THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

6th Ed rumors and DE

Go down 
+57
Hijallo
KheraKhera
Ereshkigal
Crazy_Irish
NiteOwl
Sorrowshard
dominus nox
1++
Lord Clazaryn
CaptainBalroga
Farmer
Mandor
Deamon
pingualoty
lululu_42
Gobsmakked
Kinnay
Torpedo Vegas
stealthy327
IASGATG
Plague
thelordhellion
Eldur
Chaeril
Painjunky
Ghosttrain23
Siticus the Ancient
Arrex
DarkKokabel
Ben_S
MurderingBastard
blackoutcs
Grumpy Kwi
Demagoge
Inrit
Massaen
Archon Farath Mure
Cavash
The New AIDS
Count Adhemar
Azdrubael
SleepyPillow
Phototoxin
succorax
Thor665
Shadows Revenge
kenny3760
Allandrel
tlronin
Darkgreen Pirate
Sky Serpent
Firdeth
Ruke
Evil Space Elves
The_Burning_Eye
Nomic
Levitas
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Arrex
Kabalite Warrior

6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2012, 19:38

I'm just wondering how game balance will work with armies like Dark Eldar that don't traditionally have access to "magic", along with Black Templars, Necrons, etc.

Does this mean generic magic for all armies?

At any rate, the new edition is a great opportunity to get the jump on less savvy players by figuring out the ins and outs of the rule set. I'm particularly curious to see if the ol' charts change in specific ways.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2012, 19:57

I don't think that there would be psychic powers for all races, or that it will be neccessary. It could just be some novelty cards just to go along with the powers in the codices that have access to psychic powers.

It has one of two possibilities in my eyes. Psychic powers and similar racial abilities shall take up a bigger role i the game, or they will just be simmilar as how they are now, just with some nice laminated power cards. I don't think that it will take over the game completely though. Well, I hope not.

6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2012, 21:46

There will be a deck of 35 cards with 7 powers for 6 different disciplines.

I'd say that we are very similar to Dwarfs in Fantasy.

They have no magic (like us) but have great magic resistance (err Malys I guess) and access to lots of runes (for that'll be all the fun coven weaponry).

I assume we will be overlooked.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17 2012, 22:37

coverart is over at wareer or bell of lost souls.

stealthy327
Hellion
stealthy327

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17 2012, 23:32

JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 07:28

tlronin wrote:
coverart is over at wareer or bell of lost souls.

While I think that picture is genuine, it looks a lot more like a mock-up for 6E codices than the 6E rulebook.

The logo is the 5E logo, and GW has a habit of changing logos at least slightly with each edition. But it makes a good filler if it's a mock-up when they don't have a finalized army book logo yet.

GW has had a pretty firmly established design for core rulebooks for about ten years now, with borders and a prominent object rather than "army" artwork. And while it is hard to be sure, the photo doesn't look like a 440-page book.

Apart from featuring the 5E logo rather than "Codex: Dark Angels/Blakc Templars" (hard to tell in that photo), this book looks EXACTLY like a 40k version of the 8E fantasy army books: hardback, full-bleed art rather than a border, central heroic figure, title logo at top and white-text description at the bottom. And the logo issue makes sense if this is a mock-up for the design rather than a final product.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 09:30

6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 Armybo11
The book cover in question. I agree with Allandrel, it looks a lot like the cover of the 8th edition Army Books, and it looks sort of small to be the core rulebook, which tend to be huge.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 09:55

they said there will be only one new codex this year: chaos space marines. BUT also that dark angels will be on the starter box...

Two things come to my mind.:

1. DA as a White Dwarf codex (too bad, pathetic even for GW)

2. DA codex is INTO the 6th rulebook? that would be... weird.

But, who knows?

Switch off the Mon-keigh Emperorrrr!!!!

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 10:04

White Dwarf codex would be better than no codex for them, I would imagine. I don't understand the notion of White Dwarf updates being bad. Blood Angels had a white dwarf codex for a while. We're even starting to get Chapter Approved stuff with more regularity, there isn't anything bad about White Dwarf actually featuring game related content besides adds and pretty models.

