THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army

Go down 
+4
Gobsmakked
Cavash
The_Burning_Eye
Chaeril
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 19:17

A quick but very effective paintjob: my 'Wanderer' ash waste based commissar.

Again a model perhaps 20 years out of production?

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 PICT0803

Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25 2012, 13:44

Nomad infantry 'blob', led by commissar.

- 3 gang leaders with spear and laspistol, 3 snipers, 24 lasguns/autoguns = 165 points
- commissar with boltgun = 37 points
- total = 202 points.

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 PICT0804

Look pretty good from the back too! :-)

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 PICT0812
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25 2012, 14:39

That Commissar is an awesome model. He goes very well with your nomads.

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25 2012, 14:47

Cavash wrote:
That Commissar is an awesome model. He goes very well with your nomads.

Thanks!

Yes, a great model which I bought absolutely ages ago, when I was 12 I think (I am 33 right now...). He never really had a defined role or a part in my army. I am glad I have finally rectified that! Smile

EDIT: 'The Golden Band', my nomad command group under construction! Might be next to finished this evening or tomorrow, thereby completing the foot component of my nomad warband (40 models in total).

Some excellent models there! I especially like the three female 'juves' on the right, the female plasma gunner and the male Cadian meltagunner conversion (especially these last two, they look so damned mean!).

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 PICT0820

Conversion list: here one Tanith Ghost with a Dark Elf helmet, an Escher with a green stuff cape, a modern Cadian with a head swap and a cape, a Steel Legion plasma gunner with cape and head swap, a leader built with all manner of different parts, two Wargames Foundry female models with green stuff cape and scarf, a Necromunda ratskin with a green stuff scarf, and an Escher juve with green stuff cape and scarf Smile
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2012, 18:57

It took me quite some time, but finally my 'Golden Band' is finished!

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 PICT0866

And with it, all 40 ash nomads!

Here their combined might, one troop choice out of my 400 point nomad list:

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 PICT0870

In this setting this is:

- a HQ with warlord with plasma pistol and sword, 3 plasma gunners and ratskin scout, for 85 points.
- 3 gangs with gang leader with CCW and laspistol, a sniper and 8 nomads with las/autoguns, for 165 points
- total: 250 points.

... to be augmented with 2 squads of 5 motorized AT rough riders (2 meltaguns each) for 150 points

Ah, and as an afterthought, always a fun game: 'find the seven differences' tongue :

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 PICT0878
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08 2012, 13:42

Quote :
Commissariat Report on Brigadier General Alexander, CO of the NECEF-317th 'Nomad Legion' Brigade

Brigadier General Alexander, age 59, is the commanding officer of the 317th Necromundan Expeditionary Forces brigade, codenamed the 'Nomad Legion'.

This 'Nomad Legion' is a 2000-strong mixed mobile and light infantry brigade comprised of all manners of Necromundan penal legionnaries, hive gangers and ash waste nomads, rounded up to pay for their sins against their betters, or as a tithe paid to keep their tribes loyal to the Imperium. Added to this brigade of irregulars are a few companies of the 'Red Spiders', the Hive Primus regular spire guards loyal to planetary governor Helmawr. Even as nominal command is given to the regular army officers chosen by Necromundan High Command, the unruly majority of the 'Nomad Legion' refuse to follow the orders from anybody but their own tribesmen and brigadier general Alexander himself.

Both lauded as a war hero and courtmartialled for insubordination multiple times, brigadier general Alexander is a rare breed amongst Necromundan officers. It cannot be ignored that the ageing man, commanding some of the most despised rabble on the planet, tries hard at every turn to achieve remarkable victories while keeping the forces under his command both alive and self-reliant. Multiple times during the last 30 years, he has been in command over suicide missions meant to clear away the opposition and the seditious soldiers fighting for the Imperium both, yet many times he managed to bring home with him a much larger portion of fighting men than his superiors would have wanted. As less casualties means more troops able to fight in the next warzone, the commissariat does not agree with the Necromundan High Command that general slaughter of all sides would be preferable to this economically sound course of action. Even a criminal with a lasgun can kill more xenos when he stays alive to fight the next day.

It is a hard decision whether brigadier general Alexander deserves a medal or a firing squad. The lower ranks he commands adore the man, while the higher the rank of the noble officers in the Necromundan High Command, the more adamant their call to eliminate the brigadier general on charges of arrogance and disregard for chains of command. After much consideration, however, the commissariat decision made many years ago remains valid, namely that executing brigadier general Alexander would rob the Imperium of an able commander, destroy the effectiveness of the 'Nomad Legion' and most likely sow large discontent and rebellion in Necromundan hives and wastes alike. Since the control of the regular Necromundan army over the underhives and the wastes is tenious at best, and campaigns against these proud people in the past have proven to be a disaster concerning cost-effectiveness, the commissariat will continue to defend the command of brigadier general Alexander, as long as his troops deliver victory when called for.

