THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"

Go down 
+6
GAR
Thor665
Raneth
Fletch
Baron Tordeck
teknistmajjan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" Empty
PostSubject: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 00:32

So i have been playing lists with mainly CC and the last one was themed around Harlequins and the one before was a horde. So now i am going to give the boats a shot at having some fun.

I play in a pretty competitive environment so there is really nothing that stops me from bringing it big time to the table.

Here we go.

baron 105

3 trueborns: 3 blasters, venom with 2 splinter cannons 146

5 warriors: 1 blaster, venom with 2 splinter cannons 125
5 warriors: 1 blaster, raider med dark lance och ff 130

5 scourges: 2 blasters 140

ravager: ff 115
razorwing jetfighter: 4 shatterfield, ff 175

I'm aware of this being pretty much a netlist. It does not bother me however. I like the larger warrior units for late game. There is not any units to use for counter charge but thats the whole point.

Of course the list would probably be more opted with 4 more venoms and dropping things like reavers and razorwing jetfighter. But as i mentioned earlier i like the bigger warrior units. I also brought the razorwing since the model is fantastic. I would rather play the Voidraven bomber if i just had a model, can't be arsed to build one myself.

So yeah this is exactly the complete opposite from my normal list. Will be fun to try out.

C&C are welcome.

Last edited by teknistmajjan on Fri Aug 12 2011, 21:47; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 00:43

Arena Champs are useless. And I personally dont like to mix AI and AT in a single squad. I would drop the blasters from the 4 big warrior units and use the points from that and the AC and get a 2nd Reaver unit. Make them both 3 w/ 1 HL.

I would then upgrade the RZJ to have a splinter cannon (switch those DL to Dissies while your at it.)

With the above changes you'll have 6 pts left over. Might as well get Aethersails on one raider for those last turn OBJ grab.
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 00:51

Baron Tordeck wrote:
Arena Champs are useless. And I personally dont like to mix AI and AT in a single squad. I would drop the blasters from the 4 big warrior units and use the points from that and the AC and get a 2nd Reaver unit. Make them both 3 w/ 1 HL.

I would then upgrade the RZJ to have a splinter cannon (switch those DL to Dissies while your at it.)

With the above changes you'll have 6 pts left over. Might as well get Aethersails on one raider for those last turn OBJ grab.

Hey hey.

Terrible changes in my book. I wouldnt run dissies on the razorwing even if it were the only option i had Smile Seriously thats wasting points. I have all the anti infantry fire that i need so thats not going to happen.

The blasters in the 4 big warriors units is such a chepa investment for getting the option to fire at another 4 tanks each turn, even if the blaster is never used on a vehicle in a game it will still be worth it. The fact is that in many games one will find out that you want more blasters, you really need to pop that one transport and all you do is hitting him with blanks, then having another 4 is perfect.

The reaver upgrade is pretty much 10p left over. If they were 3 i would run them just with a heat lance and be happy for the 78p cost. Now they take a panic when losing only one member and thats where LD 9 is nice. I would if i had the points give all 4 of the big warrior units a sybarite. Perhaps there will be some changes to the list just to fit that in. Well see.

Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 01:27

No its not. your trying to run things dual purpose and DE are not a tool box army like that. You have to play to our strong suits and dual purpose aint it.

Back to top Go down
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 01:50

teknistmajjan wrote:

archon: blaster 75

10 warriors: 1 blaster, 1 splinter cannon, raider with DL & FF 185

4 reavers: 1 heat lance, arena champ 110

razorwing jetfighter: 4 mono, ff 155

total: 1998

Interesting, my thoughts, the reavers just don't do it for me tbh (just do away with the combat drugged units all together) silent

I would change it to something like this (keeping it close to your list):

4 trueborns: 4 blasters, venom with 2 splinter cannons 173

10 warriors: 1 blaster, 1 splinter cannon, raider with DL, EAS 180
10 warriors: 1 blaster, 1 splinter cannon, raider with DL, EAS 180
10 warriors: 1 blaster, 1 splinter cannon, raider with DL 175

razorwing jetfighter: 4 mono, splinter cannon, ff 165

total: 1999
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 02:44

teknistmajjan wrote:

BS7 is nice and all but I think a Haemy would add more than (essentially) just another Darklight shot.

teknistmajjan wrote:

No argument here.

teknistmajjan wrote:

No argument here. Derp.

teknistmajjan wrote:

Okay so you like the big warrior units, and I suppose you also really like the big warrior units. But do you really need 4 of them? To me these're just points screaming to be shaved.

teknistmajjan wrote:

4 reavers: 1 heat lance, arena champ 110
Meh. This unit doesn't seem to excel at anything. Have you considered Beastmasters instead? Might make you feel better about dropping a few Kabalites here and there, as well.

teknistmajjan wrote:

Wellllll who can really blame you for wanting to field the Razorwing...

------------------- suggested changes (drumroll) -------------------

- drop Archon for Haemy (+/-???)
- drop 5 Kabs (+SCs) from each Big Warrior Unit (-220),
- drop the Reavers -srsly- (-110),
- invest in 2x[3x Beastmasters, 4x Razorwing Flocks, 5x Khymerae] (+312)
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 11:15

Baron Tordeck wrote:
No its not. your trying to run things dual purpose and DE are not a tool box army like that. You have to play to our strong suits and dual purpose aint it.

Once again you fail at see the purpose of the choices. This is no dual purpose list. I do not pick anything to have two purposes, but if the sacrifice for being able to do more then one thing is small then its worth every point.

Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 11:21

Fletch: Ive updated the list now. I also feel that the reavers are out of place. I really don't want to run tripple razorwing, even if they are cool. One is enough for me.

Raneth: I know that bringing a couple of beast units. Actually i can afford 3 units of 2 beastmasters, 4 khymereas, 2 razorwing flocks if i dropped the 10 men strong units down to 5 and got rid of the reavers.

Perhaps you missed what i wrote in the first post. There isnt supposed to be any counter charge units in the list. It is supposed to focus on shooting and mobility only. The archon is really the only thing i would change equipment on just to have him killier.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 16:19

teknistmajjan wrote:
Baron Tordeck wrote:

Once again you fail at see the purpose of the choices. This is no dual purpose list. I do not pick anything to have two purposes, but if the sacrifice for being able to do more then one thing is small then its worth every point.

I'm not missing anything. Your wasting points that can be used elsewhere to make the overall army better.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 17:02

i actually agree with Baron Tordeck about the arena champion - I'd drop him totally and leave the squad at three.

I really strongly agree that leaving the lances on the Razorwing is a good idea.

I'm fine with the Blasters in the gunboats.

How's that for mixing it up in the opinions? Wink
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 19:12

Scourges.

I love me some scourges.

My thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 19:25

I love scourges too, they are also good against infantry but I see no room here in this list so forget it.

Not feeling any love for the arena champ and drop the squad down to 3.

Any points floating around I would consider some trophies on a select few of the raiders that would be hanging back - they can round up fleeing units once they crash and burn.

Interesting idea though.
Back to top Go down
stinger989
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 19:34

i like leaving the lances on the razorwing for two main reasons,

1. pallys- there are a lot in my area and well they have to die somehow,

2. when people drop pod next to me and realize they are out of range from NS then i lance the drop pod and drop the missiles on the pod which ends up hitting the unit and vaporize them. your really only loosing 4 shots but you have a better strength and can id stuff. way better in my book, unless your in combat patrol then its des all the way!

just my $.02
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2011, 20:43

List looks fine, I dont see a purpose for the Area Champ, but Im sure itll be fine, those points could be used for some extra trophies or NS on those TB venoms that have to get close to be effective
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 14:49

List have been edited. The reavers felt a bit off so they made room for some higher LD in warrior units and a couple more blaster trueborns.

Now i'm satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 17:21

The list looks streamlined and consistent, if nothing else, though the lack of a dedicated close combat/tarpit element continues to worry me. Why'd you stop at 1982 pts anyway?

Echoing others before me, I suggest maybe changing two Big Squads to 5, dropping the Sybarite and splinter cannon from them as well; doing so will yield 5 Scourges w/ 2x blaster for a grand total of 1992 pts. It's not a major change, but if you're aiming for uber Darklight spam I'd say it's something to consider.

In fact, allow me to humour myself...

Quote :
--full SCOURGE MSU overhaul---

3 trueborns: 3 blasters, venom: 2 splinter cannons 146

5 warriors: 1 blaster, venom: 2 splinter cannons 125
5 warriors: 1 blaster, raider: DL, ff 130

TOTAL 1948 pts

PS1: I think Venoms are less juicy on regular Kabalites than on Blasterborn because of their lowish chance of actually popping a transport for the Venom to work its magic on the contents. Spending the 5 points to 'upgrade' their Venoms to FF-Raiders is, in practice, a really good deal.

PS2: If I could fork out the extra 22 points I'd definitely take Reavers over Scourges! Noone does Rear Armour quite like our Jetbikes.
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 20:34

Hmm that list was pretty interresting. In a hurry right now but i'l look more on it later. Pretty hot actually.
Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 21:22

Raneth wrote:
The list looks streamlined and consistent, if nothing else, though the lack of a dedicated close combat/tarpit element continues to worry me. Why'd you stop at 1982 pts anyway?

Echoing others before me, I suggest maybe changing two Big Squads to 5, dropping the Sybarite and splinter cannon from them as well; doing so will yield 5 Scourges w/ 2x blaster for a grand total of 1992 pts. It's not a major change, but if you're aiming for uber Darklight spam I'd say it's something to consider.

In fact, allow me to humour myself...

Quote :
--full SCOURGE MSU overhaul---

TOTAL 1948 pts

PS1: I think Venoms are less juicy on regular Kabalites than on Blasterborn because of their lowish chance of actually popping a transport for the Venom to work its magic on the contents. Spending the 5 points to 'upgrade' their Venoms to FF-Raiders is, in practice, a really good deal.

PS2: If I could fork out the extra 22 points I'd definitely take Reavers over Scourges! Noone does Rear Armour quite like our Jetbikes.

Exellent suggestions. Ive updated the list with some minor changes. I'l give it a try next week to see how it performs. If i dont like the boatspam i'l just bring along the footdar Webway portal to the tournament im aiming for.
Back to top Go down
DanceofDecemberSouls
Hellion
DanceofDecemberSouls

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2011, 17:26

I don't think you get two splintercannons on a venom. I think you only get one and that replaces the twin linked splinter rifle.

Edit- sorry for the double post and please ignore my previous statement. I did not read the wargear entry or something. Sorry.
-shoots self with blast pistol-

Edit - Next person I see that double posts will take a blast pistol to the face Twisted Evil - Baron Tordeck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"   Blow it all up, A 2000p  version of Dark Eldar "leafblower" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blow it all up, A 2000p version of Dark Eldar "leafblower"
Page 1 of 1