THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Red Sands WIP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
opheliate
Hellion

Kabal of the Red Sands WIP Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Red Sands WIP   Kabal of the Red Sands WIP I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2012, 07:04

So I got my hands on the DE battleforce a few months ago, and I just got enough confidence to start painting them. I wanted to go for a wastelander look, sort of like the raiders and bandits of the Fallout series, or Mad Max movies. That means, a lot of rust, improvised armor etc (pics will come) So, here goes the storyline...

---

The Kabal of the Red Sands

Archon Saidani Arunax

As an heir to the Arunax noble family, Saidani was never one to hold back his thoughts, and often spoke his mind in fron tof his elders, earning him quite some animosity from other elders. As he slowly rose to power, mostly due to his ferocity in battle rather than his wits, he was quickly blindsided by the political intrigues. Not being one very skilled in manipulation, he often took to the blade rather than the tongue when dealing with political affairs. Killing a fellow kin was not such a large crime, to be sure, but doing it on a regular basis only gave him more enemies than friends, and he quickly found himself without allies. After having slain his own family after one of them questioned his political talents, he realized he was on his own, and he had only his own foul mood to blame for it, he quickly gathered his remaining loyal troops and left the dark city. Now, having made his home on a desolate wasteland planed, he has taken on a different way of life for a dark eldar.

Instead of garnering slaves from raids, any enemies he capture are set loose on the planet to start their own societies, letting them grow strong and create armies of their own. Once in a while, he will call to these tribes of alien captives to gather their fores and meet in battle upon the red sands on the planet. Every tribe fight for itself, and Archon Saidani will lead his forces into this bloody inferno to feast on the destruction and despair. This way, there is never a shortage of grand battles. However, as a consequence of this, the weekly slaughters make all populations dwindle, and the main purpose of the kabals raids is to gather new populations for the tribes.

The Kabal of the Red Sands

The kabal itself is mainly made up of kabalites and a prominent wych cult (the cult of the Waning Sun), and utilizes a grand arsenal of skimmers to traverse the dunes of the desert planet. As traditional eldar armour and weaponry must be scavenged, due to their self imposed exile from the dark city, many eldar wear customized rag tag armor, scavenged and re-built form materials at hand.

Due to the lack of leisures that they enjoyed in Commorragh, the eldar of the Kabal of the Red Sands takes joy in battle itself, instead of just bathing in the suffering of others. As such, many kabalites ebentually make their way into the wych coven, where they learn to fully appreciate the joy of battle. As a consequence, many of the elder of the kabal might not be as vivant as those in the dark city, who can replenish their waning souls constantly, but have to fight to regain their strength. This has lead to a throng of elite warrirors within the kabal, but with the downside that they quickly succumb to boredom and infighting if the warring tribes grow too weak to offer a real fight, or if their numbers dwindle.

--

Ideas?

Last edited by opheliate on Wed Feb 15 2012, 13:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Red Sands WIP   Kabal of the Red Sands WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 13:42

Sounds like a decent enough idea to me, the usual concern with exiles would be how they deal with the Slaanesh issue, most DE don't come to the attention of Slaanesh because they dwell in the webway/Commorragh, how does your Kabal avoid its attentions.

You might want to edit the bit about his fowl mood as well (should be spelt foul), as i had visions of him squawking in rage when he realised he'd killed his family. I know, I'm childish, but it's like Xelkireth says about suspending disbelief and it doesn't take much to burst that bubble. (see grisly trophy guide to DIYing for more info http://www.thedarkcity.net/t649-guide-to-diying)

Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
opheliate
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Red Sands WIP   Kabal of the Red Sands WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2012, 13:49

Thanks for the pointers. Of course, FOUL is the word I was looking for. And yes, the slaneeshi issue I hadn't thought over completely. Maybe its a "kidnapped" planet, taken into a private corner of the webway? Its supposed to be pretty poor and they wnt have access to any homy cults either (as if I could care less Razz ), but the general mood I want to go for is poor, ragtag band of murderers who has taken up some form of lifestyle beyond Commorragh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Red Sands WIP   Kabal of the Red Sands WIP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Red Sands WIP
Page 1 of 1