THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Twin-Souls94
Slave
Twin-Souls94

Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List. Empty
PostSubject: Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List.   Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List. I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 20:32

Very Happy Greetings fellow Archons, Succubi and Fleshcrafters! Very Happy

What follows is a basic army list for my Kabal, listing the units deployed on the battlefield, and a brief description of its individual tactics and goals to further my immortal glory Increase OUR dominance over the lesser races in Real-Space. And so settle down children, ill demonstrate the correct technique for crushing civilised worlds like Exodite worms...

-HQ-

Archon
(armed with a Djinn blade, combat drugs, webway portal, ghostplate, shadow feild and blast pistol)
Court of the Archon (Sslyth, Lhamaean and two Medusae)
for those uneducated folk who are unaware of my kabals fluff, here is a link to a first draft (will be updated soon)

The assassin that failed to kill my Archon will be used as the lhamaean for game purposes. (keep you friends close and all that...)

-TROOPS-
Kabalite Warriors *10*
(with splinter Cannon, shredder and a Sybarite with a power weapon and blast pistol)
Raider (splinter racks and flickerfield)

Kabalite Warriors *10*
(with splinter Cannon, shredder and a Sybarite with a power weapon and blast pistol)

Kabalite Warriors *10*
(with Dark Lance, Blaster and a Sybarite with a venom blade)

Kabalite Warriors *10*
(with Dark Lance, Blaster and a Sybarite with a venom blade)

Wyches *10*
(with Hydra Gauntlets, Razorflails, and a Hekatrix with a power weapon and blast pistol)
deploying via webway portal

Wyches *10*
(with Hydra Gauntlets, Razorflails, and a Hekatrix with a power weapon and blast pistol)

-ELITES-

Incubi *5* (Klaivex with demiklaives bloodstone and onslaught)
Raider (with night shields, flickerfield and enhanced aethersails) ALSO carrying the Archon and Court

Mandrakes *10* (nightfiend)
infiltrate and become bullet magnets

Wracks *10* (two liquifier guns and an Acothyst with Hexrifle)
Raider (with flickerfield)

-FAST ATTACK-

Scourges *10* (with Haywire blaster, blaster and a solarite with a power weapon and blast pistol)
destroy anything that even resembles enemy armour

Hellions *10* (helliarch with phantasm launchers, and stunclaw)
menace enemy troops, draw fire and character hunt

-HEAVY SUPPORT-

Talos Pain Engine
(with chain flails)

Chronos Pain engine
(spirit probe, spirit vortex)

Ravager (flickerfield and night shields)

-and that readers, is how i Roll-

feel free to comment any quiries, thoughts and ideas or criticisms. i hope this helps with the writing of future Dark Eldar lists Very Happy http://www.thedarkcity.net/t3002-kabal-of-the-twin-souls-fluff
Back to top Go down
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List.   Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List. I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 22:42

I keep it short, I don't like the list, not even a tiny bit.

First of all, please write which point level your list is. I had to rebuild the army in my army builder to realize that this is a 2750 points army. That a crazy number, are you usually playing with your friends on this point level?

I'm atm not sure if the list is invalid. At least the German rulebook says, that you're only able to deposit one unit in a transport-vehicle. The Court and the Incubi count as two different units. (page 48 RB "Courts of independent Characters")

edit: The list is invalid anyway, you have to take every court unit in a Court of the Archon, but you're missing the Yr'ghul.

Beside that fact, your list if full of unneeded and/or bad upgrades and so way to expensive units. I could rant about every unit expect the Ravager,but I wanted to keep it short, so here's one last advice.

Look at the lists that other people write and even more important, look at the comments, to get a feeling about what in our codex works and what doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List.   Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List. I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 23:05

I have to agree with SleepyPillow here.

Let me start with your Archon. If you have the Shadow Field then it is a waste of points to take Ghostplate Armour. The Djin Blade is risky and could be replaced with an Agoniser or a Huskblade. I, personally, find these more effective and there is no chance of your Archon beheading himself by accident.

