THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

To Forge World, from The Dark City

Go down 
+41
John M
thejamppa
Sathonyx
Nomic
BerryStyle
crion
Kinnay
Abyss
Super Dave
Black Death
Vesuvan
Yadahr of the Stolen Star
allmightydm
Cavash
Z405
Kinslayer
redgrief
DarkKokabel
Allandrel
Sorrowshard
gunnerboy1607
teh603
thecactusman17
S'jet
mot666
Uncle Haemonculus
lonewolf
The_Burning_Eye
Ciirian
alexwellace
Father Dagon
CaptainBalroga
Captain Mayhem
Ruke
Azdrubael
Lord Clazaryn
Gobsmakked
KnightSeerValkia
Evil Space Elves
Darkgreen Pirate
Sky Serpent
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 05:29

Maybe something that looks like the scorpion thing with chaos! i swear that model looks awesome!

or how bout like a bigger, stronger and meaner version of a talos? i think that would be awesome! prob something as big or even bigger than the current talos and a greater daemon and such? or like a walker vehicle/transport for an archon or something?
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2012, 15:51

I don't think DE would have a Titan really, our equivalent would be the Ship/barge, as Discussed with Will hayes a big 'D' class centerline weapon and several support armaments would be the order of the Day, broadly I think it will perhaps have more in common with a Thawk than an actual titan if done properly.

I suppose there could be variants of the Reaper, same one big gun layout, maybe with a pulse disintegrator, oversized heat lance and Dark lance options would be nice. whatever happens the main gun needs some kinda rule for advanced targeting making them TL as the Reaper costs significantly more than a Ravager but is only better in very specific circumstances the rest of the time it is worse , and advanced Aether sails , Just. WHY ?

the Warp hunter costs the same and is better in every conceivable way, needs to be better.

The Tantalus is utter tripe, I think i have played about ten games with one now and no matter what I try I never does anything its just a 200 point handicap, the gun cant kill tanks and cover renders the desintis unreliable on infantry at best, using the transport capacity just paints a bigger target on it,

So its not good at at , its not good at AI and it's not a very good transport either, well unless you consider an explodey 200 point chimera 'good' its made matters worse that the Necron *snip* Canoe has much better flyover damage potential than this.... Disintis up to str 6 , vehicle shadow field 3++ and decent flyover damage and giving it the 2 DL sponsons from the prototype model, and I would probably take one, currently its so bad I don't even want to take it out of the box to look at it.... it wont be getting painted or seeing the table until they sort it out , I may even sell mine....

I think some people are missing the point with what FW tend to do with their wish listing .

One or two FW specfic Characters are not impossible and I think Trueborn and Blood-bride Conversion Kits have legs.

Some sort of vehicle that generates a Large WWP that vehicles can deploy from would be interesting as would some other vehicles bigger than a raider but smaller than the 'Galleon' (I'm thinking Lynx ish)

Mostly I'd be happy to A.) shut up and go away if FW sort those rules out B.) Give them all my money and my lungs for DE pirate ship super heavy 'thingy'

Alan has hinted at the potential for a massive Talos-like construct , could be v cool

Edited language - Baron T
Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 08:44

Adding my voice to the desire for Trueborn and Bloodbride upgrade sprues. Weapons, distinctive heads, and maybe an alternate torso back with a cape or banner for the Trueborn.

I would REALLY like to see FW do some alternate Grotesques, Wracks, and Haemonculi. I have nothing against the existing models, but having 1 sculpt each for the Haemonculi and Grotesques is ridiculous. I'm kitbashing Grotesques with Rat Ogre, Chaos Spawn, and Talos parts.
Back to top Go down
DarkKokabel
Hellion
DarkKokabel

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 16:33

I agree with everything above but would also like to add:
Vect's Ziggurat, from Path of the Renegade it sounds like an amazingly destructive piece that would make an awesome super heavy.
And some new options for creatures that are taken during realspace raids or from other sub-realms. The machinzed predators of Iron Throne and giant flyers of the Nineth Raptrex seem pretty awesome and would fit with our beastmasters perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 17:20

Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone.

