them very surviable to low volume of shots, which is what mech armies normally have. Plus if they really consentrate of them, thats less fire against your raiders.

True, a blaster is the same concept but from a safer distance, but your A: Paying 3 more points a gun, and B: Not getting the huge benifit of AP1. But to each their own
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 16:29

15" after a 2" disembark and 1" base puts them in assault range though... I can ping away from 18" with another 6" up my sleave after shooting and with a turbo boost - get side armour easy enough

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 17:55

remember you are also in terrain, so they have to assault through terrain... on top of that like I said its not optimal to shoot at transports (sometimes it has to be done though) Also at that points why arent your venoms/warriors/razorwings not shooting at what pops out Razz

Again though I do agree that the extra range is a confort thing. But trust me when you get good with Heat Lances you will never go back. that AP1 is too useful

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
vect
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 19:51

if u turo boost then ur within rapid fire range anfd ok its only 4's to wound but theyll soon drop and if u go into terrain a smart player will check where u are and leave them bczo nethin over 2" u get a cover save and if ur within the 2 inch u need 2+ on difficut terrain roles to eat them in combat

first article shud be dont bother lol
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 20:58

you know you dont have to go the full 36" for turboboost right??? on top of that when they turbo boost they essesntially become marines (T4 with a 3+ coversave) and we all know how resilient marines are. On top of that Reavers have skilled riders, meaning thats its almost statistically impossible to die due to diffucult terrian.

On top of that, to get within that 2" bubble of where terrain doesnt give you its cover effect they will have to be able to move a total of 10" without running (3" deployment from destroyed vehicle, 10" in movement phase) and since running is in leu of shooting, Im sure you are safe from not getting your cover save. That being said sure, 10 man tact squad will blow them out of the water, but in reality who sees 10 man fielding as the same squad??? BB marines combat squad like a mofo, and any other variant (BA/GKs) prefer smaller squads for more armor saturation. The only one you would kinda see in that number range is Grey Hunters from SW, and even then you still havent accounted for your AI elements (venoms, razorwings, raider warrior squads, wyches) and why arent they now shooting/assaulting the jucy filling of said blown up tank???

I am not saying Blasters on Reavers is a bad option. Infact, the more blasters the better in my book. But I feel that you guys are wasting the oppotunity of a great gun when your only negitive is that you are "within charge range" which would require him a 6 on the move through cover of his blown up tank (which is more likely to happen because of AP 1) and a 6 on his charge through cover to reach you.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
vect
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 17:07

its bcoz u get 1 gun per 3 so u need really 9 for gd averages if u take 2 like has been suggested average u gunna miss with 1 then 50% chance to glance is enogh for me not 2 bother taking them
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 03:48

The arguement that i need a 6" on difficult terrain is a misplaced theory. Fact is - you have to be RIGHT on the range - i mean exact. A little over the 9" and the blaster is better. Under this and the assault gets easier. Lets face it, your going to end up too close more often than not to ensure the melta which makes the now angry unit deploying much more likely to catch you.

vect
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 14:07

yea i agree with thats and the point then is 1 for 1 jus isnt gd enough for dark eldar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks   1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 dark eldar for tourney in 4 weeks
Page 1 of 1