Keep in mind that rumors get shifted around a lot.Eldar where supposed to be in the box with Dark Angels, now it's chaos, who knows. I think this, compounded with the new painting set (that has Dark Angels marines with sculpted on iconography) makes a good case for Dark Angels getting a new book soon. Though in 8th the Empire got a lot of attention, what with the range finder kit and the bag and the very Empire focused fluff section, and they didn't get a new book right away. Probably best just to flip a coin on it at this point, or wait till Saturday.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 11:14

I personally think it might be an abridged version of the rulebook to be included in one of the starter sets coming later this year. We have the mini-books right now but I can imagine them including a hardcover abridged version instead. Nice price tag with them obviously...

Rumors are that there will be two starters; one for DA and one for CSM and not two armies in one starter as is normal. Both sets would include minis and terrain. Rumors keep circling about special themed terrain for each army and new rules for terrain features.

It could also be the new codex for DA but I doubt that as the cover has no clear title apart from Warhammer 40K. We know what the cover art represents but new players won't.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 13:17

I agree with Allandrel, it looks more like the cover of a codex than a rulebook, principally because of the focus it's got on space marines, I know GW really like to push the marines but the last two editions have both had rulebook covers with the hammer on them rather than any race specific stuff. plus if you remember there was that photo that went round in February with a mystery book just with a question mark on the cover? linky link
just looks to me like it's a codex, particularly given that it's got a Dark Angel on the cover and recently they've been keen to push the ultramarines as the face of generic marines. If it were a rulebook I'd expect it to state that on the cover just as much as I'd expect a codex to state which race it's for. My guess is the photo is of an early mock-up.

I'm also not sure about this rumour of starter sets with just one set of miniatures in them, as that would cut out quite a lot of the people who buy them since no-one's going to buy it just for the figures, buying both would mean people have two copies of templates/rulebooks etc, which will discourage people, and being able to buy one box with everything to play the game is a key selling feature and has been since 2nd edition.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 13:25

Yeah, I agree with TBE on the starter kit point. It would be a bit a bit illogical releasing the starter kits for the two armies, as that would be ust like purchasing a Battleforce box with the addition of a HQ.
I don't think that it would be wise splitting up the starter kit.
Until it is released I suppose that all we can do is specutlate.

Edit: My brother just brought this to my attention, GW has released a second teaser video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gjeBrABtQzc

Last edited by Cavash on Mon Jun 18 2012, 18:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 16:24

[Accidental post. If this could be removed it would be much appreciated-Cavash]

Last edited by Cavash on Mon Jun 18 2012, 18:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 16:28

Well it's better than the first one. Still doesn't really give us any more insight though I don't think sadly.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 16:42

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Well it's better than the first one. Still doesn't really give us any more insight though I don't think sadly.

From what I can tell it contains either a Battle Psyker of a Navigator. Either way it is just probably representing how important psykers are going to be.

Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 17:55

Cavash wrote:
The_Burning_Eye wrote:

From what I can tell it contains either a Battle Psyker of a Navigator. Either way it is just probably representing how important psykers are going to be.

It probably means we will be getting some sort of blanket psychic defense (like dwarfs in WFB). And that psykers will be similar to their status in 2nd ed...maybe.

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 18:06

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
II'm also not sure about this rumour of starter sets with just one set of miniatures in them, as that would cut out quite a lot of the people who buy them since no-one's going to buy it just for the figures, buying both would mean people have two copies of templates/rulebooks etc, which will discourage people, and being able to buy one box with everything to play the game is a key selling feature and has been since 2nd edition.

Agreed, the idea for many, many years has been that you can buy a starter set and be playing within an hour or two. (Though the 3E starter failed there due to normal models that required gluing and no starter scenarios like 2E and later editions featured.)

