THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt noob list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dukeofyork
Slave

2000pt noob list Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt noob list   2000pt noob list I_icon_minitimeSat May 26 2012, 18:41

Im new to 40k but want to build a competitive list that I can work towards building as I lwarn the INS and outs of the game. I know new rules will alter some things but I want to get some of this stuff bought before the price rises come. So here goes nothing:

Duke slicsus

3 haemunculuses with agonizers

3 units of 9 wyches all in raiders each with 2 s amd I (haemoculuses here)

10 wyches
Raider, 2 s and I, hek, power weapon

5 trueborn (duke)
Raider, 2 dl, 3 blasters

5 incubi
Venom, klaivex, demiklaiv

4 grotesques
Raider

3 ravagers

The idea is the whole army deepstrikes combay drugs are guaranteed to be great for wyches. Massed lances deals with armour, wyches grind out cc, and grots and incubi do heavy hitting.

Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

2000pt noob list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt noob list   2000pt noob list I_icon_minitimeSat May 26 2012, 21:41

Hi, welcome to the forum, dukeofyork!

It's always good to see a Duke Sliscus list, but I don't think you'll want to Deep Strike. You would be dropping in about half of your transports Turn 2, but then what, as you can't assault on the turn you Deep Strike? Hang out in the boats? A much more precise way to get your assault elements to work is to maneuver them 24" Turn 1, then move 12", disembark, assault (and run if you're not a Grot). Even the Ravagers want to be on the field to start if you're going first, or can hide them well. The all-Deep Strike list is fun, and is my current army of choice, but it's all about close-range shooting.

With that out of the way, I'll give my suggestions for your list.

1. The Haemonculi may not want Agonizers- oftentimes you split them from their Wych unit to allow the Wyches to run, so equipping them in cheapest fashion is good- a Liquifier and/or a Venom Blade, for example.

2. If you can fill your 6 Troops slots by adding more Wych squads, try to do so. However, it's a balance, because assault units need the right tools and numbers to get the job done. I would give most if not all of your Wyches Haywire Grenades, and give each unit a Hekatrix with an Agonizer. Their Raiders could use Flickerfields, (your Ravagers definitely need them)

3. A popular option to fill Troops is a minimized Wracks squad. Typically 3 Wracks in a 2-Cannon Venom, you could place them in a Raider instead for another Dark Lance. 90 points per Lance looks good when you get a unit that claims your homefield objectives in the bargain.

4.To get even more ranged anti-tank, the Grotesques and Incubi would be the first things I would cut for it, in that order. You have power weapon support from your Hekatrixes, and the utility of high Strength attacks can be emulated against Monstrouc Creatures by the Duke's squad or your Haywire Greandes against vehicles. More Trueborn with Blasters in a Raider with a Flickerfield would be great, though Reaver Jetbikes are anti-tank that can be anti-infantry, and they use combat drugs.

Those are my main thoughts. You shouldn't worry about the new rules until they are here, in my opinion. Just enjoy youself! Smile

Hellion
Warinthewebway

2000pt noob list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt noob list   2000pt noob list I_icon_minitimeSun May 27 2012, 10:29

Just thinking, I'd drop the grots. If you plan on taking them without a independent character there's a 1 in 6 chance they'll fail there berserk rampage test. I know 1 in 6 aint a lot but it's the time u need them to pass is the time when they will fail and you end up losing the unit plus what ever they kill.

Slave

2000pt noob list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt noob list   2000pt noob list I_icon_minitimeSun May 27 2012, 15:05

Thanks for all the advice guys. I completely forgot about the deep strike not being able to assault thing. I feel like in that case as much as I want the reroll on combat drugs is 150 points really worth just that. Im not making use of any of the other abilities the duke has and he is in a non combat unit.... Ive put together a list minus the duke taking a lot of your suggestions:

3 haemonculuses with agonizers

3 units 9 wyches in raiders with one hg each, haywire grenades, heks armed with ags

10 wyches
Raidet, hg, haywire grenades, hek with ag

2units 4 trueborn
Raiders with flickerfields, 4 blasters each

5 incubi
Venom, klaivex with demiklaive

3 ravagers woth flickerfields

That leaves 40 points. any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

2000pt noob list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt noob list   2000pt noob list I_icon_minitimeSun May 27 2012, 21:32

4 Flickerfields for your Wych Raiders, and that should do it!

I'll also say that for your Wych Weapons, Razorflails are better than Hydragauntlets for offensive power. I like Shardnets for the defensive benefits, personally.

2000pt noob list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt noob list   2000pt noob list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt noob list
Page 1 of 1