When I have more time on my hands I'll compile the best and most sought after ideas so we can develop them - exactly what we would like and why.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 18:58

A nose plug for the raiders and ravagers that can fill in that stupid hole if we dont want to use shock prows... >.<
Back to top Go down
redgrief
Slave
redgrief

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2012, 20:03

we should so get a dark eldar titan, i would call it a eath titan, will make my if not, by my own space marine one and convert it.
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Kinslayer
Slave

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 03:44

Just to add my two cents in the mix:

1) I would love to see a Dark Eldar version of the Storm Serpent. The key part being that the WWP would allow Venoms, Raiders and Ravagers to enter.

2) A Razorwing to Raven conversion kit is brilliant.

3) Another new Engine of Pain would be appreciated.

4) A Succubus on a Jetbike (who allows Reavers to be taken as troops)

5) More Beasts for the beastmasters

Personally, I would like to see a deep striking WWP apocalypse formation (d3+HQ units in the Force; none may take WWP as wargear)

Back to top Go down
Z405
Slave

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 13:49

* Special Characters
* Female Archon/Male Succubus
* Trueborn/Bloodbride pimp kits
* Alternate Grotesque models (4 / 5 or something)
* 2 More Haemonculi and 1 Ancient Haemonculi model (how about a female Haemonculi?)
* Female Wracks?
* More Mandrake models, there are only 3. (and if possible with loose heads with long-untied hair that i can use for other models) ((how about a female Mandrakes?)
* Klaivex with Demi Klaives and female Incubi?
* A tantulus which allows 21 Dark Eldar to ride along (20 warriors + HQ unit)
* Arena Champion models
* Some more visually interesting Beats for the Beastmaster
* More Beastmaster models (how about a female beastmistress)
* Voidraven Bomber

Basically everything thats missing out of the current codex.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2012, 16:54

I'm thinking of an awesomely detailed Haemonculous and lots of wrack servants.
Also, I would like to see a new sword. The current Power Swords are interesting, but I would like to see one styled like a Japanese blade such as a Tachi or a Wakizashi/Ko-Wakizahi.
I think the swords would work well as a Sybarite upgrade kit, along with more flags and flag backs. I love flags, and they could be used to distinguish a Trueborn Squad.
Back to top Go down
allmightydm
Slave

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2012, 20:01

A mandrake HQ to unlock mandrakes as troops that can be deployed with them, with several weapon choices including a warp weapon that does 2d6 to penetrate a vehicle or an option that is power and that starts with a pain token. Giving them hit and run would be good as well. Give him an option to take a bloodstone equivalent (ie klaivex bloodstone).

A jetbiker HQ that unlocks them as troops, something similar to the baron, maybe with some "borrowed" haemonculus wargear like a webway portal/dark portal. Maybe deliver it when moving turbo, similar to a voidraven bomber bombing run, so that the attatched squad could use bladevanes. Allow him to take a blast pistol\fusion pistol at least. Maybe make him a harlequin.

A closed top assault fast skimmer transport at least as good as a vendetta.

A Succubus type HQ with combat drugs that turns bloodbrides into a troop.

A Hq that places webway portals like the GK can place Servo Skulls.

A marbo like HQ that has a disentegrator.

A kherunderak like HQ that can assault when he comes in.

A Grotestque HQ with a disentegrator that has the option of a power weapon and makes grotesques a troop.

A Haemonculus HQ that grants Wracks fleet...

An open topped sphereoid vehicle that has a webway portal in the center.

An elite infiltrating warrior type unit with stealth that gets melta lances or disentegrator options.

A cheap assault shredder cannon with 36" range just for more options.

A piece of arcane wargear that acts like Bolt of Change to create chaos spawn equivalents.

A jump infantry monstrous creature with low toughness, but high strength and combat drugs.

An acid launcher that continues to glance vehicles in subsequent rounds.

An elite group of wyches that can travel between webway portals on the table.

A HQ that can modify reserve rolls, possibly the marbo equivalent.

Jetbikes that bounce a melta/blaster beam between them.

An HQ that causes night fighting for at least a round.

Another HQ that allows you to reroll combat drugs.

A aether sails fast skimmer transport that can drop void mines.

