THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

In Regards to the New Book

Go down 
+6
Raneth
The New AIDS
Azdrubael
SleepyPillow
Count Adhemar
blackoutcs
10 posters
AuthorMessage
blackoutcs
Hellion
blackoutcs

In Regards to the New Book Empty
PostSubject: In Regards to the New Book   In Regards to the New Book I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 08:17

ok.... i hate ranting, but this deserves a rant.
Here is a prime example of why the new DE codex was a bad thing. Having "shiny new" DE models attracted people who have no idea of how the army works or how to play them in general. For example, basic fundamentals such as deployment, target priority, when to turbo boost, what to do if you have second turn etc, etc. Players of the old book had to know exactly how their list and the army as a whole worked or else they would get annihilated

Since the book was so old, only people who truly loved the army or people who wanted to take on a challenge collected/started DE. For the longest time there was no hope of shiny new models, updated rules, or even the slightest glimmer of GW attention. What we did have though was a time tested and extremely finese book that if used properly could devastate almost anything. We had the pride of being different and using an army that wasnt even sold at my hobby store cuz no1 had bothered to buy/ask for it it in years. I really do wish that the new book had never come out because not only did it pretty much invalidate a bunch of people models and force them to re buy their same army, but it really killed a piece of warhammer history. If GW had updated the book within the first 4-5 years such as other books it would of been fine. However, GW left this book unchecked (save the chapter approved update) for such a long time that the book became a living piece of viable history. The DE book didnt follow the normal process for getting updated, but instead was overlooked for over a decade. During this decade the few players had to constantly struggle with most things being outdated until we found a way to effectively use them. Indeed we did find effective ways to run out lists and perform well against even the cheesiest lists.

So in short, GW made an army that required true passion and persistance that most playerswould simply turn their nose up to and simply choose a different more mainstream army. Us old DE players were a unique sect in the warhammer meta to say the least and with this new release it seems that everybody and their mom have started playing DE.

I just feel like the new book has made the DE something that it never and really shouldnt be
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to the New Book   In Regards to the New Book I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 09:43

I'm not really sure what the point of this rant is. How does the number of people playing DE alter your own playing experience? Do they make you play badly in some way?

SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to the New Book   In Regards to the New Book I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 10:09

This is the most pathetic EDIT I saw for a while on this board. Kudo's to this big amount of stereotyped thinking that you spitted out in our faces.

Your sentences don't even got a valid point, if all you're saying is, that "GW shouldn't have updates the Book cuz now way more people play DE".

What? Seriously? That's what you rant about? Oh wait, you also point out that new player don't have any idea about "basic fundamentals" because they only got attracted by the models. WHAT ARE THE PEOPLE IN YOUR AREA, DARKCITY, DAKKA AND WHATEVER ELSE THERE FOR, IF NOT TO TEACH NEW PLAYERS IN EXACTLY THESE THINGS.

You should be darn proud about the fact that DE got a bigger fanbase and help these people be as good as you pretend to be.

Holy crap, houston we've got a sissy.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to the New Book   In Regards to the New Book I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 11:26

Quote :
Holy crap, houston we've got a sissy.
Oh well, that was crude, but there is some point in your argument.
Elitism only concerns, well, elitists, and if you analyse the thing to the end it aint pretty at all.

By the way im really really glad we have a one time update, cause we have an army that have one style in all of its miniatures, not many armies can say that. We also have interchangable plastic boxes, another plus from single release. I just love our plastic, its so easy to work with and customise things, i dont even know how can one even compare it to old warrior and wyches.

The New AIDS
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to the New Book   In Regards to the New Book I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 14:00

Your rant is bad and you should feel bad.

But in all seriousness, what you just said was "The old book was outdated so only die-hards played it. The update means that people don't have to work hard at a dex they have to work hard with. Now more people play the army. That is bad."

You are are basically a 40k hipster. It is good the army was updated. Now it looks good. Now there is more codex material available. Take your nostalgia elsewhere. What you said was vapid and meaningless.

"Oh, these things? They're your sister's face."
Back to top Go down
blackoutcs
Hellion
blackoutcs

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to the New Book   In Regards to the New Book I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 14:19

ugh you guys are right. i wrote this later than midnight last night and ill admit it is inaccurate and impulsive. apologies go out to you all

Back to top Go down
The New AIDS
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to the New Book   In Regards to the New Book I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 14:27

Nah it's cool man. I get what you are saying, but this is the wrong place to say it. Here it's pretty irrelevant.

"Oh, these things? They're your sister's face."
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to the New Book   In Regards to the New Book I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 17:22

The New AIDS wrote:
You are are basically a 40k hipster

I cringed...

Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to the New Book   In Regards to the New Book I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 18:28

Ranerth wrote:
The New AIDS wrote: wrote:

You are are basically a 40k hipster

I cringed...

I LOLed! XD

Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to the New Book   In Regards to the New Book I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 18:37

blackoutcs wrote:
ugh you guys are right. i wrote this later than midnight last night and ill admit it is inaccurate and impulsive. apologies go out to you all

Ha ha. It happens. Take some drugs, whip yourself and then go on a real space raid. You'll feel better.

It could have been much-much worse. You could have started a grey knight thread. Shocked

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to the New Book   In Regards to the New Book I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 18:59

RAWR! GRAY KNIGHTS! RAGE!! RAWR!!!

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to the New Book   In Regards to the New Book I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 19:27

I started Grey Knight threads before they were cool.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to the New Book   In Regards to the New Book I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2012, 20:11

Locking this thread as it has run it's course already. Please can I remind people of the forum rules and our stance against aggressive and flaming posts.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Regards to the New Book   In Regards to the New Book I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Regards to the New Book
Page 1 of 1