The commissariat has also decided not to intervene in the never ending nepotism running rampant in the 'Nomad Legion': systematically the irregular companies under brigadier general Alexander are reinforced with even more undesirables rounded up and shoved off to die for the glory of the NECEF, while both the best wargear and the most prestigious missions are given to the regular companies led by hive spire nobles. As a rule of thumb, the irregulars are sent out to die namelessly when survival chances are slim, only to be replaced by even more outlawed gangers and nomads with rusty weapons, while every crucial trust leading to victory is marshalled by spire nobles with shiny tanks and artillery support, parading as brave victors after the war is fought and won. Brigadier general Alexander seems to grudgingly accept this conduct, but on the other hand he 'fails' to discipline his men while they turn scrounging and outright stealing weapons and supplies from the regular troops fighting next (or rather behind) them into an art form. (*)

As the joint Necromundan commissariat has decided that this is just the way the world turns, we have decided not to intervene, letting this rivalry play its course, as long as it bolsters the fighting prowess against the common enemy. Therefore, we consider this case once again closed. Further calls for disciplinary measures will be dealt with most harshly, as the job of an Imperial officer is to fight and if need be to die for the Imperium, not for his own petty titles and sense of self-importance.

((*) At one point we even received word of ash nomads forcing a neighbouring Necromundan artillery company at gunpoint to shell the positions of the enemy. Follow-up investigations revealed that this artillery support had been denied by a rival officer, and that the consistent shelling destroyed a critical bunker which would otherwise have needlessly killed off dozens if not hundreds of the ash nomads demanding the artillery barrage. The artillery commander was flogged for negligence together with the nomads who had hijacked his cannons.)
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08 2012, 21:53

To keep saying 'keep up the good work' each time would get repetitive, so I don't always bother. But I know it can be disappointing not to get more replies, given the work that's obviously gone into this - not only the models, but also the backstory - so I just wanted to say that I look at the updates more often than I comment.
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2012, 00:28

Ben_S wrote:
To keep saying 'keep up the good work' each time would get repetitive, so I don't always bother. But I know it can be disappointing not to get more replies, given the work that's obviously gone into this - not only the models, but also the backstory - so I just wanted to say that I look at the updates more often than I comment.

Hehe, thanks! Well yeah I like fantasy and writing and the background for this army has been growing for about ten years... Just now writing it down.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22 2012, 16:53

Geat background and great models

Are you going to do any moe soon? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22 2012, 18:10

Haha, still waiting for my rough rider biker squadron to arrive in the mail!

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22 2012, 18:14

Well, I hope you're not geting them via e-mail. The only way to get them would be to break the screen, but then you'd need to buy a new computer.

Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22 2012, 19:31

Cavash wrote:
Well, I hope you're not geting them via e-mail. The only way to get them would be to break the screen, but then you'd need to buy a new computer.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2012, 12:26

Package with bikers sent on july 11th, today the 23th and still nothing... I honestly think that if I just walked to for instance Dunkirk and there swam the Channel and walked some more, I would already have my packet... Huge frustration...
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23 2012, 21:54

That sucks! Can you track it?

Also, please don't swim the Channel, sea monsters are in breeding season at the moment and they get very territorial!

Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 11:58

Cavash wrote:
That sucks! Can you track it?

Also, please don't swim the Channel, sea monsters are in breeding season at the moment and they get very territorial!

I'll take my can of mace :-)

EDIT: the package has finally arrived! 13 days from the UK to Belgium. Hope they are faster on the battlefield! :-)
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 13:55

Chaeril wrote:
EDIT: the package has finally arrived! 13 days from the UK to Belgium. Hope they are faster on the battlefield! :-)

Wow, it looks like the sea monsters interupted shipping a bit.
Great to hear that you've got them and cannot wait to see them! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 10:05

2 Rough Rider (biker) squads to be! Lots of conversion work though... This is just a teaser!

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 PICT0896

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 10:39

Yay!

I really like those bikes, especially the one on the front left.
Also, is that an Orkish buggy I spie?

Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26 2012, 20:55

Nice to see Ramshackle stuff getting some love!
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2012, 12:01

Allright, I finally found some time to start converting the nomad rough rider bikers, here is the first, ready to be painted.

The lance is a large nail with the base sawed off, and grenades pasted to the top. Perhaps a bit too thick, but readily available AND sturdy. If the end result is cool, nobody will mind.

I enlarged the base too, just to more readily mesh these rough riders with the rest of the warband and with each other.

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 Roughrider1

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 Roughrider2

One overly mean f*ck, if you ask me - excellent! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29 2012, 14:34

Second biker converted! I love to combine parts of one shady miniature developer with parts of another :-)

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 PICT0901

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 PICT0906
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01 2012, 11:35

Somehow the other day I failed to notice the 4th page of this thread and assumed you were still waiting for them to arrive in the mail. I was about to ask whether they'd shown up yet only to see that you've already made several. Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 11:17

In other news, finally busy painting my sandbag barricades! Not a bad idea, considering the Dark Eldar menace threatening these nomads is slowly growing...

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 Sandbags-1
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22 2012, 15:08

The overview of IG models ready to be painted, all the rest is in storage until I move again.

Just wanted to show my barricades, but for the rest it is to be painted: 8 storm troopers, 5 regular troopers, 3 mortar teams, some more terrain pieces and 2 rough rider bikes (the rest awaiting conversion)

The painted models act as Necromunda gangs at the moment (both the planet AND the game itself...)

Left, my yellow DE menace...

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 Overview
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 15:25

Some news: I have bought models for another troop & HQ, turning this into a legal nomad light infantry. I will be SELLING my Leman Russes & Chimera & Cadian troop choices, only keeping (and converting) the sentinels, which I love. So it will be two troops & three fast attack, bikes and sentinels, and masses of infantry, but I will sell all the regulars infantry, painted or not!

Because I like 'closed projects'. And I will close up my Imperial Guard as Necromundan ash waste nomad irregulars.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army   Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project Log: 'The Nomad Legion', Necromundan IG army
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next