A cheap HQ that gives grenades to his group. (archon possibly does this, but incubi really need it)

A vehicle for Harlequins or at least let them use the webway or deep strike.

Fast attack skyboard "wracks" that blow up as per necrotoxin missle with void mine upgrade.

A painship, open topped raider that counts units within 6" as having +1 pain token.

An assault barge with the ability to fire on either side with splinter cannons, blasters, disentegrators, multi-shredders, or haywires.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22 2012, 22:11

Ok guys I want to look at wrapping this up by the end of the week, I need help finishing the below list.

GENERAL & UPGRADE KITS

The below are

Vehicle Upgrade Kits - Similar to the the additional pieces on the Reaper, we think FW would do justice to the plethora of vehicle upgrades found in the Codex eg more Enhanced Aethersails, alternate Shock Prows, Envenomed Blades to allow experienced and beginner modellers alike the chance to make their Raiders and Venoms more distinct.

Trueborn & Blood Bride Upgrade Kits - We would like kits to make our Trueborn and Blood Brides really stand out; alternate heads, torsos, more back banners and trophy racks as well as the necessary weapons to equip our elite troops.

Raven Fighter - An upgrade to the Razorwing Jetfighter kit to bring the Raven in line with the new aesthetics.

Dais Of Destruction - We don't know if you'd be treading on your parent companies toes with this but an upgrade to the Ravager kit, complete with throne and concubines would be awesome.

APOCALYPSE & IA KITS

The following ideas are models that our members would like to see, units fieldable in Apocalypse as well as ideas for if the Dark Eldar were to feature in a future Imperial Armour.

Arena Reavers - Jetbikers from the arena, a gladiatorial jetbike unit, focused on Close combat. The current Reavers could serve as the base for this kit while new, dynamic arena riders would be on top.

Arena Beast - A gigantic beast, fit for any Wych arena or sponsored realspace raid.

Coven Construct - A larger Coven engine, similar to the Talos and Cronos.

Portal Gun - An idea from some of our members has been that of a portal gun, mounted on skimmer of choice that would be able to fire a Webway Portal, opening up new tactics and game mechanics.

Coven Venom - An upgrade to the Venom, this would bring back the horrorfexes as well as lend players an additional modelling opportunity.

BARGE OF AWESOME

Haemonculus Ancient
Alternate Archons
Alternate Tantalus
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22 2012, 22:30

Yeah, looks good.
I hope that forge world do a Dais, as it would just be glorious. I don't think GW could give it the glory it deserves.
Definately Trueborn kits as my trueborn at the moment are just normal Warriors, but with shorter guns.

I think the list is good, and if it gets sent off I hope that they make at least a couple of the suggestions. I'm really fond of the Arena Reavers idea.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22 2012, 22:45

I really like the idea of the arena reavers with more close combat weapon options. But I think the trueborn and bloodbride upgrades would be really popular, particularly given the popularity of trueborn in common lists.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22 2012, 22:53

I think what we need to remember is we're not giving them loads of ideas for things to make from scratch, more like what most of us want and is feasible; it's also very obvious that the more likely it is to sell, the more likely it is to be made.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23 2012, 00:33

Sky Serpent wrote:
I think what we need to remember is we're not giving them loads of ideas for things to make from scratch, more like what most of us want and is feasible; it's also very obvious that the more likely it is to sell, the more likely it is to be made.

Yes, we absolutely have to keep it realistic in terms of achievable and saleable. I think you have pretty much nailed it Sky, coven vehicle crew is about the only other thing I might suggest at this point.
Back to top Go down
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25 2012, 18:36

i'd like to see klaivex conversion kits (given how often i use incubi, i'd buy a ton of these)
also:
- slaves! would work sort of like beastmasters, but would have something like Penal Legionares for upgrades. maybe penals with a single CCW and nothing else? they could also do repairs on vehicles, a bit liek techpriests, iron priests, canoptek spyders, meks, etc.
- the ability to buy incubi ten at a time instead of 5 at a time.
Back to top Go down
Vesuvan
Slave
Vesuvan