Plus, separate starters would double production costs without even a chance of doubling sales. Customers would likely just buy the starter for the army they preferred.
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 18:50

I would be rather surprised if we end up with two separate starter sets. Most rumours point to Dark Angels and Chaos Space Marines, which would mean two lots of power armour (though there has been talk that the CSM will include cultists of some sort). That would also be a bit disappointing, given that there's already an imblanace between power armour and xenos, but I can't imagine a starter without loyalists and CSM haven't been in it before. (CSM and IG would have been good though!)

Anyway, some rumours suggest that everyone will get a 6+ save vs psychic powers. I've not heard anything to suggest that DE (or Necrons) will get anything 'extra' to compensate for their lack of psykers. 6th edition could be a bit of a blow for us.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 21:22

Guys and Gals, can you take ALL non Dark Eldar and rules discussion to the thread in GW Rumours please.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t3237p20-6th-edition-release-date-and-cost

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 12:21

A lot of rumours have come courtesy of Darnok from Warseer, seems someone has seen the new WD.

- Hull Points are in, it is stated that Ghost Arks, Land Raiders, and Defilers each have 4 Hull Points apiece. Necrons have the ability to strip hull points for each roll of a 6 to penetrate/glance vehicles, making rapid-firing gauss weaponry very powerful at removing armour.

Would assume that our Raiders and Venoms will be 3 and the Tantalus probably 4 if FW decide to update everything. I'm looking forward to hull points, the dark glance may become king.

- Speaking of rapid fire, you can indeed move and fire once up to the full range of the weapon (it is explicitly stated that Fire Warriors can fire their weapons up to 30" away), no confirmation on the 3x fire for Relentless at half range though.

What I really want to know is how this will work from vehicles. I'm already calling this edition the Kabalite Gunboat edition. Kabalites on foot may well become more viable.

- Assault moves are indeed 2d6", but added together. Units equipped with jump packs can re-roll the dice to see how far they charge.

Unknown how this works alongside fleet. Either way Wyches now have an average assault range of 7 rather than 6.

- The Rage USR gives you +2 attacks on the charge

Correct me if I'm wrong but we don't have anything with that abilility.

- All flying monstrous creatures have the ability to fly 24", doing something called a "Vector Strike", which is a certain amount of automatic hits to a unit they fly over, at the base strength of the creature.

Those Hive Tyrants have been watching those Necrons having so much fun with their command barges.

- Monstrous creatures' attacks are explicitly AP 2

Cool.

- Every army must select a "Warlord" or single general to lead the army, this leader gets an ability. They can choose between three different types of abilities, "Personal", "Inspirational" or "Strategic". They then roll on one of those charts to see what ability it is. The two examples given were a Grand Master giving all friendlies within 12" his Ld of 10 (Inspirational), and a Chaos Lord being a scoring unit (Personal, the ability itself was called "Immovable Object")

I'm sorry but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Can't wait to see the tables, probably looking forward to this the most. Think Duke will be going personal everytime.

- Flyers are a specific type of unit, and it is somewhat unclear as to the rules for shooting at them. Either all units require a 6 to hit them (unless they have a special rule called Skyfire), or this is still the case but only if those flyers move flat-out. Monstrous creatures with the ability to Fly also get this "6-to-hit" rule.

Needs some clarifying but if true we may see some Voidravens pop up, would you pay their premium for a much harder to hit vehicle?

- You have the ability to buy different terrain (it even has its own slot on the new FOC), e.g, you can buy a Bastion with a Quad-Gun (which has the aforementioned Skyfire USR). There seem to be quite a few options for what terrain you can buy, but naturally most of them are typically represented by terrain kits GW sells.

The only thing that disappoints me with this is how hard it is to make DE terrain that fits on any board. I can see abuse coming for this.

- Now we're on the topic of the FOC, the rules for allies weren't laid out specifically, but it is heavily implied that its not the same as in WHFB. They refer to allied units as "Detachments", and there is an example of a player with a Chaos Space Marine force having some detachments of Chaos Daemons in his army. Basically, I was given the impression that it is far more common (and frequent) for a detachment from another 40k army to join a larger one, than it is for a Fantasy army to have Allies. Think more along the lines of the Storm of Magic rules for using TK, VC, or Daemons.