The Power Weapons, Venom Blades, Blast Pistols are not needed on your warriors. I wouldn’t recommend the Blast Pistols on the Wyches either, but that is my preference.
Take off the Splinter Racks from the Raiders.

You cannot have more than one squad on a Raider. If you have Flickerfields on it then I would not recommend Night Shields.

You do not need that many Mandrakes. Personally, I would drop them all together in favour of Trueborn.

I would recommend a squad of 5 for your Scourges, without the Power Weapon. I would also replace the Blaster for a Heat Lance. (Although Scourges is a matter on which SleepyPillow and I do not agree Very Happy )

On the Hellions I would say, Agoniser, not Stunclaw. Even though the Stunclaw would be good for character hunting, the Incubi, with your Archon attached to them, would provide better IC murder power. Well, I prefer them for it.

I know your plan for the Talos and Cronos, but I would definitely say drop the Talos for a Ravager. A bit more AT could be useful.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List.   Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List. I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2012, 00:30

Hi Twin souls, welcome to the dark city.

First thing to remember, it's YOUR list, so whilst others will comment on it and say this is a waste of points or you're better off taking that unit, you can ignore all of that if you want to.

If you're looking for the most effecient uses of points though, the other guys on here have got plenty of experience and I wouldn't argue that trueborn with blasters are more effective than mandrakes. Not gonna stop me taking the lank-haired mouthless little blighters though!
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List.   Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List. I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2012, 00:32

The_Burning_Eye wrote:

First thing to remember, it's YOUR list, so whilst others will comment on it and say this is a waste of points or you're better off taking that unit, you can ignore all of that if you want to.

Oh, I'm sorry if it appeared a little strong minded. I only meant to offer my opinion. I apologise if any offence or upset was caused, Twin-Souls94.
Back to top Go down
Twin-Souls94
Slave
Twin-Souls94

PostSubject: Re: Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List.   Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List. I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2012, 01:09

Not at all guys, i appreciate the feedback. Very Happy i have however got reasons for the some of the disadvantages xD
i take a long time to write a solid army list, and for this one its more of a display army rather than a tournement force, so the bad unit options are more down to wanting my converted models in my force.

oh and to answer the points quiry, i would never game with this list, but when i plan a collection i fill the force organisation chart normally, and then i have the variety of models and untis to write severa smaller lists

starting with the mandrakes, normally you are correct with dropping them all together but i purchased the models before reading the codex in-depth, and i dont have the heart to leave such beautifully painted models out of my list xD

Next is the talos, i also agree that using the second ravager is preferable but i bought a wraithlord and talos kit, and converted a nasty looking wraithlord (i take pride on my conversions)

The scourges are by far my favourite unit in the codex, and so i wanted to make them purely anti infantry so they have a solid objective of tank hunting. (hence the blast pistol) also, i put blast pistols.

as you are probably guessing by now, i wrote a competent list here that includes all of my favourite models of my collection, and i will refine it to its sharper pointy list xD
Back to top Go down
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List.   Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List. I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2012, 01:13

Don't forget that you still need a own vehicle for the court and a Yr'ghul in said one.
Back to top Go down
Twin-Souls94
Slave
Twin-Souls94

PostSubject: Re: Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List.   Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List. I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2012, 01:15

indeed, that was an oversight, in that case the raider will go to the archon and his larger court, and the incubi can chill in a venom
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List.   Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List. I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2012, 01:17

In that case, going off of it as a collection, I think it is a pretty awesome army to strive for.
Back to top Go down
Twin-Souls94
Slave
Twin-Souls94

PostSubject: Re: Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List.   Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List. I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2012, 01:32

Thank you guys ^^ i look forward to posting more reliable lists in future xD
Back to top Go down
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List.   Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List. I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2012, 13:41

There are always 2 kinds of army lists: a competitive one made for Tournaments - and a list made for fun and fluff.
I try to stick to the tournament point of view (you can't argue about the fluff of other Kabals/Archons. You can just like it or not) but I try to keep your fluff in mind.