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08 2012, 02:08

First things first I think we need an Imperil Armor Book like the rest of the "cool" armies get. And While DE don't fight long and protracted fights, which is most Imperial Armor backdrops, I do see them in stealing a whole planet into the webway. They did with the suns in the webway. The backdrop could then be the last days of the planet as they enslave the residents and stripmine the rock. This could then open up new units and models to the 3 arms of the Dark Eldar, the Kabals, the Covens, and the Cults. As far as new units I could see for kabals I like most others would love to see a webway barge of some form, and please let units assault from it. I think that the kabals need a AA unit of some form. I don't think that a titian is really in the Dark Eldar style, but a super heavy flyer that can drop scourges or other troops from it does feel like their style. The Kabals could also use conversion kits for the raiders and ravagers that have new weapons. The Covens have a lot of potential. We have wracks and grotesques and I would love the next level that a master flesh crafter would birth. Another pain engine would be great. A torturer barge would be alot of fun to have. The Cults are not to be left out of the fun. Mounted beastmasters would be a great until to have, and big seller in my opinion. New beast in general are always welcome. I for one will throw my hat in with a new jetbike of some form, maybe it could have two riders one driving and one killing. New Characters for each arm of the Dark Eldar, new Hami, new Wych on Jetbike, and new Archon. I know this may sound like I am asking for a lot, but I just wanted to show that Forge World could do a full Imperial Armor if they so desired. I for one would buy all new Dark Eldar models in it along with the book.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03 2012, 19:38

All I want is a assualt vehicle with an assult ramp that can carry up to 15-20 models. Something similar to the Tauntalus would be perfect with shrapnel launchers on the front.

Special characters would be nice also but I have already done my conversions.
Back to top Go down
Super Dave
Hellion
Super Dave

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07 2012, 18:56

I like this compiled list that Sky Serpent put together. But I would make the following tweaks....

Sky Serpent wrote:
Ok guys I want to look at wrapping this up by the end of the week, I need help finishing the below list....

Coven Construct - A larger Coven engine, similar to the Talos and Cronos.

Coven Venom - An upgrade to the Venom, this would bring back the horrorfexes as well as lend players an additional modelling opportunity.

I would be sure to make the Coven Venom a possible upgrade for the Venom in any 40k game. And if that is not interesting enough, an idea popped into my head about maybe combining the two ideas for the Coven goodies.

Maybe make it some monstrous Coven Construct that serves as a transport of some kind of Coven units.

So the Coven transport is actually a living thing that is probably double the size of a Grotesque. So the ship in and of itself is alive. Give it arms and weapons instead of blade vanes. Give it limbs holding the horrorfex launcher instead of it being attached to the hull. It could have the same transport capacity of a Venom but only HQ allowed to board it are Haemis, and only Coven units (Wracks and Grotesques) are able to ride it.

-------

If that doesn't strike your fancy, and you don't want a living transport OR if you are like me and want something especially sick and twisted.... having some monstrous creature that is a Coven Construct, act almost as a War Walker/Penitent Engine/Dreadknight style contraption for a Haemonc to ride to battle on/in.

Instead of electrodes and/or vehicle control panels, the Haemonc has literally sewn himself into the body of the construct and controls it via its own will. Imagine like a Talos with a Haemonc lodged into its flesh. So over this helmed face, you see the grinning visage of the Haemonc as he wields the beast like a suit of armor.

Back to top Go down
Abyss
Slave

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30 2012, 15:02

Trueborn/Bloodbride conversion kit sounds ace
Personally, I'd love a skyboard Archon that lets you take Hellions as Troops. Love the idea of an army of Hellions screaming across the board towards a helpless army of Mon'keigh guardsmen affraid
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30 2012, 15:07

Baron Sathonyx, this is Abyss. I believe you two haven't met before.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02 2012, 20:04

A hem, well, I love the Baron and take him with a unit of 14 and 2 units of 15, as troops, but unfortunetly the don't have great stayability. Even so I continue to try and someday....
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03 2012, 22:02

I have a couple of days off and I think I'll get this finished and sent off, question = email or physical?
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03 2012, 22:40

Answer = better do both. Really, there's no better way to make sure it reaches them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Forge World, from The Dark City   To Forge World, from The Dark City - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Forge World, from The Dark City
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next