Never been a fan of allies, keep it to multiplayer and Apocalypse. If you could have allies, especially themeatic and count as what would you pick?

- Here's a biggie: Units -can- go on Overwatch, giving them the ability to fire upon an enemy unit which charges them, but at BS 1. Eldar (and any other army with access to the Clairvoyance psychic power set) can use a psychic power to give a unit the ability to fire at their usual BS.

I'm really not scared about BS1 but still, our Wyches are fragile enough.

- Monstrous Creatures have access to a special "Smash" attack, allowing them to halve their attacks, but double their strength. It mentions that this gives them the ability to destroy tanks more easily.

I like it a lot.

- It's somewhat hinted that AP will have some kind of affect against vehicles. This is because part of the Munitorum dice set includes vehicle damage dice. It specifies that some of the dice are "AP 1, AP 2, and AP 3 Damage dice", or something to that effect.

Again, looking forward to learning more about this.

- 4 Disciplines of Psychic powers, basically what we were thinking in terms of Clairvoyance, Biomancy, etc etc. There's a chart near the back of the WD detailing which (if any) psychic disciplines a particular army gains access to. It's interesting to see that a large amount of armies don't have access to any at all.

And we'll be one of them.

Back to top Go down
Inrit
Hellion
Inrit

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 13:22

Argh, it's not mentionning the influence of vehicle's movement to hit them (6 needed to hit a fast skimmer moving maximum speed). I hope this rumour is true, I have dreamt of it for so long, and it matches with DE spirit: hard to reach, but not solid once hit.

Thanks for all the new rumours, it gives an idea already about major changes.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 13:59

And more....

Anyway, Land Speeders have the special rule "Jink", which gives them a 5+ save all the time, this changes to 4+ if they go flat out. (I'm reasonably sure all fast skimmers get this, I'm not sure whether it's a USR or just a quality Fast Skimmers get)

So, that's either Land Speeders get free Flickerfields or every fast skimmer gets a free Flickerfield and we get, errrr.....? Let's not jump the gun on this one until we know the full extent of the matter.

Also, (and I can't believe I forgot this one) models are taken from the front when they're shot. Or, to put it another way, when a unit gets shot at, models from the part of the unit closest to the firer are removed first.

As has been rumoured for ages.

Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 15:06

Oh gosh, I absolutely love the Warlord rule. With two HQs taken, it is always a bit silly in my mind that they both count equally important in the battle, when army fluff wise it rarely if ever is the case. My self-proclaimed chosen of Khaine Archon will love the everloving heck of this, inspiring the rest of the army to fight harder by doing what she always does - smashing into the enemy front lines as quickly as possible.

Jink giving a 5+ save to fast sounds incredibly derp, but oh well. We won't need Flickerfields then and will instead spend those 10 points on Splinter Racks, for it is the edition of the Kabalite Warriors!

Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 16:13

I'm loving the dear crap out of those rumours! Everything sounds terrific and I'm eager to read the complete new rules set.
Finally model placement becomes more of a tactical decision, forcing players to decide between range for special weapons and squad leaders or more or less safety! Finally Warlords really lead the battle! Finally monstrous creatures feel massive! Finally a chainsword is more powerful than a knife (and I don't care what that does to us)!
And here's hoping our Flickerfields upgrade the jink move to 4+ and 3+ respectively. If so, combined with the 6+ to hit for fast skimmers, our armada will become more resilient than ever! (oh my god, think about Eldar Falcons...)

I'm so happy, I'mma dragon kick a baby! Smile

And btw, isn't it awesome, that we have rumours on this awesome board much faster than on the oh-so-amazing-and-up-to-date BOLS(hit)? Go Dark City!

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 16:46

Hahaha, Eldar Falcons with 5+ save at all times. Our local Eldar player runs two Falcons in squadron with Holofields, Spirit stones and Vectored engines with Eldrad in one of them. Those freaking things are nigh indestructible even now to the point I don't even bother shooting at them, with a constant 5+ it will be a true horror.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th Ed rumors and DE
Page 7 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next