I like to build my models for versability (so my Archon might might pass as Duke Sliscus and as he is wielding Sword & Dagger, that might pass as venomblade, agonizer, Sliscus Blades of even a Djinn blade).

Twin-Souls94 wrote:

HQ
Archon(armed with a Djinn blade, combat drugs, webway portal, ghostplate, shadow feild and blast pistol)
Court of the Archon (Sslyth, Lhamaean and two Medusae, Yrrghul)
a little bit expensive w/ blast pistol + Djinn blade + GPA, but if you drop the latter, nothing to worry about. Never used the Court, but the fluff sounds interesting.

Twin-Souls94 wrote:

TROOPS
Kabalite Warriors *10*(with splinter Cannon, shredder and a Sybarite with a power weapon and blast pistol)

Kabalite Warriors *10* (with splinter Cannon, shredder and a Sybarite with a power weapon and blast pistol)
Shredders aren't worth the points (but you are able to stun/immobilize vehicles with it - just try to hit their sides).
Same with the Powerweapon on your sybarites (but in a game they might pass as normal weapons for saving points).
As those units are intended to kill Infantery, perhaps get Dissies on your Raiders instead of DL.

Twin-Souls94 wrote:

Kabalite Warriors *10* (with Dark Lance, Blaster and a Sybarite with a venom blade)

Kabalite Warriors *10* (with Dark Lance, Blaster and a Sybarite with a venom blade)
personally I would never field these units via Webportal. I would use them as a sniper-unit, sitting in cover and killing vehicles and securing mission markers. If you come out of a portal, it is turn 2+ and you are able to shoot 1-3 times with them dark lances. too expensive

Twin-Souls94 wrote:

Wyches *10* (with Hydra Gauntlets, Razorflails, and a Hekatrix with a power weapon and blast pistol)

Wyches *10*(with Hydra Gauntlets, Razorflails, and a Hekatrix with a power weapon and blast pistol)
Perhaps give those Wyches some haywire grenades so they can destroy tanks more easily. Hekatrix really look great with Sword and a big bad pistol - but a simple agonizer is more points effective.

Twin-Souls94 wrote:

-ELITES-

Incubi *5*(Klaivex with demiklaives bloodstone and onslaught)
Raider (with night shields, flickerfield and enhanced aethersails)

Mandrakes *10* (nightfiend)
infiltrate and become bullet magnets

Wracks *10* (two liquifier guns and an Acothyst with Hexrifle)
Raider (with flickerfield)
You already said that the Incubi are getting a Venom.
Never used Mandrakes, the models do look cool, the rules do not.

You mentioned a Haemi in your Fluff. Get one and your Wracks are Troop-choices. And your Haemi will be able to deliver a second WWP.

Twin-Souls94 wrote:

-FAST ATTACK-

Scourges *10* (with Haywire blaster, blaster and a solarite with a power weapon and blast pistol)
destroy anything that even resembles enemy armour

Hellions *10* (helliarch with phantasm launchers, and stunclaw)
menace enemy troops, draw fire and character hunt
In games, I would spilt the scourge units in two - perhaps get more special weapons

Twin-Souls94 wrote:

-HEAVY-

Talos Pain Engine (with chain flails)

Chronos Pain engine (spirit probe, spirit vortex)

Ravager (flickerfield and night shields)
Talos and Ravager are fine, never used a chronos right now.

perhaps get yourself some venoms so you can cut down the Darklance-warriors to 5 and use them in them. And get another Ravager. Anti-Tank is really importent.
Back to top Go down
Twin-Souls94
Slave
Twin-Souls94

PostSubject: Re: Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List.   Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List. I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2012, 00:14

ahh, it seems ive made some typos here.

my plan is to have four unis of kabalites.
two deployed in cover with dark lances and blasters,
and two deployed in raiders and armed for infantry hunting.

its the 20 wyches that will be deployed via webway portal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List.   Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal Of The Twin Souls Army List.
Page 1 of 1