THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Equiping Reaver Jetbikes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

Equiping Reaver Jetbikes Empty
PostSubject: Equiping Reaver Jetbikes   Equiping Reaver Jetbikes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 11:10

My question is quite simple but before I spend a lot of time assembling and magnetizing my reavers I want to be sure I'm doing it right.

In the unit entry it says for every 3 models one of them may be upgraded with a Heat Lance or Blaster

It does also say that for every 3 models one of them may have either the Grav-Talon or Cluster Caltrops upgrade.

Of course I know it would not be that smart to have both upgrades in the same unit since they fulfill different roles, but would it be theoretically possible to have both a HL/Blaster and a Grav-Talon/Cluster Caltrops in the same unit of 3? And if so, do both upgrades have to be on the same model? If it's allowed, is it a good idea to split the upgrades to two models?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Equiping Reaver Jetbikes   Equiping Reaver Jetbikes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 11:32

Dogmar wrote:
would it be theoretically possible to have both a HL/Blaster and a Grav-Talon/Cluster Caltrops in the same unit of 3?

Yes

Quote :
And if so, do both upgrades have to be on the same model?

No

Quote :
If it's allowed, is it a good idea to split the upgrades to two models?

Yes

Brief, and to the point. That's me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: Equiping Reaver Jetbikes   Equiping Reaver Jetbikes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 14:02

Thanks a lot Count Adhemar.

would you care to elaborate why it is a good idea to split the upgrades? Putting them both on one model makes the unit maintain all its gimmicks before it is completely destroyed. By splitting them I'd lose something after the second wound.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Equiping Reaver Jetbikes   Equiping Reaver Jetbikes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 14:16

Mainly for wound allocation purposes (although that might not be an issue in 6th). By splitting the wargear you have more options on where to allocate wounds.
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: Equiping Reaver Jetbikes   Equiping Reaver Jetbikes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 14:24

I think I'll just place magnets for the cluster caltrops in two RJBs so that I can potentially have 1 RJB with both special weapon and Fly-by upgrade or to RJBs with one upgrade each. That way I can to the wound allocation thing as well as the other option.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equiping Reaver Jetbikes   Equiping Reaver Jetbikes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equiping Reaver Jetbikes
Page 1 of 1